What do you look like?

Attachments

• 123456.JPG
    123456.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 240
Ah, which clan are you? Your plaid looks almost like a Campbell or an ancient Blackwatch squadron, but I could be mistaken (wouldn't be the first time nor the last.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Ah, which clan are you? Your plaid looks almost like a Campbell or an ancient Blackwatch squadron, but I could be mistaken (wouldn't be the first time nor the last.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I have no idea. I belong to Clan Stewart of Appin. But the kilt is one of three I own, 1 is plain black, the other is the Hunting Stewart the 3rd you can see. My family through my mothers side were in service to the Queen mothers family, looking after her two severely mentally handicapped sisters in Dumfrieshire, where my mother was born. They were true Stewarts too, my grandmother, great grandmother and great great grandmother all had the name Stuart Stewart, a tradition started in the 1750's when the Campbells wiped out all male members of my clan. The story of that event was later made famous in Robert louis Stevensons story "Kidnapped". By coincidence the local Church where I grew up in Colinton, Edinburgh, is where Stevenson grew up, his father was the minister there.

CCS,
If I wear it out at night here during the festival it could be full of condoms and still not be big enough to hold what I'd require ;) The ladies LOVE it :D

tao

LOL! I've always wanted to get Josh a kilt in his clan tartan. I looked into at one point and when I found I couldn't get it anywhere in the States at the time and it would be over $400 to get it from Scotland, I decided pants are good. :rolleyes:

Here in Seattle there is a Utilikilt store. I occasionally see guys around downtown dressed in them. It's so chicly punk. :p

LOL! I've always wanted to get Josh a kilt in his clan tartan. I looked into at one point and when I found I couldn't get it anywhere in the States at the time and it would be over $400 to get it from Scotland, I decided pants are good. :rolleyes:

Here in Seattle there is a Utilikilt store. I occasionally see guys around downtown dressed in them. It's so chicly punk. :p

You can get them for around $70 here, if you want me to look for one just say.

tao

Josh? in a kilt?...have you told him? lol :eek::eek::D

That would be like Terence and I in kilts...nope.

Josh? in a kilt?...have you told him? lol :eek::eek::D

That would be like Terence and I in kilts...nope.

Oh, yes. The kind like from Braveheart. Preferably with no shirt. LOL :eek::D

When we planned a wedding, he was going to wear that type of kilt. I forget what it's called- it's not a dress kilt like Tao is wearing.

But then we speeded things up a bit and just got married. LOL Wedding would be expensive and our families didn't have money, and neither did we. ;) So no kilt.

But yeah, he'd wear a kilt on occasion, if it were his clan's tartan. He's really into his Scottish heritage.

My wife is into that celticy nonsense as well. Sigh. I'm Scandinavian, but I don't yearn for a helmet with horns.

Chris

CCS,
If I wear it out at night here during the festival it could be full of condoms and still not be big enough to hold what I'd require ;) The ladies LOVE it :D

tao

That's what all the trannies say. Just condoms and Jagermeister for mouthwash I suppose, eh?

Chris

My wife is into that celticy nonsense as well. Sigh. I'm Scandinavian, but I don't yearn for a helmet with horns.

Chris

*takes out soapbox, then climbs on*

The "helmets with horns" is just a figment of the imagination created by those outside Scandinavia (actual "Norsemen"/""Vikings" never wore such helmets [they wore helmets, just not those that had horns on them].)

I have it on good authority that those helmets never existed inside Scandinavia (I'm talking about from people originally from Norway, Sweden and Denmark) and it is a huge pet peeve of theirs (and of mine) to have this myth continued (and don't get me started on the stuff presented in Marvel Comics' Thor series! *grrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr* *hissssssssss* *spit*)

Sorry about this. :eek: *steps off soapbox, breaks it up, then tosses it into the recycling bin*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back