Kingdom of God/Heaven

Bandit said:
yes we did,:) i cannot remember where that was.
i am just going to agree with what ever everyone else says for awhile. it is much easier to just kind of nod and smile.

Jesus is going to stick that sickle into the earth and pull out the ripe grapes.
Bet it wont last long :) Ive tried to do that before and then Im compelled to reply to something... Im not even saying its God.. It could be just the challenge of it.

Faithfulservant said:
Bet it wont last long :) Ive tried to do that before and then Im compelled to reply to something... Im not even saying its God.. It could be just the challenge of it.
what i was thinking, is just coming up with stuff that we all know is not right, just to see who goes first...see how long i can keep you guys going with goofy stuff. you know, just crazy off the wall mix a little this with a little that...
I wonder what the kingdom of satan is? probably cars and trucks because i like them so much. LOL

Does that mean He's going to "squash" the sour grapes and make vinegar?

:D :D :D

You know I can't let that get past...
well Q, i was thinking the sour grapes go to heaven and the good grapes get left on the vine to spoil.:D :D :D
that reminds me of the old I Love Lucy, where she is in Italy and stomps the grapes and gets into that big fight.

I have another verse I would like to discuss with you guys. This one is longer so I figure we can all read from our own bibles and comment here. The verses are Matthew 25:31-46. I know I have a not so good reputation here but I am earnest in my seeking. If I have come across sarcastic to anybody I apologize for that.

Before I start I'll say that my current understanding is that Jesus will be seated at the right hand of God ( God on the throne). These verses seem to speak differently about that idea.

31: When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.............33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'come you who are blessed by my Father ; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. ( father is not on the throne)

From the way the rest reads, those that did good deeds for the King's brothers will have eternal life, those that did not will be sent to eternal punishment.

Again, I see a difference in what Jesus said and what is being taught in the church. It seems that the requirements for getting to heaven have gotten more complicated and people continue to add to the list of things to be done to get salvation; proclaim Jesus with your lips, you have to have a personal relationship, not to mention interpretations of Revelations. Jesus never said," make a verbal proclamation with your lips that i am Lord or you have to have a personal relationship with me to go to heaven". Where are people getting this from? Jesus so far has said that those that obey the commandments and those that feed and clothe the hungry and poor are going to receive eternal life.

didymus said:
I have another verse I would like to discuss with you guys. This one is longer so I figure we can all read from our own bibles and comment here. The verses are Matthew 25:31-46. I know I have a not so good reputation here but I am earnest in my seeking. If I have come across sarcastic to anybody I apologize for that.

Before I start I'll say that my current understanding is that Jesus will be seated at the right hand of God ( God on the throne). These verses seem to speak differently about that idea.

31: When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory.............33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'come you who are blessed by my Father ; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. ( father is not on the throne)

From the way the rest reads, those that did good deeds for the King's brothers will have eternal life, those that did not will be sent to eternal punishment.

Again, I see a difference in what Jesus said and what is being taught in the church. It seems that the requirements for getting to heaven have gotten more complicated and people continue to add to the list of things to be done to get salvation; proclaim Jesus with your lips, you have to have a personal relationship, not to mention interpretations of Revelations. Jesus never said," make a verbal proclamation with your lips that i am Lord or you have to have a personal relationship with me to go to heaven". Where are people getting this from? Jesus so far has said that those that obey the commandments and those that feed and clothe the hungry and poor are going to receive eternal life.
every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. we either bow now, or we bow later. one way or the either we are going to bow before the King. best to do it in humble service and gratitiude in love with the one who brought etrnal life IMO.
hard telling what some churches are teaching any more.

Who said," every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord?"

it is in the bible more at least 3 times. here are two of them.

some people only bow to themselves

Romans14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Philip. 2:9-11

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Psalms 118:15-16 The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the Lord does valiantly. The right hand of the Lord is exalted; The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

I just wanted to post a couple verses that show that Jesus is the right hand of the Father.

