No false prophet will be established in Israel

is good you will check it out.
I will look for Quran passages where Muhammad (pbuh) and Islam strenuously denied equality with Jesus the Christ and Messiah

Then you will duck and dive etc ... same 'ole

Does Islam confirm that Jesus Christ forgave sin? Did Muhammad (pbuh) or any other Abrahamic prophet claim to forgive sin?

I will look for Quran passages where Muhammad (pbuh) and Islam strenuously denied equality with Jesus the Christ and Messiah

Then you will duck and dive etc ... same 'ole
I would offer a return though from a different frame of reference. What you will find in the Quran, is where Muhammad asks Christians to cease with the Trinity and beleive in Jesus as a Messenger, Christ, Messiah, an Annointed One.

In offering that, I can also offer that means they are the 'Self of God', as they are all we can and will know of God, who is exalted above all knowledge and praise.

Regards Tony

Does Islam confirm that Jesus Christ forgave sin? Did Muhammad (pbuh) or any other Abrahamic prophet claim to forgive sin?
We could do this again RJM, but the OP poses a serious point about false Messengers. It is only fair to pursue the OP subject. The answer to this OP gives different frames of references.

Regards Tony

Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”

Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” Then the man got up and went home.

When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.
Matthew 9:1-7

Last edited:
So what?

Christians aren't instructed by the Quran

Are Baha'i instructed by the I Ching?
As per the OP. Muhammad is established in Israel and the verse said God would not allow a false prophet to do that.

First we need to establish the truth of Ezekial 13.

Regards Tony

We could do this again RJM, but the OP poses a serious point about false Messengers. It is only fair to pursue the OP subject. The answer to this OP gives different frames of references.

Regards Tony
Perhaps answer the question,?

Israel is understood as the people of God, not as an earthly territory. Many false prophets have tried for a time and fallen by the wayside.

Last edited:
Israel is understood as the people of God, not as an earthly territory. Many false prophets have tried for a time and fallen by the wayside.
Many would see that differently and there is a place called Israel, promised to the Jews.

There are hundred of false prophets, yet amongst the false there are true prophets.

So now we have identified the need to determine what Israel stands for so we can discuss Ezekial 13. Is it the people, is it the land, is it both?

Regards Tony

1) If a prophet comes to Isreal and is established therein, then verse 9 would indicate they are not false. I see this supports Jesus, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.
What if verse 9 is wrong? What is the evidence for existence of God and what is the evidence that Ezekiel was dispatched by this supposed God?

so we can discuss Ezekial 13.
I think would think it necessary to read the Book of Ezekiel in context before extracting chapters and then sentences from chapters, and then words from sentences to try to make Ezekiel support Baha'u'llah as a true prophet of Israel.

It's just more of the same cherry-picking, as far as I'm concerned, and this being the Baha'i forum, I'll stay out of this one

That may be so, but Jesus is the "promised Messiah" i.e. to the Jews
@muhammad_isa
Did Muhammad (pbuh) ever declare himself to be the actual reflection of Allah, in the sense that @Tony Bristow-Stagg uses the term Christ in relation to Jesus and to Baha'u'llah -- as more than just a man?

Say (unto them O Muhammad): I am only a mortal like you. It is inspired in me that your Allah is One Allah, therefor take the straight path unto Him and seek forgiveness of Him. And woe unto the idolaters
Quran 41:6 Pickthall

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “I am only a man like you, ˹but˺ it has been revealed to me that your God is only One God. So whoever hopes for the meeting with their Lord, let them do good deeds and associate none in the worship of their Lord."
18:110

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. “If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; and from now on you know him and have seen him.”

Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 14:6-9

Last edited:
'tango' is a dance that requires 2 people.
In the context of enmity between religious factions, the meaning should be clear.

Indeed .. thinking we know all about something when we really don't is .. well .. dangerous. 😐
I am glad to meet someone that has your deep knowledge.
Please inform me what you ment by it took 2 to tango and a little knowledge?
I dont like running around in circles not knowing what you meant.
It is a waste of time, and it will be much more productive to come to the point than to play with mysterious statements.

It is good you will check it out.

I would offer "Muslims believe that all Prophets (peace be upon them all) are anointed by Allah Almighty to bear His message to mankind and there is no distinction between prophets in terms of their importance or dignity."

Regards Tony
Hi Tony.
For what it is worth.
I can never accept Muhammad to be a prophet of the God I know from the Bible.
First of all concerning miracles and prophecies,
1. Allah in the Quran makes it clear in dozens of verses that Muhammad is only a 'Warner".
2. Allah says in even more verses in the Quran that He never gave Muhammad any miracles.

The message of Allah in the Quran is clear in hundreds of verses:
1. Kill all the Jews and Christians and other pagans, UNTIL ONLY ISLAM REMAINS.
This is not the message of YHWH and Jesus at all.

Lastly, The Quran speaks about other prophets/ messengers before Muhammad that was never messengers of YHWH at all!

Such as Alexander the Great (Duhl Quarnain), Lugman (No one knows who he was, Sali and Hud (Allah also forgot to tell us who these 2 guys were), Lut (Supposedly Lot of Sodom and Gomorrah. Allah did not only got it wrong that Lot was not a prophet, but He totally forgot the two most famous cities in history.)

Now, If anyone wants to demand that Muhammad was a prophet, they will have to show me any miracle or prophecy from him.
As we see in the above, the Quran is a confused book of fables to which YHWH can not be the author.

I would offer hand on heart, that jesus also said tell no one of the miracles
Not always. He fed the 5000. He changed water into wine at a wedding.. He performed several public miracles.
Jesus came to spread the Word of God, virtues that become a way of life for us to Love and serve each other.
Far more than that. He sacrificed himself as God’s only begotten Son upon the cross – the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world – to end blood sacrifice forever, and then was resurrected.
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
Yes. In the name of the Trinity
To teach people to observe all the things Jesus had commanded, and in that way we would know that Jesus would be with us always, even unto the end of the world. Amen to that.
Yes. Christ is alive, not buried with Baha’u’llah, not to return until the next ‘messenger’ arrives in another 1000 years, or whatever
Consider the miracle of modern medicine, we as individuals with medical knowledge can bring the dead back to life. Jesus was Christ, all knowing and one needs to consider that with that knowledge, our power of healing can also be seen as miraculous.
Not true. A ‘miracle’ is by definition a supernatural event.
I see medicine still needs us to embrace our spiritual capacity, as it has great influence in the healing process, but it will not mend broken bones.
Christ healed lepers and gave sight to the blind and raised the dead merely by His word. He forgave sin:

Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

At this, some of the teachers of the law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”

Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.” Then the man got up and went home.

When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to man.
Matthew 9:1-7

@Tony Bristow-Stagg
I'm responding to your incorrect claims about Jesus, not discussing Ezekiel, which I thought was your intention with this thread?

Last edited:
Back