1914 ....A significant year in bible prophecy

"Men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth" (Luke 21:25, 26)
"The fact is that today the biggest single emotion which dominates our lives is fear,
Many factors contribute to this global atmosphere of fear: violent crime, unemployment, economic instability because so many nations are hopelessly in debt, worldwide pollution of the environment, lack of strong and loving family ties, and the overwhelming feeling that mankind is in imminent danger of nuclear annihilation. and terrrism

‘Christ’s​
true followers to be objects of hatred by all nations on account of his name’ (Matt. 24:9)

This persecution is not because of political meddling but ‘on account of the name of Jesus Christ,’ because his followers adhere to him as Jehovah’s Messianic King, because of their obeying Christ ahead of any earthly ruler, because of their loyally adhering to his Kingdom and not becoming involved in the affairs of human governments. As modern-day history testifies, that has been the experience of Jehovah’s Witnesses in all parts of the earth.

‘This​
good news of the kingdom preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness’ (Matt. 24:14)

The message that would be preached is that God’s Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ has begun to rule in the heavens, that soon it will put an end to the entire wicked system of things, that under its rule mankind will be brought to perfection and earth will become a paradise. That good news is being preached today in many many lands and island groups, to the most distant parts of the earth. Jehovah’s Witnesses devote hundreds of millions of hours to this activity each year, making repeated house-to-house visits so that everyone possible is given the opportunity to hear ...yes its all happening

To​
what do all these events of "the last days" point?

Luke 21:31, 32: "When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near [that is, the time when it will destroy the present wicked world and itself take full charge of earth’s affairs]. Truly I say to you, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur.
The time remaining must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case.
The year 1914 is marked by Bible prophecy.
The correctness of the date is shown by the fact that world conditions foretold to mark this time period have come to pass since 1914 exactly as foretold
Looking back from the vantage point of the present we see clearly today that the outbreak of World War I ushered in a twentieth-century ‘Time of Troubles

When​
will the end of this wicked world come?

Jesus answered: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." However, he also stated: "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."—Matt. 24:36, 34. yes this faithless and crooked generation of people will still be here when he steps into the affairs of man .​
Also, after telling of events that would follow the establishment of the Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ in 1914, Revelation 12:12 adds: "Be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time yes its all happening since 1914

wil said:
this is where I lose it. 93% what kind of hyperbole is that, come on anytime we exagerate to that kind of extreme it just tosses out any argument. Continuous state of upheavel since?? We are talking a hundred years... in which much of it has been relatively peaceful...compared to the give and take of the Roman, English and Ottaman Empires...and the crusades..
i think you must be joking:) i only have to watch the news on the telly to see the wars that are happening some where in the world ,real peace is when there is no more war anywhere ,just because there may be no war where we live does not mean war is not going on som ewhere . Also are you saying that 93% of nations and kingdoms involved in war in 1914 is not nation against nation .......... i would say it most certainly is just that.

I think it's interesting that Jehovah's Witnesses look at the last hundred years and see things getting worse, whereas other faith groups look at the last one hundred some years and see peace emerging...

How does one quantitate whether the world is growing more peaceful or less so?

lunamoth

lunamoth said:
I think it's interesting that Jehovah's Witnesses look at the last hundred years and see things getting worse, whereas other faith groups look at the last one hundred some years and see peace emerging...

lunamoth
thats interesting ,maybe they are not seeing or looking at the bible and its signs that Jesus left us,i think people become used to bad things , children are born into it , they have never known any thing else but speak to any elderly person and they all say it is much worse now than it used to be regarding the attitudes of people,
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away 2 timothy 3;1-5

mee said:
thats interesting ,maybe they are not seeing or looking at the bible and its signs that Jesus left us,i think people become used to bad things , children are born into it , they have never known any thing else but speak to any elderly person and they all say it is much worse now than it used to be regarding the attitudes of people,
But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away 2 timothy 3;1-5

