What music are you listening to?

A great music clip from one of my fav groups.
(except that John Lennon didn’t understand what a religion truly is, imho ...)

Imagine - Pentatonix

(except that John Lennon didn’t understand what a religion truly is, imho ...)
Can I ask what you think he got wrong in this song? It appears to me he thought nationalism and religiosity are hindering peace.and have caused wars...and is not decrying his understandings, but common understandings..

Can I ask what you think he got wrong in this song? It appears to me he thought nationalism and religiosity are hindering peace.and have caused wars...and is not decrying his understandings, but common understandings..
Yeah, the part “no religion too” is what I was referring to. But if you interpret it as “religiosity”, then I’m with you.

I also heard a story about John Lennon mocking Bob Dylan when the latter converted to Christianity, making a song called “Serve Yourself” parodying Dylan’s song “Gotta Serve Somebody”. I thought that was narrow-minded of Lennon. I don’t know if Lennon had changed his opinion about it later on though.

BBC interview about the latest Sesame Street Muppet character that happens to fall in the autism spectrum with the people behind her "creation"/"acting".

What's sad is that Sesame Street and similar programs are being eyed by the PtBs in Washington, DC for fiscal cuts. *shakes head*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Radiolab is on, talking about the Frank Garrow, Sr. case. I highly recommend it. Ditto the previous program, Invisibilia, which talked about mental illness.

I believe they are both podcasts, too (in case anyone's interested.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Eric Burdon and The Animals 1964
"House of the Rising Sun"

First song I learned to play on guitar all the way through. All 7 chords!

Not music but a BBC broadcast about the explosion at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England just after an Ariana Grande concert. Nineteen confirmed dead and at least fifty injured (so far.) It's being investigated as a possible "terrorist attack" by police.

If it was, the person/people responsible are/were very twisted imho, especially since the majority of people at the concert were <18, many in the audience were in their early teens.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Radiolab, the episode on "Famous Tumors" ended, and Moneyplace Weekend is on. Then, again, :kitty: purrs (in stereo!) are "on" as well... :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

She's Leaving Home from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles on the anniversary of the original release (or is it the remastering/rerelease of the album? *shrug*)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

An interview show about the anniversary of the Pulse massacre (can't believe it's been a year since 49 people lost their lives to someone wanting to be famous [I wish that he had killed himself prior to killing all of the others].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back