A little game.

juantoo3 said:
Excellent quote, Phyllis, but I would never have guessed! :)

Guess, hell! I wouldn't have known where to begin! I better start reading more...:D

My next humble offering. :eek:
Me lets you tell concerning my father. He lived of itself in a small trailer in zuidwesten Ohio up to he a couple year suffered died. I felt open for him sadly always then I artificial tree with a single tie of lights, meelijwekkende at kerstmis because he had only approximately five cards on top of the pallet of TV, two or three parcels at the most a most visited, and, that since they involved cook bubbled.
You will have thought that pathetic closing on Chapel was the right of Sistine.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
If anybody's still playing, this is from the Humor section. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

CR's humor section, or humor in general?

Anybody still playing? :(:eek: If so, next hint:

Author died April 22, 1996 and book is a coolection of her writings.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Erma Bombeck..."If life is a bowl of cherries, why am I in the pits?"?

v/r

Q

Should I post the answer?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

cat (big cat) comes in from the cold and sniffs the senior ferret (both were babes together...respect where respect is due...

two animals claimor for attention on the human's legs, while the spouse is claimoring for attention from a different perspective.

So, Q give's in and askes "Which book"? ;)

v/r

the idiot

I'll post one more clue and it should be a dead giveaway: It was the only book she had published posthumously. If you can't get it within the week, I'll post the actual text from the book and the title. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I'll post one more clue and it should be a dead giveaway: It was the only book she had published posthumously. If you can't get it within the week, I'll post the actual text from the book and the title. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I read about the Best of Erma Bombeck (1997), Breast Cancer?: Let me check my schedule (1997), and "Eat less Cottage Cheese, and more icecream". (2003).

I also read about her talking about her Papa, but that was from the point of view of a 9 year old, and papa was like the refrigerator light... and Papa didn't go to work one day, but went to the the hospital and died...so she pulled the daddy doll out from under her bed and dusted it off...but I do not know where this passage of yours came from. Sorry, I tried to find it...so you must tell. ;)

v/r

Q

The book is/was Forever, Erma, a collection of her articles along with a section of tributes that was published posthumously (first printing was October, 1996). The article I chose was Grandfather's Solitude, originally published December 25th, 1979:

"Let me tell you about my grandfather. He lived by himself in a little trailer in southwest Ohio until he died a few years ago. I always felt sorry for him when I visited at Christmas because he only had about five cards on top of the TV set, two or three packages at the most to open, and a pitiful artificial tree with a single strand of lights that bubbled like they were going to boil over.
"You would have thought those pathetic trappings were straight from the Sistine Chapel."

Since you were closest, you have the honors of the next passage (sorry for such obscure books/passages on my part. :eek: )

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The book is/was Forever, Erma, a collection of her articles along with a section of tributes that was published posthumously (first printing was October, 1996). The article I chose was Grandfather's Solitude, originally published December 25th, 1979:

"Let me tell you about my grandfather. He lived by himself in a little trailer in southwest Ohio until he died a few years ago. I always felt sorry for him when I visited at Christmas because he only had about five cards on top of the TV set, two or three packages at the most to open, and a pitiful artificial tree with a single strand of lights that bubbled like they were going to boil over.
"You would have thought those pathetic trappings were straight from the Sistine Chapel."

Since you were closest, you have the honors of the next passage (sorry for such obscure books/passages on my part. :eek: )

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Well, it was good! You "broke the bank" so to speak. It was so close, yet so far. It also caused me to read about someone I wouldn't normally read, so doubly good! ;)

I'll come up with something, unless someone comes up with something first...

v/r

Q

Ok, how's this, it shouldn't be too difficult

As for that the wife we want the single person of possession ones of of the truth good fortune which is recognized generally that is and becomes it is.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man is in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

Jane Austen?

(Wow. Forgot about this game. Kinda like it. Maybe too much? :rolleyes:)

Back