Kingdom of God/Heaven

I have always thought of the Kingdom of Heaven/God as existing outside time. If this is so, then if we enter the Kingdom at all - now, after death, at the end of the world - then we will always have been part of it, including in the present moment. This probably sounds odd at first glance. If there is a heaven and it's timeless, and if I have a place there, then I'm there already and always have been.

Not to be too controversial I hope, I do think that maybe some doctrines have been played up in order to play down the teachings of Jesus which could make people difficult to control. The good folk of the USA can be excused for forgetting that for centuries, the Church was an instrument of government - that is, an instrument of repression - in Europe. We are still living with the legacy of those days.

I have had the experience in my life of the closeness, right here and now, of the Kindom. No-one can take that from me.

Blessings - VC

No pun or fun intended VC. But if I did not know better, I would swear you were talking about the NEXUS (as in Star Trek). Don't get me wrong, if that was paradise, I wouldn't mind being there...;)

v/r

Q

Q I'll discuss revelations with you, however, i'll add that this is a book i don't have alot of knowledge in. I'm happy to discuss it with you though.

Dor-- which verses are post tribulation and what exactly do you mean by post tribulation?

lunamoth said:
Revelations deserves its own thread, I think.

peace,
lunamoth
i think so too.
unless it is just using a scripture to show the Kingdom.

Post tribulation is after the tribulation.. after Christ returns to reign on earth as King of King and Lord or Lords.. Like Dor said the whole of the Matthew verses we've been discussing is concerning post tribulation judgement of people that made it through.

Ok, but how do you distinguish between post and pre tribulation? Jesus said the son of man will be seated at the throne with the sheep on the right and goats on the left. How does this impact the teaching that Jesus is seated at the right hand of God?

didymus said:
Ok, but how do you distinguish between post and pre tribulation? Jesus said the son of man will be seated at the throne with the sheep on the right and goats on the left. How does this impact the teaching that Jesus is seated at the right hand of God?

Doesn't that mean something else? A bit more symbolic, even?

Just to take what you just said, didymus, your right hand man would be someone that you trust everything to. The person you give complete authority to the things that matter most to you. So Jesus would be God's right hand. Then, to the right of Jesus are the sheep, and to the left are the goats. Sheep are considered to be meek in nature, and goats are considered to be stubborn.

And will somebody please start a Revelation thread? That would be excellent exercise...

Luke 12:32-34 "Do not be afraid little flock, for your father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possesions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also."

This must be present and futuristic. He said your heart will be where your treasure is. The heart is in the physical body not the spiritual. According to Paul; 1Corinthians 15:44 The body is sown a natural body and raised a spiritual body. Unless the raising is symbollic of a raising here on the earthly plane.

truthseeker said:
...And will somebody please start a Revelation thread? That would be excellent exercise...
I'm working on it...;)

Can't go off half cocked...Didymus would have me for breakfast...

v/r

Q

didymus said:
Luke 12:32-34 "Do not be afraid little flock, for your father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possesions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also."

This must be present and futuristic. He said your heart will be where your treasure is. The heart is in the physical body not the spiritual. According to Paul; 1Corinthians 15:44 The body is sown a natural body and raised a spiritual body. Unless the raising is symbollic of a raising here on the earthly plane.

Do you really read the Bible like that? I mean, as literally as that? Or are you really just trying to stimulate conversation?

didymus said:

we have a physical heart (body) that is sown first earthly, then a second heart that is sown spiritual. if all we focus on is earthly things then the spiritual man has not been raised up spiritually while on earth...and all we reap is that which will rust and corrupt.
The scripture also talks about walking in the spirit. this is not just our spirit but walking hand in hand and joined with God.
We also have another 'raising up' and that is when we take on an incorruptible body.
if we look close at what happened with Jesus, we can see the parallels. He was raised up 3 times but i think most may just see one or two.
that passage in 1Corinthians has a lot of information in it.

Quahom1 said:
I'm working on it...;)

Can't go off half cocked...Didymus would have me for breakfast...

v/r

Q
we could do the millenium kingdom Q?
i dont understand it but that would be a good one since that is what we are kind of on, right now.

or we could just do a chapter like Revelations 12?
i fairly understand that one.

or we could do the 7 churches.
:)

Bandit said:
we could do the millenium kingdom Q?
i dont understand it but that would be a good one since that is what we are kind of on, right now.

or we could just do a chapter like Revelations 12?
i fairly understand that one.

or we could do the 7 churches.
:)
I wanna do the "WHOLE THING" :D :D :D

Some people are edgy about looking too deep into Revelations. But this is very much a part of the Christian faith, and therefore, have nothing to fear.

Nice thing about Revelations is one must bring Daniel and Ezekiel (at the very least) into it for comparative study.

v/r

Q

Truthseeker, I read the Bible literally and figuratively. i constantly keep on the look out for symbollism and metaphors.

Hosea 6:2 After two days he will revive us, on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his prescence.

NKJV reads After two days he will revive us;
On the third day he will raise us up, that we may live in his sight.

this guy did a nice job pulling together some of the Kingdom. Repentance and how we enter into it...

http://aibi.gospelcom.net/aibi/kingdomsalvation.htm

The question of who is saved and who isn't saved is often debated by Christians so I thought I would tackle the question by starting with Jesus' salvation message about the Kingdom of God. Jesus equates salvation with "entering the Kingdom of God" and the salvation message of Jesus was simple: (Matthew 4:17 NKJV) From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

In Acts we see that suffering was normal for those finding the Kingdom, it was no easy gospel. "(Acts 14:22 NKJV) strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; (DANIEL 2; 44) this kingdom was set up in the heavens in 1914 it is a heavenly kingdom , and will eventualy take over rulership of the earth, Jesus is the king of this kingdom goverment, and no one can prevent Gods purpose from being acomplished because it is in heaven

Luke 17:20-21 "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'here it is' or 'there it is', because the kingdom of God is within you."

Back