What music are you listening to?

Another non-music program from Radiolab about the Baker v Carr Supreme Court decision that sent one associate justice to the hospital and another packing. The case was finally decided in 1962 after the "swing vote" justice suffered a massive stroke as well as a nervous breakdown.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen just came on (the radio's on in the background.) The lead singer was Freddy Mercury, not any of the subsequent "face men" nor any of the Muppets. It pays to listen to a "classic rock" station sometimes...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen just came on (the radio's on in the background.) The lead singer was Freddy Mercury, not any of the subsequent "face men" nor any of the Muppets. It pays to listen to a "classic rock" station sometimes...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Nobody can replace Freddy Mercury!!

Right now Radiolab is talking about the Westgate Mall attack in Nairobi and other "confusing" terrorist attacks. It's rather interesting imho.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Something that the "old hippies" might enjoy: Mercedes-Benz by Janis Joplin as well as classic Pink Floyd.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
3wk.com classic underground channel

Deep cuts, side b, from the 60s n 70s...not just the top 40 of the day...

Good station for old hippies.

I've got both Leonard Cohen and Leon Russell going since they both passed away (Leon Russell passed just yesterday.) More and more of the singers/songwriters from the 1960s and 1970s are shaking off their mortal coils. :(

Robert Vaughan also passed away this weekend (he was well known as Napoleon Solo in Man from UNCLE.) I apologize for bringing up so many "negative vibes" to the boards. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I missed that one somehow. I never watched "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." I remember Robert Vaughan best for his roll in the British series, "Hustle" that our local PBS affiliate use to air.

He was also on a short-lived prime time "daytime drama" Eagle Point, NAS (I believe that was the title.) I "friended" a lady on LiveJournal who actually knew Robert Vaughan irl as well as several other people affiliated with both Man from UNCLE and Girl from UNCLE. She's quite interesting to "talk" with.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back