What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

[QUOTE="StevePame]
I told myself to not get excited, after the debacle of the prequels, but these trailers have me hopeful.[/QUOTE]

i've enjoyed the trailers a lot and there's a lot of expectation so i suspect i'll have a mixed reaction to the film though i'm going to try to have a positive mind when i go see it.

metta,

~v

Just got back from watching a little-known film titled Casablanca. Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Raines, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre, several other rather unknown actors...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Dark Shadows starring Brad Pitt, which I walked out of (to save both my sanity and my community interaction privileges.) I felt the movie tried too hard to be a dark comedy and it hit the ball out of the park... behind the batter (to use a baseball metaphor.) On top of that, two of the neighbors were just begging to have their heads be used in an impromptu 1812 Overture performance (or a literal headbanger music concert.) >.<

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I just watched the second series of Daredevil on Netflix. Great for any (almost) vigilante lovers.
I heard that Elektra makes an appearance. Does she contribute something beneficial to the series?

I heard that Elektra makes an appearance. Does she contribute something beneficial to the series?

I actually don't like her character; she seems like a confused-super-ninja-type and is somewhat amoral.
Some very good choreography in the fights. Well acted.

Just got back from You Only Die Twice (I think that was the title...) A tad disappointing, but what should one expect from a "flag-waving" flick from the Bush, Sr. era... Might go on YouTube to watch something a tad more reasonable imho in the :kitty: videos (maybe even re-watch Chii's adventures. :oops:)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thursday's movie was Van Helsing starring Hugh Jackman. Not my cup of coffee. What made it worse was that there were several neighbors talking over the dialog. :rolleyes:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

In my abode, anyone talking over a movie get their mouths taped shut. Duct tape. Good for everything.

I was tempted to get/use surgical staples, but I kept thinking about what could happen to the :kitty:s, especially if the person/people having their lips stapled end up either in the hospital or the morgue. The problem with duct tape is that it's easily removed within moments of administration, and the "talkers" wouldn't learn to keep their mouths shut during the feature.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just watched, "Hum Kissi Se Kum Nahin" last night. (roughly translate to: I'm Not Lesser Than Anyone) with Amitabh Buchchan and Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh's real life daughter-in-law. One of Bollywood's finest from 2002. No sub-titles in this one so I had a little trouble keeping up, but an enjoyable film all the same.

Back