What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

On Netflix... Neerja... Story of the hijacking of Panama 73 in 86...from Bollywood..

I recall the news stations being glued to the hours that plane spent in the tarmac...

Um, it was Pan Am 73 (I apologize for correcting you here; have a :kitty: or two..) I was looking up that particular incident (curiosity, y'ken...) :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Came home from The Red Turtle roughly three hours ago. Not sure if it's anime or western animation but I recommend it if/when it comes out on dvd/Blu-ray (no need speak another language.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just watched, "Attack of the Puppet People" a 1958 classic, starring John Hoyte as a lonely, deranged puppet-master, Mr. Franz. To combat loneliness, he designs a machine that can shrink people down to 1/6th scale. He does this to anyone that tries to leave him. Then proceeds to play with them as if they were dolls. Great special effects for the time. Being a doll aficionado myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fire (1996)

Deepak Mehta both wrote and directed the movie about an Indian family that ends up shattered due to the young bride of the younger brother (it was shown in my Queer Migrations class.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A dubbed version of My Neighbor Totoro by Hayao Miyazaki, originally shown in 1988. I highly recommend it.

One thing that I wish was real from the movie is nekobusu. One has to watch the movie to understand, trust me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
The newest remake of Godzilla, from a few years back. I wasn't impressed.

The Judge, Robert Duvall, Robert Downey jr. I thought it was pretty good, and with the cast I expected it better be. Some issues close to home for me. I will add the actor portraying the younger brother (Jeremy Strong) with mental handicap did an outstanding job.

The Great Buck Henry starring John Malkovich as Buck Henry.

I had to leave because it was about as entertaining as watching paint dry. I apologize to those of you who enjoyed it, but I couldn't stand it. I'm going to watch a walkthrough of the DLC Episode Prompto of the Final Fantasy XV franchise to get the other movie out of my head.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Walkabout 1971

I love this old film. It's about a teenage girl and her young brother who get stranded in the Outback. They meet up with a teenage Aboriginal boy on walkabout who helps them survive in a harsh environment. Quite sad in the end, but a great film all the same with some stellar views of the Australian landscape.

Back