What music are you listening to?

My sister had a huge crush on the guy who now plays ducky....
David McCallum! Illya Kuryakin as he was in Man from UNCLE.

I'm a huge NCIS fan, and once asked my one of my daughters which character of the show I am most like, thinking it would be Ducky. She said Jethro ... but I think she wanted a big favour ...

Robert Vaughan was one of the Magnificent Seven.

This Christian music video may seem totally corny to those who are not Christian. But I'll share it here, 'cuz the lyrics really resonate with my sentiment and I think the song kinda reflects the current state of our country.

for KING & COUNTRY - "Ceasefire"

"No one ever wins when the goal is to settle the score ... "

Radiolab is on, the program's subject is Speed. They just finished talking about the day in 2010 when the NYSE lost roughly 1,000 points in one day and are now talking about slowing/"stopping" light. It's quite fascinating imho.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I greatly enjoy a Cappella ... Here are some for the season!

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukah! Have safe and joyful holidays everyone!

— Most of our guests for the holiday will arrive tomorrow, and a few plan to stay thru the New Year ...
So, see you guys in 2017! Happy New Year to you all too!!

Grandma got run over by a Reindeer - Home Free

Do You Hear What I Hear? - Home Free

Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix

Mary, Did You Know? - Pentatonix
Believe it or not, the lyrics of this song were written by Mark Lowry, the funny guy in the video I posted in another thread: God Did Not Write the Bible

I'm listening to President Obama's Farewell Address from our dear admin's hometown (at least, I believe StevePame's in Chicago...)

Unlike several naysayers, President Obama is taking the high road concerning the transfer of power. No wonder he's so beloved by people who have/had worked either with or for him. In fact, the clunky watch that he wears/wore was a present from the Secret Servicemen; his guards pooled their money to buy it for him, and the men who presented it to him said that he was the first candidate to actually consider their needs, inviting them to "break bread" with the family.

ETA: The farewell address as it was presented in Chicago from (I believe) ABC News.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
dear admin's hometown (at least, I believe StevePame's in Chicago...)
Yes indeed. I didn't go near the farewell address site today though. I must say, I'll be happy when there are no longer presidential motorcades choking traffic in the city. Just the standard awful drivers too busy texting to watch the road.

Yep Obama has always taken the high road. The hate mongers who cannot stand him always take the low road. I'm not saying he was a great president by any means. He let the opposition steamroll right over him too many times. But he is hardly the worst president in history as his deranged detractors make him out to be by putting every single thing he did in a negative light.

Not trying to start yet another political debate here. Just agreeing with Phyllis.

An interview by the BBC of a veteran and a naturalized American citizen a few days after the veteran gave the other man and his wife a Purple Heart medal at Dulles Airport during the anti-Travel Ban protest.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back