Questions

And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. (Mark 10:17-18)

This scripture has nothing to do with not worshipping christ. This is a direct response to a man that was looking towards human perfection as something a man could achieve and heaven as something man could obtain by doing good things. In calling Christ, good master, it is the title of one would use to flatter another man in order to get an answer out of him that would be positive. however, responding back that there is no man that is good, puts the man in his place when he is looking towards humanity as a way to reach god, and not towards a loving spiritual relationship with god to reach god. had he known that this "good master" was jesus christ, he would most likely would have called him Lord, Christ Jesus, or messiah, and not been so smug. also those that are revealed that jesus is lord do it because christ has been revealed by god to them and that is a personal proclamation within ones heart to accept jesus as their personal saviour. and the truth is christ is good, because what the father does, christ does, and he that honors the son, honors the father--not for personal gain but for the glory of god. it is not by good works alone that we find ourselves in the good light of god but by loving god and all his creations thereby wanting to keep all his commandments not out of consequence, but out of love. for all fall short of the glory of god, but his by his grace that we are saved.

BlaznFattyz said:
had he known that this "good master" was jesus christ, he would most likely would have called him Lord, Christ Jesus, or messiah, and not been so smug. also those that are revealed that jesus is lord do it because christ has been revealed by god to them and that is a personal proclamation within ones heart to accept jesus as their personal saviour. and the truth is christ is good, because what the father does, christ does, and he that honors the son, honors the father--not for personal gain but for the glory of god. it is not by good works alone that we find ourselves in the good light of god but by loving god and all his creations thereby wanting to keep all his commandments not out of consequence, but out of love. for all fall short of the glory of god, but his by his grace that we are saved.
All agreed ... yet I believe if you look at this account, it is clear that this man did recognize Jesus, perhaps not as fully as you indicate, but as a Teacher, nonetheless. And yes, he sought the Kingdom of Heaven ... though very much so as an individual, for himself - and not so much for the sake of serving others. This is how so many seek it, and so I think Christ's response is always the same. He says:
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (John 14:10)

It does help, I think, to recognize that Christ, the Son (2nd Aspect incarnate), is here pointing to ... derring to, the Father (1st Aspect). If the distinction were not important, Christ would not have pointed it out! ;) And a few verses later, the Comforter is also referenced. Three Aspects ...

taijasi

moseslmpg said:
Yeah, that's the problem. That little tidbit has fallen between the cracks even in Judaism, and there is no reason to even consider it in Christianity.

A little evidence would be appreciated.

taijasi said:
Witness:
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. (Mark 10:17-18)

You asked, you receive. :)

He wasnt saying not to worship Him.. He was declaring the Holy Goodness of the Father...Jesus taking on flesh was a man and a lesser being but He was still deserving of worship... next scripture please. :)

No, I can't. But I just don't remember him ever asking them to worship him as Jesus the man. I had always understood it as you worship God the Father, and the Son merely died for your sins...even though they are the same. It's not important anyway.

He didnt ask it because He was trying to get people to know who He was... but when people finally learned they ALL worshipped Him.. He was humble and called Himself a servant to God because like I said above.. in the flesh as man He is lesser than the Father. The Father receives worship and glory from the worship and glory of Jesus Christ.. even when He was in the flesh.

Since when does God have to manifest as a perfect being? I was under the impression that Jesus was so special because he was a perfect being, but to limit God to manifesting as one type of person is wrong, isn't it?

There are just a few things that didn't carry over from Judaism to Christianity, but they are probably still present in the Old Testament. Some of them rely on Hebrew though, so they will remain hidden to most people (assuming most people that read the Bible are not scholars of Hebrew).

God created evil along with Good.. of course He can do what He wanted to. But to insinuate that someone was God when God never said so is in violation of the 1 and 2nd commandments. Moses never declared Himself anything other than a man that screws up too much.
Are you a Scholar of Hebrew and Aramaic because I would certainly bet that the manuscripts that you have access to... men within the body of Christ have access to.. Some even study scripture as the Bereans did the shepherds that feed me are like this and Im betting that there many trips to Israel learning from Orthodox Jews are helpful in their studies. Never once have they ever suggested that Moses was a manifestation of God.. As a matter of fact if it was so.. why not announce at the transfiguration when Moses was there with Jesus and Elijah? There is only the Father Son and Spirit..

Matthew 17 has Jesus Moses Elijah the Father and the Spirit.. That says for itself I think.

Well as you people know, the Messiah is regarded differently in Judaism than in Christianity. So YHVH manifesting as Moses does not carry the same implications as Him incarnating as Jesus. There's also the notion of reincarnation present in the Old Testament I believe, if you look hard enough, and it was a pretty much standard belief back in Jesus' time apparently.

What kind of evidence do people want here? Will a book that is not a primary source do?

moseslmpg said:
Well as you people know, the Messiah is regarded differently in Judaism than in Christianity. So YHVH manifesting as Moses does not carry the same implications as Him incarnating as Jesus. There's also the notion of reincarnation present in the Old Testament I believe, if you look hard enough, and it was a pretty much standard belief back in Jesus' time apparently.

What kind of evidence do people want here? Will a book that is not a primary source do?

Well, then. Perhaps this thought should be taken to the Judeasm forum...since it holds little merit with Christianity...

And here, one discusses Christian thoughts, and asks questions pertaining to Christianity. Kind of unfair to ask questions of Judeasm in the wrong forum to answer such...

Quahom1 said:
Well, then. Perhaps this thought should be taken to the Judeasm forum...since it holds little merit with Christianity...