It is also interesting that Revelations points out an evangelisation like no other in history, prior to the tribulations. That hasn't happened yet either.

v/r

Q

mee said:

Now it came to be the day when the sons of the [true] God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and even Satan proceeded to enter right among them.​
Then Jehovah said to Satan: "Where do you come from?" At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: "From roving about in the earth and from walking about in it. Job 1;6-7 it is what the bible says that is correct. and the bible tells me that satan was able to come and go at one time , yes even though satan was a rebel roving around on the earth doing what he pleased , he still came back to the heavens at one time , as the bible tells us, but not any more, only faithful angels are working with Jehovahs purpose. satan is cast out now ............ the bible is always correct .
the way you are presenting it, you make it sound like satan has beach front property in heaven and can come and go as he wishes, and it is just not so. evil and unrighteousness cannot share the same dominion as god. for an instance god permits it for a reason, and not the other way around. as in job to show that jobs soul belongs to god, or when angels and demons fight there place in heaven is no more, in either case, they are there but an instance and god is done with them. you proved nothing about your 1914, and it is not relevant here.

lunamoth said:

lunamoth

Depends on how you view the world. If you are standing on the 'watchtower' looking for damning evidence of apocalyptic revelation, then everything is getting worse in anticipation of bible prophecy fulfillment. Not to say that the ideas that Mee is presenting are way off - he's right on, I think. I also think that the ideas of the JWs are not different than when I was attending the kingdom hall on a regular basis. It's hard to relate to what is being talked about if you don't see God and Jesus as the Disciplinarians of the Universe.

Not to make fun, mee. Sure, you present really good evidence and the bible backs up what you are saying. But I see those same words differently. The world wars, to me, are proof that the world is spreading out and moving closer together in which many differing cultures are becoming aware of one another. Though strange, the consequence of war is a form of integration. Not that I support war, but peace is usually a result. And whole communities have been dying from viruses and the such since the beginning of time. As more people are in the area, more people are affected. Because we have easier and faster access to different places, diseases are spreading to other places. Great earthquakes, beit in the form of tsunamies, erupting volcanos, or the ground breaking apart, has always been a natural function of the earth so that we can continue in the cycle of life. I think this is God's gift, not Satan's manifestation of being cast out of heaven. But I appreciate JWs (my, haven't I come a long way?) because the ideology definately keeps folks on their toes. While I think that JWs have a good point with staying AWAKE! and keeping 'watch' on bible prophecy, I think the points need to be refined. But with what mee is talking about, it awakens those are asleep to bible prophecy, which I believe is being fulfilled whether it is by God's or man's construct.

Quahom1 said:
It is also interesting that Revelations points out an evangelisation like no other in history, prior to the tribulations. That hasn't happened yet either.

v/r

Q
i see it very clear, its happening all over the world, the signs are all around us
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 and its for a witness.

BlaznFattyz said:
the way you are presenting it, you make it sound like satan has beach front property in heaven and can come and go as he wishes, and it is just not so. evil and unrighteousness cannot share the same dominion as god. for an instance god permits it for a reason, and not the other way around. as in job to show that jobs soul belongs to god, or when angels and demons fight there place in heaven is no more, in either case, they are there but an instance and god is done with them. you proved nothing about your 1914, and it is not relevant here.
at the momment satan has beach front property down on the earth
We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one 1 john 5;19
If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god (satan)of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through 2 corinthians 4;4

mee said:
thats interesting ,maybe they are not seeing or looking at the bible and its signs that Jesus left us,i think people become used to bad things , children are born into it , they have never known any thing else but speak to any elderly person and they all say it is much worse now than it used to be regarding the attitudes of people

True, but a lot of things are different. I think it begins as a political issue. People are forced to work on somebody else's time or they won't eat. The rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer because people can't even grow food and use it for trade unless they pay the government in money they may not have. People are becoming dehumanised because there is an imbalance of work and leisure, resulting in increased bitterness for something they have no control over, so they display bitterness where they have control because they can display it where they have no control.

