Can a Christian kill?

mee said:

Can we imagine the apostles, or Jesus, preaching the superior law of love and at the same time carrying on their activity armed with swords and lances?​
The only reported occasion when Jesus’ followers had weapons was before receiving the holy spirit at Pentecost. This was on the Mount of Olives. Why did they have weapons here? Because Jesus had told them to! (Luke 22:36-38) Why? So Jesus could demonstrate powerfully that, had he desired to resort to carnal weapons for self-defense, he could have. But he did not! Rather, he reprimanded the one who used his weapon, saying: "All those who take the sword will perish by the sword." (Matt. 26:51, 52) so, among other things, Jesus showed he would not seek protection by means of such deadly weapons. It is as Paul later said: "The weapons of our warfare are not fleshly."—2 Cor. 10:4.

You seem to forget. Revelation makes it quite clear that the next time Jesus comes around, He won't be coming as a "lamb". He will be fully armored, and resolved to put down those who would oppose Him. He will be 'leading' the army of heaven, against the army of man, and I don't think He intends to give quarter, to anyone who opposes Him. Indeed, as I read it, there will be nothing left of man's armies but food for carrian...all within a single day.

You also forget the Angel of death, that carries the mighty double edged sword, and who can stand against him...

Our "peaceful" God, is coming to bring hell on earth, because He will have had it with the arrogant defiant fools inhabiting this place.

In the cryptic words of General Yamamoto, "I fear we have awoken the sleeping Giant..."

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
You seem to forget. Revelation makes it quite clear that the next time Jesus comes around, He won't be coming as a "lamb". He will be fully armored, and resolved to put down those who would oppose Him. He will be 'leading' the army of heaven, against the army of man, and I don't think He intends to give quarter, to anyone who opposes Him. Indeed, as I read it, there will be nothing left of man's armies but food for carrian...all within a single day.

You also forget the Angel of death, that carries the mighty double edged sword, and who can stand against him...

Our "peaceful" God, is coming to bring hell on earth, because He will have had it with the arrogant defiant fools inhabiting this place.

In the cryptic words of General Yamamoto, "I fear we have awoken the sleeping Giant..."

v/r

Q
but of cause Jesus will never come in the flesh to the earth again ,
as Jehovah’s Executioner at Armageddon, our Warrior-King, the enthroned Jesus, will "complete his conquest." (Revelation 6:2) That day of Jehovah, when he executes vengeance, will come as a grand finale to the conclusion of the system of things that has marked the day of the Lord Jesus from 1914 onward.
WHEN the Warrior-King Jesus Christ removes Satan and his unrighteous world, what cause for rejoicing there will be! The peaceful Thousand Year Reign of Jesus begins at last!
Think of it! Under Jesus’ loving attention, the entire human family—Armageddon survivors, their offspring, and the thousands of millions of resurrected dead who obey him—will grow toward human perfection. Jehovah, by means of his royal Son, Jesus Christ, will reside spiritually with humankind. "And," as the voice John heard from heaven says, "he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore." No person on earth will suffer or be sick.

mee said:
but of cause Jesus will never come in the flesh to the earth again ,
as Jehovah’s Executioner at Armageddon, our Warrior-King, the enthroned Jesus, will "complete his conquest." (Revelation 6:2) That day of Jehovah, when he executes vengeance, will come as a grand finale to the conclusion of the system of things that has marked the day of the Lord Jesus from 1914 onward.
WHEN the Warrior-King Jesus Christ removes Satan and his unrighteous world, what cause for rejoicing there will be! The peaceful Thousand Year Reign of Jesus begins at last!
Think of it! Under Jesus’ loving attention, the entire human family—Armageddon survivors, their offspring, and the thousands of millions of resurrected dead who obey him—will grow toward human perfection. Jehovah, by means of his royal Son, Jesus Christ, will reside spiritually with humankind. "And," as the voice John heard from heaven says, "he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore." No person on earth will suffer or be sick.

Not what the Bible says. It says, He comes in the flesh, and He is ticked off...in fact He is mounted, armed and leading a very physical army.

Quahom1 said:
Not what the Bible says. It says, He comes in the flesh, and He is ticked off...in fact He is mounted, armed and leading a very physical army.
where does the bible say he will come in the flesh?
A little longer and the world will behold me no more." (John 14:19) The "world" refers to humankind. So Jesus here plainly said that people on earth would not see him again after his ascension to heaven. The apostle Paul wrote: "Even if we have known Christ according to the flesh, certainly we now know him so no more."—2 Corinthians 5:16.​
Yet many persons believe that Christ will return in the same human body in which he was put to death, and that all those living on earth will see him. The Bible, however, says that Christ returns in glory with all the angels, and that he sits "down on his glorious throne." (Matthew 25:31) If Jesus were to come and sit as a man on an earthly throne, he would be lower in station than the angels. But he comes as the mightiest and most glorious of all these spirit sons of God and is therefore invisible, just as they are.—Philippians 2:8-11.

christ resurrected with both spirit and body. he is the first born glorified in this manner. his glory will be seen again coming in the clouds.

apathy towards your brother, your fellow man, can be the opposite of love, more than hate.

