Can a Christian kill?

Get into a prediacament of life and death, and see how you react. As for me I value my life over another in a life and death situation, as well as with one of my close loved ones. If my life is spared I can go on winning people to the lord. Their lives and my reward in heaven is more important. Love covers a multitude of sins, so if you were to kill someone for attacking your say betrothed, I think it could be forgiven. It is also easy to battle it in a court of law. Now, if you gave your life to save that person, what better thing to do to lay down your life for a friend or loved one(s). Still, you would really never know what you beleive you would do until confronted with an actual situation where you took anothers life. By the way, any sin, or anything that you have done in your life can be forgiven by God, through the salvation that comes from Jesus Christ.

Quahom1 said:
According to John in Revelation, Christ comes physically on a white horse, fully armored, out of the clouds with eyes ablaze, and He is taking no prisoners...and He is accompanied by a whole lot of warriors on His flanks...really mee, you need to read your bible more...:rolleyes:
yes ,the bible book of revelation is for the most part presented in signs and symbols, Jesus on a white horse being just one of those signs and symbols , horses can symbolise war ,
a Biblical symbol of warfare. (Proverbs 21:31)
and Jesus riding a white one symbolizes righteoues warware and he also is wearing a crown which symbolizes kingship . yes Jesus has been riding this symbolic white horse since 1914 when he was made king of Gods kingdom, and he is a warrior king and the ride goes on , his first victory was ousting satan from the heavens yes he is riding amidst his enemies.
concerning Jesus, the psalmist David wrote: "The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: ‘Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.’"—Psalm 110:2 yes,
Christ ‘completes his conquest’ by destroying every vestige of Satan’s visible organization.—Matthew 24:8.
"By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day."—REVELATION 1:10. yes the Lords day was when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment in 1914, and the warrior king rides on.
And it will continue right through to the end of the Thousand Year Reign, when Christ will ‘hand over the kingdom to his God and Father.’ (1 Corinthians 15:24) yes the book of revelation is a most thrilling book full of symbolisim and signs

mee said:
yes ,the bible book of revelation is for the most part presented in signs and symbols, Jesus on a white horse being just one of those signs and symbols , horses can symbolise war ,
a Biblical symbol of warfare. (Proverbs 21:31)
and Jesus riding a white one symbolizes righteoues warware and he also is wearing a crown which symbolizes kingship . yes Jesus has been riding this symbolic white horse since 1914 when he was made king of Gods kingdom, and he is a warrior king and the ride goes on , his first victory was ousting satan from the heavens yes he is riding amidst his enemies.
concerning Jesus, the psalmist David wrote: "The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: ‘Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.’"—Psalm 110:2 yes,
Christ ‘completes his conquest’ by destroying every vestige of Satan’s visible organization.—Matthew 24:8.
"By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day."—REVELATION 1:10. yes the Lords day was when Jesus was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment in 1914, and the warrior king rides on.
And it will continue right through to the end of the Thousand Year Reign, when Christ will ‘hand over the kingdom to his God and Father.’ (1 Corinthians 15:24) yes the book of revelation is a most thrilling book full of symbolisim and signs

Gee mee, with all these symbols and visions and such, life must simply be but a dream...sha boom sha boom. :eek:

Quahom1 said:
Gee mee, with all these symbols and visions and such, life must simply be but a dream...sha boom sha boom. :eek:
yes these visions that John saw must have been amazing to him.
A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, revelation 1;1

The commandment is "thou shall not murder." A killing can be justified but a murder cannot be justified. According to Jesus though, in Mat. 5:21-22, anyone who hates his brother is liken to a murder. Wow, God is so holy, holy, holy! We're but small and wicked and dirty and putrefying sinners, who brake God's Laws so flippidly and and enjoy sin's pleasures and hate God (pior to Him chaning us to make us love Him) and shake our puny little fist at Him and curse and blasphem His name and curse Him when a tradegy happens and almost never thanks Him for years and years of wrath withheld and on and on with the sins and doubt and hate. Why did Jesus die for us agian?

Terrence said:
The commandment is "thou shall not murder." A killing can be justified but a murder cannot be justified. According to Jesus though, in Mat. 5:21-22, anyone who hates his brother is liken to a murder. Wow, God is so holy, holy, holy! We're but small and wicked and dirty and putrefying sinners, who brake God's Laws so flippidly and and enjoy sin's pleasures and hate God (pior to Him chaning us to make us love Him) and shake our puny little fist at Him and curse and blasphem His name and curse Him when a tradegy happens and almost never thanks Him for years and years of wrath withheld and on and on with the sins and doubt and hate. Why did Jesus die for us agian?

Easy there Terrence, we're fallible humans...that is sufficient to sum us up. We also obviously enjoy a "soft spot" in God's heart, else we wouldn't be having this dialogue...:eek: As they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", and apparently God "beholds" us with some kind of "beauty". (don't ask me why, 'cause I don't know).

v/r

Q

Hey bro or sis (not sure, sorry), I didnt say anything wrong or contrary to scripture.

Terrence said:
Hey bro or sis (not sure, sorry), I didnt say anything wrong or contrary to scripture.

Didn't say you did. Suggested you go easy on the "human dung heap that we all are" part...I think we are quite aware of our individual shortcomings, and do not need emphasis added.

v/r

Q

in being humble let god exhalt us, but lets not induce depression, god does let the rain fall on all of us.

BlaznFattyz said:
in being humble let god exhalt us, but lets not induce depression, god does let the rain fall on all of us.

harder on some than others...:eek:

But it is deemed acceptable for your "god" to kill however... Really leading by example... Do as I say not as I do.... Nice.

We can never do as God does - He's God! :cool:

God kills millions of people everyday through His agency of time, but that doesn't mean we should all follow suit.

... Neemai ;)

Back