Quahom1 said:

v/r

Q

Maybe.

mee said:
i see it very clear, its happening all over the world, the signs are all around us
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14 and its for a witness.

I agree 100%.

mee said:
at the moment Satan has beach front property down on earth

HA!:p

truthseeker said:
True, but a lot of things are different. I think it begins as a political issue. People are forced to work on somebody else's time or they won't eat. The rich is getting richer and the poor is getting poorer because people can't even grow food and use it for trade unless they pay the government in money they may not have. People are becoming dehumanised because there is an imbalance of work and leisure, resulting in increased bitterness for something they have no control over, so they display bitterness where they have control because they can display it where they have no control.
regardless of the reasons why, it does not change the fact that the bible foretold many things would be happening at this point in time, its all happening as the bible tells us it would . the signs are all here.

truthseeker said:

Are we concerned with seed fallen on bare ground, or seed fallen into deep and fertile soil? Like I said, it hasn't happened yet.

v/r

Q

mee said:
mee said:
the good news, which is jesus christ's salvation, has been preached for some time, and there is no telling how much longer it will continue. for all we know it can be 500 more years from now, and we will be long gone. i do get a sense that jw's are trying to prophesy on a date here of the end of time, especially when you factor in their "fuzzy-jw-end-of-times-jesus-is-only-king-since-1914-calculator". why the feel a need to come up with prophecies that dont pan out, is really beyond me. it is something bad i feel that they bring on themselves. because when you say things are going to happen and they dont, then it puts one in the category of false prophet. it only takes a google search to see all the events jw's said would happen that didnt, i wont post them here.

my belief is the church will be taken up with christ; however, that is not the end, but a series of events that must happen before the tribulation. the two witnesses that come back during the tribulation and spread the good news which is jesus christs salvation, is a precursor to the end, because that is the last call.

BlaznFattyz said:
the good news, which is jesus christ's salvation, has been preached for some time, and there is no telling how much longer it will continue. for all we know it can be 500 more years from now, and we will be long gone. i do get a sense that jw's are trying to prophesy on a date here of the end of time, especially when you factor in their "fuzzy-jw-end-of-times-jesus-is-only-king-since-1914-calculator". why the feel a need to come up with prophecies that dont pan out, is really beyond me. it is something bad i feel that they bring on themselves. because when you say things are going to happen and they dont, then it puts one in the category of false prophet. it only takes a google search to see all the events jw's said would happen that didnt, i wont post them here.

my belief is the church will be taken up with christ; however, that is not the end, but a series of events that must happen before the tribulation. the two witnesses that come back during the tribulation and spread the good news which is jesus christs salvation, is a precursor to the end, because that is the last call.
the 2 witnesses happened ages ago , if this is the scripture you are refering to in revelation 11;11,12 the 2 witnesses in the symbolic book of revelation , have been restored to life and they are very vibrant, yes the preaching work was put out of action for awhile , but they had Gods spirit to help them get back and restored . yes no amount of persecution can stop Jehovahs 2 witnesses In fact after being revived no one can touch them again , because they are in an elevated spiritual state its all happening in the time of the end for Gods people

mee said:
the 2 witnesses happened ages ago , if this is the scripture you are refering to in revelation 11;11,12 the 2 witnesses in the symbolic book of revelation , have been restored to life and they are very vibrant, yes the preaching work was put out of action for awhile , but they had Gods spirit to help them get back and restored . yes no amount of persecution can stop Jehovahs 2 witnesses In fact after being revived no one can touch them again , because they are in an elevated spiritual state its all happening in the time of the end for Gods people
i dont believe that hasnt happened yet. the witnesses come back during tribulation and fight the antichrist and then resurrect in 3 days back to heaven. this antichrist - satan coming down and taking a human form and deceiving the alot of the world with supernatural signs, is during the tribulation, which has not come about yet. thats is my belief.

Back