What do you look like?

When we planned a wedding, he was going to wear that type of kilt. I forget what it's called- it's not a dress kilt like Tao is wearing.
I believe you mean a full plaid. They use many many yards of cloth and are far more expensive. They do look very cool though.

tao

I hear you, Chris. My ancestors don't dictate how I dress. (Although I'm sure they wouldn't be offended if I wore an Ao Dai, even though I'm not Vietnamese, or even Asian.)
Neither do mine. I wear it because it is fun and feels good to wear it. For many years I would not wear it because I objected to the shortbread box image of Scottishness. But I have lightened up a bit since then (believe it or not).

tao

Is it true that Scotsman keep money in their sporans? so if they get mugged they get a cheap thrill. Hee hee hee.

I believe you mean a full plaid. They use many many yards of cloth and are far more expensive. They do look very cool though.

tao

That's the one. I remember thinking I'd never imagined you need so many yards of fabric just to make it work. Crazy- it's like one giant piece of fabric, and you pleat it on the floor (just folding it) and then sort of lay down on it and wrap it around. LOL It was quite amusing and I thought surely the ancient Celts didn't do it this way- you'd be rolling around in the dirt trying to get dressed!

But yeah, very cool to me. And the bonus is it can serve as a lap blanket when not worn. LOL

As for me, I'm sort of Heinz 57 of Europe. Norwegian, Welsh, Irish, French, Czech, German. A smattering of everything with reportedly Cherokee as well. Now THAT combo would make an interesting costume! LOL

That's the one. I remember thinking I'd never imagined you need so many yards of fabric just to make it work. Crazy- it's like one giant piece of fabric, and you pleat it on the floor (just folding it) and then sort of lay down on it and wrap it around. LOL It was quite amusing and I thought surely the ancient Celts didn't do it this way- you'd be rolling around in the dirt trying to get dressed!

But yeah, very cool to me. And the bonus is it can serve as a lap blanket when not worn. LOL

As for me, I'm sort of Heinz 57 of Europe. Norwegian, Welsh, Irish, French, Czech, German. A smattering of everything with reportedly Cherokee as well. Now THAT combo would make an interesting costume! LOL
Oh, I thought you were a "guard" somewhere. I mean, the discipline it would take to wear that "uniform" must be absolutely awesome. Toughest guardsmen there are, I should think.

A bit foggy but here is one of MW giving heathen me a right hook :p

Attachments

• 1234567.bmp
    51.1 KB · Views: 339
untitled.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Now you can put a face to a name.

God Bless
Ian

Back