What do you look like?

Camping at the lake.

campingatlakecompressed.jpg

Lol, what do a Muslim, an atheist, and a liberal Christian/former Baha'i all have in common?

ABBA!

and the Dooby Brothers

Haaaaaaa! It's a cultural milieu! We have a unique perspective having been perfectly positioned to observe the transition from the analog to the digital age! We are more qualified than any of another age to judge what is and isn't real. Well, I think. In the comparison of where we've been to where we're going essential truths are revealed which are hidden to other generations. We know, others guess or extrapolate. Neener, we are the greatest!

Chris

Haaaaaaa! It's a cultural milieu! We have a unique perspective having been perfectly positioned to observe the transition from the analog to the digital age! We are more qualified than any of another age to judge what is and isn't real. Well, I think. In the comparison of where we've been to where we're going essential truths are revealed which are hidden to other generations. We know, others guess or extrapolate. Neener, we are the greatest!

Chris

Whoot! Party on, Dude!

It's funny isn't it? I mean, I'll bet you were an ABBA fan too. So, all these years later we're doing the grown up thing. I've got short hair, and you're a Muslim, but it was grand and stupid ,and wonderful growing up in that in-between generation we did, wasn't it? They don't have a name for us. Not baby boomers, or genX.

:eek: Chris go and wash your mouth out with soap, what do you mean WAS an ABBA fan? Can you stop being an ABBA fan? Isn't there an international law aginst that? :p

I think everything goes full circle. When I was that age I believed people my age now were "dead old and boring and stupid" and people my parents age should be dead. We had it sussed, we were the rebels, all of our thoughts were original ....... wait a moment while I stop laughing at our stupidity. Of course our parents thought that at the same age, grandparents, and so it goes on and will no doubt continue to do so. Do our kids not think we are old and boring and "just don't understand" now. So perhaps it is grand and stupid and wonderful at that age growing up in any era?

Yes you are right we don't have a name. OK new campaign, name the lost generation. Erm.....GenABBA?

Ask 17th he's the creative one lol.

Salaam

Guys how to attach an image? I press insert image and it asks for my url, what url, it's not on the web. :(

Guys how to attach an image? I press insert image and it asks for my url, what url, it's not on the web. :(

When you are writing a post, before you submit scroll down and look for the "Manage Attachments" button. It will take you to a page where you can browse your own computer and upload images.

Also, I post images hosted at photobucket. You have to start an account there, and upload them into your account. Easier to just do it by the manage attachment button.

Thanks Lunamoth.

This is before the horns started to show and the black bedsheet of course. I was living in Singapore at the time.

Not sure if that worked?????

Attachments

• Singapore.jpg
    Singapore.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 271
Did I ever post a straight pic of myself? I know I posted the one with the cowboy hat, Ray Bans, and dhoti.

Chris

Thanks Lunamoth.

This is before the horns started to show and the black bedsheet of course. I was living in Singapore at the time.

Not sure if that worked?????

Looking good Muslimwoman!

You are a well-traveled person. I wish American culture was as good at encouraging world travel in our youth as British culture is.

And this is my proudest moment, I love this picture. I was a Sgt in the Militsry Police and of course that little beauty is the Queen Mother (may she rest in peace).

OK, lookit MW...Post a fresh one in your bed sheet, and you gotta PM me and tell me your real name. I'll never reveal unless you do.

Chris

Looking good Muslimwoman!

You are a well-traveled person. I wish American culture was as good at encouraging world travel in our youth as British culture is.

I think a lot of it is because we live on such a small island, where as you have a huge continent to explore. I was very lucky though, my fathers work took us all over the world and the travel bug just never left me but the downside is the lack of roots and stability.

Back