Genesis 3:3-4

InLove said:
Maybe you should talk to them about that! You do have a way with words....:D

Yep, I can keep my wife...but she has to be dead. Don't think I'll be speaking from a raised dias anytime soon....:D

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Actually I believe this is where God later came up with "if you love someone else greater than me, you're setting yourself up for a hard fall", type message in the Bible.

Adam knew several things:

1. Eve was lost to death
2. Eve was now alone
3. Adam loved Eve and God, but
4. Adam chose Eve over God
5. God knew Adam would
6. God knew the two would learn the lessons together, in coming back to Him

Adam was not deceived at all. He knew what he was about to do, knew what he was about to give up, yet he did it anyway.
true ,adam was not decieved at allbut he put his wifes thoughts ahead of Gods thoughts, and the bible does say to us that we should love Jehovah God with our whole heart ,so he knew the rule was dont eat the fruit from that tree, but he listenedto eve instead. plus , because she was still alive at that point in time he must have thought ,well she hasnt died i will have some to .

mee said:
true ,adam was not decieved at allbut he put his wifes thoughts ahead of Gods thoughts, and the bible does say to us that we should love Jehovah God with our whole heart ,so he knew the rule was dont eat the fruit from that tree, but he listenedto eve instead. plus , because she was still alive at that point in time he must have thought ,well she hasnt died i will have some to .

Adam knew Eve was dead. He chose to die with her. Adam wasn't thinking he or she got away with anything, Mee. He chose to become "mortal".

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Adam knew Eve was dead. He chose to die with her. Adam wasn't thinking he or she got away with anything, Mee. He chose to become "mortal".

v/r

Q
yes, he choose to go against devine rulership:( eve was thoroughlydecieved 1timothy2;14 since the time of adam and eve.satan has continued to decieve people. he is in fact,misleading the entire inhabited earth....rev 12;9 his tactics have not changed. thou he no longer employs a litral serpent,he continues to conceal his identity

James 1:13-15
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
KJV

I think this scripture applies in the fall of man. Maybe it doesnt realy mater what the fruit was, maybe the fruit itself was sin, or maybe it was metaphor for sex, becuase they relized after they ate the fruit they where naked.... right after they where kicked out of the garden they had kids. What do we call it today when someone loses their virginity... a loss of inoccences? Maybe once she got pregnant it stop there imortality(that is if they where immortal meaning they were not suppost to die). Think about it this way... If they never died and kept having kids, and their kids kept having kids. How long would it take to over populate the world?

I think the fruit was knowledge. The whole scenario is a metaphor (if I'm using the word correctly).

I think Adam and Eve were made to procreate, as well as other things.

I could be wrong, but Genesis doesn't tell me that Adam and Eve were the only people to inhabit the earth, it just tells of the creation of Adam and Eve. She ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The fruit of apple trees are apples. The fruit of peach trees are peaches. So I assume that the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil are knowledge, which is good and/or evil. What is good and what is evil begins with Adam and Eve covering themselves and hiding from God. Of course, if they are now keeping things from God, then they have to go out on their own and figure out things because God has told them one thing and now they are beginning to question it.

So is the 'fruit' still detrimental to mankind today?????
I like the scripture from James that you choose.

So is the 'fruit' still detrimental to mankind today?????

You have a good point, if its hiding from God, then yes it is! Becuase we still try to hide things from God even today.

Ahhhhh!

Thank you for helping me to sort that out, Curios Mike. :)

The knowledge becomes evil when I try to hide it from God. When I am not hiding it from God, then the knowledge can be used for God's will....

Unless I'm moving too far away from the concept of the scripture. :eek: Does anyone care to correct me? I welcome the ideas....

truthseeker said:
Ahhhhh!

Thank you for helping me to sort that out, Curios Mike. :)

The knowledge becomes evil when I try to hide it from God. When I am not hiding it from God, then the knowledge can be used for God's will....

