A little game.

Beginning My Studies

Beginning my studies the first step pleas'd me so much,

The mere fact consciousness, these forms, the power of motion,

The least insect or animal, the senses, eyesight, love,

The first step I say awed me and pleas'd me so much,

I have hardly gone and hardly wish'd to go any farther,

But stop and loiter all the time to sing it in ecstatic songs.

Walt Whitman :)

Edit: (Namaste, wil--did you hear it pop? I think I did, but not entirely sure. :))

InLove said:
Ronnie Milsap of "Smokey Mountain Rain" fame?

Right author, wrong song. But maybe we shouldn't try to guess at two puzzles at once...therefore I differ to Cav. :)

There are two puzzles??? No wonder I was confused! I was working on one.:rolleyes:

ROTFL!!! This explains a lot. I thought Q knew the answer and was giving us a hint! I kept thinking--"But Walt Whitman wasn't blind--and what's all this about the smokey mountains?"

Well, I think I'll give this game a rest for a while. I'm tired! Y'all decide what to do next. Cav might not be here for a while--what time is it in Taiwan, anyway?

That was FUN! (I learned a lot about Erik Weihenmayer and Smoky the Bear, too.:D

InPeace,
InLove

Naw--you just made it better, Q.

Want a laugh? Here is something I wrote about halfway through the thread:

InLove said:
Also, Phyllis missed a turn...unless we just want to get several going at one time? Which might be delightfully chaotic:D ...

Careful what ya wish for--might come true!:D

InPeace,
InLove

I think it is now understandable that I didn't understand...

I'm gonna continue to watch until these two games unfold and then try the next...

Well...no one has solved Q's yet...ya know...

(recusing myself--2nd time in two threads today!:))

Quahom1 said:
Right author, wrong song. But maybe we shouldn't try to guess at two puzzles at once...therefore I differ to Cav. :)

InLove said:
There are two puzzles??? No wonder I was confused! I was working on one.:rolleyes:

ROTFL!!! This explains a lot. I thought Q knew the answer and was giving us a hint! I kept thinking--"But Walt Whitman wasn't blind--and what's all this about the smokey mountains?"

Kinda like herding :kitty:s. ;) :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

You go to sleep for a couple of hours....
I'm a little confused by all the posts and am not sure if you're sure that this is the right answer.

InLove said:
Beginning My Studies

Beginning my studies the first step pleas'd me so much,

The mere fact consciousness, these forms, the power of motion,

The least insect or animal, the senses, eyesight, love,

The first step I say awed me and pleas'd me so much,

I have hardly gone and hardly wish'd to go any farther,

But stop and loiter all the time to sing it in ecstatic songs.

Walt Whitman :)
Congratulations InLove.

Quahom1 said:
"In the silence of the night, you support me friendly, it supports me firmly..."
taken from prose, with music...and the guy is blind...;)

He loves the smokey mountains...

"In the still of the night
Hold me darlin', hold me tight"

(from "Lost in the Fifties Tonight"-- Ronnie Milsap)
(and inspired from the original "In the Still of the Night" recorded by the Five Satins, I think?)

I just thought the game looked a bit stalled. If this is the correct answer, then why don't we pass the baton to Phyllis, if she wants it--for bumping the thread? Better wait and see if the answer is right, though.:)

InLove said:
"In the still of the night
Hold me darlin', hold me tight"

(from "Lost in the Fifties Tonight"-- Ronnie Milsap)
(and inspired from the original "In the Still of the Night" recorded by the Five Satins, I think?)

I just thought the game looked a bit stalled. If this is the correct answer, then why don't we pass the baton to Phyllis, if she wants it--for bumping the thread? Better wait and see if the answer is right, though.:)

Well, it wasn't "Stevie Wonder"...:D

Phyllis' turn...

You mamzers.

This is a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation:

Approximately the same time, Carlotta, which had small its house in st. Honore du Faubourg of rue, rang for its maid, who brought letters to it to its bed. Among them was located anonymous missive, after it is written in the red inks, in to confuse, the clumsy hand, which broke into a run: If you appear to-night, then you must be prepared for the large misfortune at present when you reveal your mouth in order to ripen... misfortune poorer than death.
Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
You mamzers.

This is a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The "Rue de Faubourg St. Honore" gave it away...(I was an usher with my wife, at the Opera House in Detroit from 1993-1995)...;)

Oh, forgot. Gaston Laroux's "Phantom of the Opera"...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"About the same time, Carlotta, who had a small house of her own in the Rue du Faubourg St. Honoré, rang for her maid, who brought her letters to her bed. Among them was an anonymous missive, written in red ink, in a hesitating, clumsy hand, which ran: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you appear to-night, you must be prepared for a great misfortune at the moment when you open your mouth to sing...a misfortune worse than death. [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The letter took away Carlotta's appetite for breakfast. She pushed back her chocolate, sat up in bed and thought hard. It was not the first letter of the kind which she had received, but she never had one couched in such threatening terms."[/FONT]

A new one,

That time compared to and end compared to it is,: To sixth, 53, 131,th 9,435th ends, until quickly thin end and this book quickly, compared to and to end compared to, quickly and per the candle there is being an end of 186,000 quickly.

Back