BlaznFattyz said:
christ resurrected with both spirit and body. he is the first born glorified in this manner. his glory will be seen again coming in the clouds.

apathy towards your brother, your fellow man, can be the opposite of love, more than hate.
clouds hide things from our view, but every eye will see ,in that the eye of understanding is what it is all about .

mee said:
A little longer and the world will behold me no more." (John 14:19) The "world" refers to humankind. So Jesus here plainly said that people on earth would not see him again after his ascension to heaven. The apostle Paul wrote: "Even if we have known Christ according to the flesh, certainly we now know him so no more."—2 Corinthians 5:16.​
Yet many persons believe that Christ will return in the same human body in which he was put to death, and that all those living on earth will see him. The Bible, however, says that Christ returns in glory with all the angels, and that he sits "down on his glorious throne." (Matthew 25:31) If Jesus were to come and sit as a man on an earthly throne, he would be lower in station than the angels. But he comes as the mightiest and most glorious of all these spirit sons of God and is therefore invisible, just as they are.—Philippians 2:8-11.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Zec 14 and Rev 19 2 main chapters that deal with 2nd coming.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This is talking about the rapture of the church. 1Thes 4 and 1Cor 15 2 main chapters that deal with Rapture of the church.

Dor said:
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Zec 14 and Rev 19 2 main chapters that deal with 2nd coming.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This is talking about the rapture of the church. 1Thes 4 and 1Cor 15 2 main chapters that deal with Rapture of the church.

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. Galations 4;26 yes its all happening in the heavens .
(Revelation 12:1) And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, ............. this symbolic woman has given birth to Gods heavenly kingdom goverment in 1914 and the resurrection of those who are going to rule with Jesus in heaven started shortly afterwards , but the resurrection is invisible to us on the earth . yes its all happened already.

mee said:
clouds hide things from our view, but every eye will see ,in that the eye of understanding is what it is all about .
This is the announcement that Christ has revealed about his second coming which will be with great authority and heavenly glory. Those that do not believe the word of God, will believe that Christ is invisibly here already, and believe a false christ who appears from among us performing miracles and creating peace.

BlaznFattyz said:
This is the announcement that Christ has revealed about his second coming which will be with great authority and heavenly glory. Those that do not believe the word of God, will believe that Christ is invisibly here already, and believe a false christ who appears from among us performing miracles and creating peace.
yes the eye of understanding ........... every eye will see and those who do believe the word of God will have already put themselves on the side of Gods king Jesus christ, they will have recognized that Jesus is a reigning king in the heavenly kingdom goverment , just as the bible tells them Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14 but there will be some that can see and understand it ,but have not put them selves on the side of this king, they are not waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Jesus as king. revelation 7;9-10 those who do not welcome Gods king are the anti-christ.

mee said:

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. Galations 4;26 yes its all happening in the heavens .
(Revelation 12:1) And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, ............. this symbolic woman has given birth to Gods heavenly kingdom goverment in 1914 and the resurrection of those who are going to rule with Jesus in heaven started shortly afterwards , but the resurrection is invisible to us on the earth . yes its all happened already.

Sorry I have to clarify here Mee. Are you trying to say that Christ is never coming back to this little place we call Earth?

Dor said:
Sorry I have to clarify here Mee. Are you trying to say that Christ is never coming back to this little place we call Earth?
he will never come in the flesh as a man like he did before, he is a reigning king in the heavens , but he is even now directing his followers on the earth, but there will come a time when every eye will see with the eye of understanding
Jesus ‘comes’ by turning his attention to the executing of Jehovah’s judgments on the nations. This will result in momentous changes on earth, and since "all the tribes of the earth" have ignored the reality of Jesus’ kingship, they will indeed experience "the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty."—Revelation 19:11-21; Psalm 2:2, 3, 8, 9.

mee said:
he will never come in the flesh as a man like he did before, he is a reigning king in the heavens , but he is even now directing his followers on the earth, but there will come a time when every eye will see with the eye of understanding
Jesus ‘comes’ by turning his attention to the executing of Jehovah’s judgments on the nations. This will result in momentous changes on earth, and since "all the tribes of the earth" have ignored the reality of Jesus’ kingship, they will indeed experience "the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty."—Revelation 19:11-21; Psalm 2:2, 3, 8, 9.
Ok well we will agree to disagree on this I guess cause my bible definately teaches that he comes back to this earth and reign for 1000 yrs.

Dor said:
Ok well we will agree to disagree on this I guess cause my bible definately teaches that he comes back to this earth and reign for 1000 yrs.