Unless I'm moving too far away from the concept of the scripture. :eek: Does anyone care to correct me? I welcome the ideas....

In all you do - do for the Glory of God... That is first and foremost and I suspect if we followed that command, there wouldn't be many problems with us.

I think knowledge becomes evil when we try to use it to hide or distance, or disassociate ourselves from God, might be more accurate.

v/r

Q

I would like to add a little twist on this.. My mother has a very close walk with Jesus Christ and everytime she receives a gem from the bible she calls me up very excited to tell me.. this is one of them.

When we read the sin committed by Adam and Eve and the curse from it...The curse to man was to toil in thorns for food and eventual death.

When Jesus was carrying the cross with a crown of thorns on His head (interesting to me that it was thorns) to His death.. He was atoning for the sins of the world which started with Adam and Eve. What did His death also bring.. The promise of eternal life. So His death was that which broke the curse that was laid upon man. We no longer live under the curse. Our sins are forgiven through Jesus Christ.

Faithfulservant said:
I would like to add a little twist on this.. My mother has a very close walk with Jesus Christ and everytime she receives a gem from the bible she calls me up very excited to tell me.. this is one of them.

When we read the sin committed by Adam and Eve and the curse from it...The curse to man was to toil in thorns for food and eventual death.

When Jesus was carrying the cross with a crown of thorns on His head (interesting to me that it was thorns) to His death.. He was atoning for the sins of the world which started with Adam and Eve. What did His death also bring.. The promise of eternal life. So His death was that which broke the curse that was laid upon man. We no longer live under the curse. Our sins are forgiven through Jesus Christ.

I could point out that the death of Jesus resulted in his burial, from which the hope and expectation of eternal life sprouted for man...buuuutttttt, I won't. :D

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
In all you do - do for the Glory of God... That is first and foremost and I suspect if we followed that command, there wouldn't be many problems with us.

I think knowledge becomes evil when we try to use it to hide or distance, or disassociate ourselves from God, might be more accurate.

v/r

Q
Knowledge becomes evil when we try to hide from God. What we do with the knowledge as we are hiding will further distance us from God. The end result is disassociation, which is sin, which shall result in death.....

Faithfulservant said:
So His death was that which broke the curse that was laid upon man. We no longer live under the curse.

Genesis 3 (NIV)

16To the woman he said,
I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.
17To Adam he said,
Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life.
18It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.
19By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.

Sounds like the curse is still going on today. I don't know if God cursed Adam as much as He cursed the ground. And Eve was cursed with desire for her (a? ;) ) husband and pain in childbearing.

I certainly do not have to toil in thorns and thistles for my food... and after bearing 2 children with the epidural I certainly didnt feel pain. :p as for desire............... well Im not touching that one. :)

Hi Faithfulservant, Peace--:) Nice to have you back.

I am interested in what you say about us no longer living under the curse:

Faithfulservant said:
So His death was that which broke the curse that was laid upon man. We no longer live under the curse. Our sins are forgiven through Jesus Christ.

I know that we are no longer subject to the law of sin and death, but aren't there many in the world (including believers in Christ) who do still have to scratch and labor and toil, and don't have access to modern medicine. Isn't the earth still groaning in anticipation of restoration?

I guess I am just looking for a little more clarity on the subject.

Glad you are here--I missed you.

InPeace,
InLove

Hi, Peace--

Faithfulservant and All,

I did find the following from Galations 3:10-14:

"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.' Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, 'The righteous will live by faith.' The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, 'The man who does these things will live by them.' Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.' He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit" (NIV).

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how many times one has studied Scripture, there always seems to be something "new" to find. I love that part of the Spiritual journey. I guess I have always concentrated on certain words like "Law" and "Spirit" without really catching the term "curse".

But I still wonder how to resolve this with the fact that there are Christian believers who labor among thorns and even go hungry and believing women who still bear children in pain, and obviously the earth is not restored, etc.

I have some ideas, but would still like to hear yours--

InPeace,
InLove

Back