Daily Wisdom Saying

THE ANCIENTS when looking heavenwards would picture the starry mass above, connected as it were by a frame of infinite threads; each orb held in suspension, woven by the actions of another.

Planets, stars, moons and smaller comets- interdependent with orbits and individual space defined within the network maze, held within. Like the egg, with the yolk in albumen, we are held in suspension - and it is absolute illusion to perceive or believe otherwise.

Rarely do people fix their eyes on the stars today. If they come to acknowledge them it is with the perception of tiny individual points of light, dispersed far away. Our eyes are simply not powerful enough to appreciate the splendor of these heavenly bodies, nor their connecting paths and beams that blaze trails from one to another, to another - and so it goes.
Such it is with the concept of Brotherhood.

-the Elder Brothers

How can we look understandingly into somebody's being? We should not
condemn but understand the criminal's personality, understand the
criminal and the saint equally well. Empathy for each and everyone is
required and this is what is meant with higher, occult "listening."

Thus, if a person brings himself with strict self-control to the
point of not evaluating his fellowman, or the rest of the world for
that matter, according to his personal judgment, opinion and
prejudice and instead lets both work on him in silence, he has the
chance to gain occult powers. Every moment during which a person
becomes determined to refrain from thinking an evil thought about his
fellowman is a moment gained.

-Rudolf Steiner

“There is what is, and there is what is not. It is not easy to confirm that what is not, is not. This is a statement. Yet I do not know whether my statements affirm what is, or affirm what is not.”

-Chuang Tzu.

s.

“So you should view all of the fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in the stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud;
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.”

-from “The Diamond Sutra.”

s.

"its not until you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything"

brad pitt as tyler durgan in the film "fight club"

“Buddhism is not a monolithic entity. It is rather a tradition from which people who consider themselves Buddhists draw inspiration and to which they add as they respond to the problems of their lives, sometimes reformulating the doctrine in new ways to make it more relevant, sometimes returning to earlier principles when they seem to be timely or in danger of becoming lost. The tradition is thus a history of what Buddhists think and do.”

-Mu Soeng.

"the enemy is not the other, the enemy is within you" j krishnamurti.

Whenever a feeling of aversion comes into the heart of a good soul,
it's not without significance.
Consider that intuitive wisdom to be a Divine attribute,
not a vain suspicion:
the light of the heart has apprehended
intuitively from the Universal Tablet.
- Rumi

When one advocates Buddhism, one has already transgressed the Buddhist teachings, because the doctrine of Buddhism is a doctrine that leaves behind the attachment to ‘I.’

-Mangong Wolmyeon.

s.

"Flowers, while loved, fall;
Weeds, while hated, flourish."

- Dogen.

s.

“The bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara, while in the course of looking deeply, perceived that everything is empty of a separate existence. Upon that realisation he became free of all affliction.”

-from “The Heart Sutra.”

s.

Good ones! Hadn't looked at this thread in a while.

"Life began for me when I ceased to admire and began to remember."

--Willa Cather

"Act with the authority of your 16 billion years."

--Joanna Macy

"Act with the authority of your 16 billion years."

--Joanna Macy

WHOOSH PATHLESS!!!

Just bought "Mutual Causality in Buddhism and General Systems Theory: The Dharma of Natural Systems" (don't that title just trip off the tongue?)

Not heard of her before, can't even remember how I came across this one. Anything you want to tell me?

s.

WHOOSH PATHLESS!!!

Just bought "Mutual Causality in Buddhism and General Systems Theory: The Dharma of Natural Systems" (don't that title just trip off the tongue?)

Not heard of her before, can't even remember how I came across this one. Anything you want to tell me?

s.

Hey Snoops, I don't know too much about her. What I do know is that she has a book entitled, World as Lover; World as Self. The title in itself teaches! Fricken Rad!! I think that she may be a professor of something-or-other somewhere; probably highly intellectual as well as spiritual. Formidable. ;) :)

I need to read her myself. I got the quote from Mary Pipher's Writing to Change the World. If you haven't already, check out JoannaMacy.net - Welcome to All Beings

Hey Snoops, I don't know too much about her. What I do know is that she has a book entitled, World as Lover; World as Self. The title in itself teaches! Fricken Rad!! I think that she may be a professor of something-or-other somewhere; probably highly intellectual as well as spiritual. Formidable. ;) :)

I need to read her myself. I got the quote from Mary Pipher's Writing to Change the World. If you haven't already, check out JoannaMacy.net - Welcome to All Beings

Thanks :). I'll have a look at her website and also this other dude you refer to that I've not heard of; Fricken Rad. A Scandinavian I take it?

s.

Back