And here, one discusses Christian thoughts, and asks questions pertaining to Christianity. Kind of unfair to ask questions of Judeasm in the wrong forum to answer such...
Yeah, I know, that's whay I said nevermind a ways back, seeing as how it was probably to Jewish to count here. But people still replied, and seeing as how the Old Testament is part of the Bible, it's not totally off topic. I wasn't asking any questions though, I just put that out there.

Lol ... moseslmpg, I've got a book that kind of puts the notion to rest once and for all, but indeed, if it ain't in the bible, it doesn't stand on this forum. The book I have, happens to be the commentary of Jesus himself, made within the past century ... and it is most insightful. Irony of ironies, many a Christian could read those words (those of Jesus himself), and still discard his clarification, simply because it contradicts what is accepted dogma of the day.

Ah well .. eventually it will be clarified! Sol Invcitus!!!

Love and Light,

taijasa

moseslmpg said:
Yeah, I know, that's whay I said nevermind a ways back, seeing as how it was probably to Jewish to count here. But people still replied, and seeing as how the Old Testament is part of the Bible, it's not totally off topic. I wasn't asking any questions though, I just put that out there.

Neither was I. I simply presented the Christian "gnosis" (oh I hope Abogado didn't read that), that Christians understand. It isn't a belief we adhere to, but a knowledge. The "Belief" we have is IN what God says.

taijasi said:
Lol ... moseslmpg, I've got a book that kind of puts the notion to rest once and for all, but indeed, if it ain't in the bible, it doesn't stand on this forum. The book I have, happens to be the commentary of Jesus himself, made within the past century ... and it is most insightful. Irony of ironies, many a Christian could read those words (those of Jesus himself), and still discard his clarification, simply because it contradicts what is accepted dogma of the day.

Love and Light,

taijasa

Funny Taij...:rolleyes:

mee said:
i would say that Jesus is God-like he is the image of God, so that would make him like God, and being with his father Jehovah as the only begotten son of God he learned and was taught many things from his father Jehovah. but to be like someone does not mean that you are the same. Jesus had a pre-human life in the heavens before coming to the earth, and he was only- begotten because he was the only one created by his father alone. every thing else was created through Jehovahs son , and looking at the context of the bible it all makes sense.
the Word had the same nature as God.’" (Journal of Biblical Literature, 1973, pp. 85, 87) Thus, in this text, the fact that the word the·os´ in its second occurrence is without the definite article (ho) and is placed before the verb in the sentence in Greek is significant. Interestingly, translators that insist on rendering John 1:1, "The Word was God," do not hesitate to use the indefinite article (a, an) in their rendering of other passages where a singular anarthrous predicate noun occurs before the verb. Thus at John 6:70, JB and KJ both refer to Judas Iscariot as "a devil," and at John 9:17 they describe Jesus as "a prophet."

Okay Mee, thanks for your reply. However what I want to know is, what you believe.

Do you believe that He became a god at some point in His earthly life? If so when?

Or

Do you believe that God almighty create another god?

Or

Do you believe that He a false god?

Quahom1 said:

lol I was thinking the exact same thing Q

taijasi said:

Love and Light,

taijasa

Amazes me that people actually think a secular book can prove something the bible cant.. Because Im posting on a Christian forum.. I can say that I pray for your salvation and many of the other people that persecute Christ here.

Well, I am under the impression that this stuff is in the Bible (OT, of course), but it is hard to catch in the English versions. So I assume I should just drop it, i.e. no one needs any evidence.

Taijasi, what book is it?

Flowergirl, you left out the option of him being born as God from the beginning of his life. That's the general consensus among Christendom and a few others, I think.

moseslmpg said:
Well, I am under the impression that this stuff is in the Bible (OT, of course), but it is hard to catch in the English versions. So I assume I should just drop it, i.e. no one needs any evidence.

Moses, Faith is the belief in things as yet unseen, and the hope for things that have yet to be...no evidence is required.

Evidence is simply a delight when it proves what was already understood. ;)

Faithfulservant said:
Amazes me that people actually think a secular book can prove something the bible cant.. Because Im posting on a Christian forum.. I can say that I pray for your salvation and many of the other people that persecute Christ here.
Faithful, I would appreciate it if you would take that kind of attitude outside. It has no place here. Or anywhere.

Embarrased ...

taijasi

P.S. - Oh, and ... I pray for your enlightenment, as well. :eek:

moseslmpg said:

Flowergirl, you left out the option of him being born as God from the beginning of his life. That's the general consensus among Christendom and a few others, I think.
Visions of the Nazarene, authored by Cyril Scott (identified posthumously). Weiser puts it out; Amazon.com may only be issuing Kessinger reprints at this point. A pity ... as I have two copies, each with illustrations of Jesus of Nazareth as he was 2100 years ago.

It is a stretch for some ... a logical approach for others ... and amrita, for the true devotee. :)

Love and Light,

taijasa

Quahom1 said:
Moses, Faith is the belief in things as yet unseen, and the hope for things that have yet to be...no evidence is required.

Evidence is simply a delight when it proves what was already understood. ;)
That's a no, right? I'm not trying to change anyone's mind or anything, just present it as an obscure tidbit related to the topic of the thread (sort of).

Thanks Taijaisi, I'll check it out.

taijasi said:
Faithful, I would appreciate it if you would take that kind of attitude outside. It has no place here. Or anywhere.

Embarrased ...

taijasi

P.S. - Oh, and ... I pray for your enlightenment, as well. :eek:

Does my praying for your salvation bother you? Why is that? If you dont believe in the Salvation of God.. Why would it bother you if I pray that Jesus Christ to come into your heart and the Spirit of all Truth convict you? I wont take it back.. and I wont leave because my prayer is made in love and my God is pleased by it.

edit.. oh and you can pray for me all you like but I dont anything will change :)

Back