What music are you listening to?

So... let's hop in the way back machine for a moment to 1992. were you alive? in any case, in that year i worked for a company which my father owned called Interstar Film Distribution and we released several films in the United States that i know you've heard of. this one, however, is one that you may not have: A Midnight Clear. this movie is based on the true story of a WWI English and German unit that declared their own cease fire on Christmas, sang songs and played football together. if you're into that sort of thing (and a young Ethan Hawke) give this movie a watch: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102443/

not really music related but sorta related to the conversation at large.

I've been binging on David (Jones) Bowie tunes today since he passed away Sunday due to cancer. Between the radio station and several internet tributes, one cannot really escape him (not that I mind some of his songs; it's just that not everything that he recorded was worth broadcasting imho.)

Might watch some of his movies tomorrow/some time in the near future. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

it's just that not everything that he recorded was worth broadcasting imho
Agreed. He was innovative and worthy of the accolades he's received, but some of the panegyrics I've heard have been too over the top for anyone to truly believe such things.

I watched Labyrinth last night. I hope that's on your list :)

Emerson, Lake and Palmer is on the radio due to Keith Emerson shedding his mortal coil last night at the age of 71.

One more musician from my generation is gone. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back