“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:11 NIV)
I believe the Bible teaches a literal physical return of Jesus Christ.

This is an event eagerly awaited by Christians for a long long time, but it seems to me that we must be getting quite close considering the threat of nuclear war, global warming, the nation of Israel ... just to mention a few signs.

kenod said:
“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:11 NIV)

I believe the Bible teaches a literal physical return of Jesus Christ.

This is an event eagerly awaited by Christians for a long long time, but it seems to me that we must be getting quite close considering the threat of nuclear war, global warming, the nation of Israel ... just to mention a few signs.

So, one will hold their breath? eh? Waiting to exhale? No, mate. God specifically stated "no one knows the day, hour or moment", (which means keep on keeping on). Each man is given a day. Bless the day, make the best of it, and thank God for the day at the end of it.

I taught my son a lesson in driving (the hard way). I think it is appropriate here...

He had a pentiant for looking at his buddies and the young ladies, while we were supposed to be learning to drive. So, I grabbed the wheel, stepped on the gas (over his foot), and "He" ran over the curb (much to his embarassment).

I told him, "keep your eyes on the road. That is where you are, not where you want to be"...

what do ya think? ;)

mee said:

Check Revelations...

mee said:

According to John in Revelation, Christ comes physically on a white horse, fully armored, out of the clouds with eyes ablaze, and He is taking no prisoners...and He is accompanied by a whole lot of warriors on His flanks...really mee, you need to read your bible more...:rolleyes:

Quahom1 said:
So, one will hold their breath? eh? Waiting to exhale? No, mate. God specifically stated "no one knows the day, hour or moment", (which means keep on keeping on). Each man is given a day. Bless the day, make the best of it, and thank God for the day at the end of it.

I taught my son a lesson in driving (the hard way). I think it is appropriate here...

He had a pentiant for looking at his buddies and the young ladies, while we were supposed to be learning to drive. So, I grabbed the wheel, stepped on the gas (over his foot), and "He" ran over the curb (much to his embarassment).

I told him, "keep your eyes on the road. That is where you are, not where you want to be"...

what do ya think? ;)

Don't hold your breath, Q ... you'd probably explode!

My prediction is that Jesus Christ will return during this century, probably the first half.

Nuclear proliferation is going to be impossible to prevent and control, and I haven't seen Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" yet, but from the little I've heard it contains some dire warnings. These are global threats never faced by the world before.

While visiting a Catholic friend of mine, I noticed in his Bible a comment about the fig tree Jesus cursed as being a prophecy of the destruction of Israel in 70 AD. If this is so, I wonder what the budding of the fig tree in Matthew 24:34-32 refers to? If this is in fact the restoration of Israel, I wonder what "this generation shall not pass" means?

What does this mean for those who do see the imminent return of Jesus Christ ... I think they should go right on building and planting, marrying and multiplying.

btw, were you more surprised that I have Catholic friends, or that I have Bible reading Catholic friends ;)

kenod said:
Don't hold your breath, Q ... you'd probably explode!

My prediction is that Jesus Christ will return during this century, probably the first half.

Nuclear proliferation is going to be impossible to prevent and control, and I haven't seen Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" yet, but from the little I've heard it contains some dire warnings. These are global threats never faced by the world before.

While visiting a Catholic friend of mine, I noticed in his Bible a comment about the fig tree Jesus cursed as being a prophecy of the destruction of Israel in 70 AD. If this is so, I wonder what the budding of the fig tree in Matthew 24:34-32 refers to? If this is in fact the restoration of Israel, I wonder what "this generation shall not pass" means?

What does this mean for those who do see the imminent return of Jesus Christ ... I think they should go right on building and planting, marrying and multiplying.

btw, were you more surprised that I have Catholic friends, or that I have Bible reading Catholic friends ;)

That's just it. I'm more concerned about driving the road, than when I'm gonna get to the end of it. :)

Who knows when Christ returns? Got to deal with what is now in the mean time. We are given a 24 hour day. that is enough for each person to handle and make the best of...that was my point. No, I'm not holding my breath either...

Al Gore should be a warning to you...btw He doesn't give a damn about you, the environment, nor people in general...Jimmy Carter would be your better bet...

Quahom1 said:
That's just it. I'm more concerned about driving the road, than when I'm gonna get to the end of it. :)

Who knows when Christ returns? Got to deal with what is now in the mean time. We are given a 24 hour day. that is enough for each person to handle and make the best of...that was my point. No, I'm not holding my breath either...

Al Gore should be a warning to you...btw He doesn't give a damn about you, the environment, nor people in general...Jimmy Carter would be your better bet...

I'm with you on focusing on the journey, not the destination. And yet, why is there so much written in the Bible about the return of Jesus Christ if we are meant to ignore it all?

Actually, I listen more to Bob Brown, the Leader of our Green Party, than either Gore or Carter. I really like and admire him .. and here's another shocker, he is openly gay :eek:

Back