The scripture in question is post tribulation when Jesus comes in judgement of the nations that are left. The Kingdom on earth Jesus rules over.. He is the King of King and Lord of Lords and every knee shall bow to him. The Father is in heaven.. Jesus is on earth. The sheep on the right hand are those that accept Jesus as Lord.. those on the left are those that rejected this truth and will be cast away..

Jesus is the WAY.. he is the only WAY. You have to believe that he is LORD. The path is narrow to the kingdom of God. Its not about good deeds and living a good life.. You have to accept Christ and repent of your sins. The most horrible of men that accepted Christ as his savior on his deathbed will have eternal life... the best of men that donated his lifes savings to feed the poor would not unless he had done the same.

Why did God love Abraham.. because he had faith.. Why did God love Noah? because he had faith.. You have to have faith in what God is revealing. Jesus is the means of our Salvation.

John 3:11-18 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

You have to have faith and believe.. its that simple.. God does the rest.

Heres another one.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.

didymus said:
Who said," every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord?"
That my friend is in Revelations...and there is no dispute.

;)

v/r

Q

I was familiar with that verse(every knee shall bow) I just couldn't remember what book it was from. I wasn't sure if it was in the gospels or not. I will point out though that Jesus didn't say that, I have been focusing on what he said (not to take away from importance of Paul).

Nobody responded to my question. Isn't Jesus expected to be at the right hand and the father on the throne??

didymus said:
I was familiar with that verse(every knee shall bow) I just couldn't remember what book it was from. I wasn't sure if it was in the gospels or not. I will point out though that Jesus didn't say that, I have been focusing on what he said (not to take away from importance of Paul).

Nobody responded to my question. Isn't Jesus expected to be at the right hand and the father on the throne??
Jesus is on the right hand right now. Jesus said it and so did Paul. That is his position in the Kingdom...excercising the authority of God.

In what book did Jesus say that?

If Jesus is at the right hand now how does that apply to Matthew 25:31-46?

didymus said:
In what book did Jesus say that?

If Jesus is at the right hand now how does that apply to Matthew 25:31-46?
i dont knoooooooooooooooow .

Mark 16:19
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (KJV)

Luke 22:69
69 Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

here Jesus gives Peter the keys to the Kingdom. so what are the keys? Looks like Jesus gave Peter some authority to me.

Matt.16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Ok, didn't mean to press ya too hard :).

There should be an explanation to this. Jesus clearly stated in matthew 25 that the son of man will be sitting at the throne as king. he mentions the sheep on the right as his brothers. maybe jesus is one of the sheep also. just a thought.

i like the example of Jesus giving Peter the keys. whatever he binds and looses on earth will be binded and loosed in heaven. the binding and loos(ening)? is done on earth first. kingdom of heaven/God is here on earth.

Did, check post 27 from Faithful she answers you about the throne...those verses are post tribulation and at that time he is on the Throne on Earth judging the people that made it through the tribulation is the interpetation I got and the one I have found from most biblical scholars.

didymus said:
i like the example of Jesus giving Peter the keys. whatever he binds and looses on earth will be binded and loosed in heaven. the binding and loos(ening)? is done on earth first. kingdom of heaven/God is here on earth.
Go to Revelations Did.

Why don't you want to go to Revelations?

v/r

Q

didymus said:
Ok, didn't mean to press ya too hard :).

There should be an explanation to this. Jesus clearly stated in matthew 25 that the son of man will be sitting at the throne as king. he mentions the sheep on the right as his brothers. maybe jesus is one of the sheep also. just a thought.
:) i think Jesus is one of the sheep too.:)
he is the lamb of God
consider that the saints shall judge the world. that is a lot of sheep going baa baa

didymus said:
yah but that does not mean we go around making our own set of keys, changing the lock and whatever we say. Peter really was the speaker for the NT church but i think a lot of people cannot see that, well of course except for Paul too.:)

Back