Why do people try to change Christianity?

I would worry about any pastor allowing just anyone in to shepherd their flock.
What is the line about setting a bird free, and if it comes back...and if it doesn't it wasn't yours to begin with?

I can butcher any quote...it is a gift...anywho...

Seems to me any congregation that can't take a Sunday sermon from the devil and come out with a lesson...Now I'm not saying our Jaded Fool is the devil...I'm simply taking it to the extreme...

I'd run screaming from any church that says I can't go listen when my friend's child has his briss or a baby naming ceremony or bar mitzvah. Or if they said I can't watch this movie or shouldn't read this author.

Seems the ark ain't too strong if it can't take a few waves.

Hey there...

Sorry you lost me at Ghandi... =)

I have heard that quote but I don't see the relevance?? But I am a bit tired =)

Peace

On a visit to London in 1931, for a conference on determining India’s political future, Gandhi was asked by a British journalist what he thought of Western civilisation. “I think it would be a good idea,” he replied.

s.

Beware of wolves wearing sheeps clothing.

I would worry about any pastor allowing just anyone in to shepherd their flock.

Why not just let him/her in? You know it really doesn't do that much harm . . .

The church building . . . the place where Christians gather as a community, is not the real Sanctuary. The real Sanctuary is the spiritual temple of God. Something invisible. A wolf may raid a church building, but he'll never touch the Sanctuary.

Grrrr . . . :) The wolf may huff and puff but he'll never be able to blow the Sanctuary down. (Plus he'd have to find it first.) The church building is a house made of straws. The Sanctuary was made of bricks.

You know what your beliefs are. You know what's important to you. Stick to that. Stay true to what you believe. Fear no apostate.

The others may not know . . . but that is something you wouldn't be able to do anything about anyway. You can't change the fact that the house was only made of straw. Some of us are in the house made of straw. Others are in the house made of bricks. Life is a journey where we migrate from the house of straw to the house of bricks.

I understand what you are saying. The body of Christ and each havng thier own part to make up the whole.. but allowing someone in that has any apostate teaching that is contrary to the word of God has me thinking of the warning that even the very elect will be decieved..

Warning!!!! Impending Cynicism . . . .

If anyone listens to what an apostate asserts and affirms, it's most likely they were apostate all along.:) :eek: :D

Advice: learn to be skeptical. Take everything with a grain of salt. Healthy skepticism. Open your mind to the important things. Close your mind to irrelevance. Filter out the things of no consequence. Make nothing out of everything. The plague of apostasy can be defeated by banishing it to oblivion. Apostasy? Where? When? How? I am agnostic of all things apostate.

Be assured!!! Apostasy is no danger to those in the Sanctuary. You are safe.

BTW- Do you think Ghandi was serious?

I think Gandhi was an incredible communicator... He could use a little humor to really drive the point he was trying to make...

I think he said that with a humorous tone... but I think he was very serious...

The West could really use to be more civilized... :) ok... ALOT more civilized!!

Peace & Love

Advice: learn to be skeptical. Take everything with a grain of salt. Healthy skepticism. Open your mind to the important things. Close your mind to irrelevance. Filter out the things of no consequence. Make nothing out of everything. The plague of apostasy can be defeated by banishing it to oblivion. Apostasy? Where? When? How? I am agnostic of all things apostate.

Be assured!!! Apostasy is no danger to those in the Sanctuary. You are safe.

read Matthew 24 Jesus said otherwise.

I think Gandhi was an incredible communicator... He could use a little humor to really drive the point he was trying to make...

I think he said that with a humorous tone... but I think he was very serious...

The West could really use to be more civilized... :) ok... ALOT more civilized!!

Peace & Love

He said much with a humorous tone. I have heard old news-reel tapes and he loved to make reporters laugh.

Peas & Carrots

read Matthew 24 Jesus said otherwise.

Conversely, I was thinking of Matthew 16:18.

Some of the stuff in Matthew 24 may apply to those outside "the Sanctuary." Those who haven't "found Sanctuary" aren't safe or secure and are vulnerable. They are the ones that have to be extra vigilant . . .

Those in the Sanctuary are surrounded by brick walls and are obviously shielded from the negative influences outside . . . As children of God they have the power of God on their side and can defeat the dragons, demons and Goliaths in the world (1 John 5:4) around them.

Those in the Sanctuary know they are in the Sanctuary. Those outside have no idea!!! :eek:

Conversely, I was thinking of Matthew 16:18.

Some of the stuff in Matthew 24 may apply to those outside "the Sanctuary." Those who haven't "found Sanctuary" aren't safe or secure and are vulnerable. They are the ones that have to be extra vigilant . . .

Those in the Sanctuary are surrounded by brick walls and are obviously shielded from the negative influences outside . . . As children of God they have the power of God on their side and can defeat the dragons, demons and Goliaths in the world (1 John 5:4) around them.

Those in the Sanctuary know they are in the Sanctuary. Those outside have no idea!!! :eek:

I would also add that I think contextually Matthew 24 and/or Mark 13 are not exhortations on how christians ought to live their daily lives... IMHO :)

It appears that these versus are relating to a specific group of followers... as it was spoken only to the disciples... and it also appears to be a message for a particular era... "this generation"...

That being said... It doesnt mean there is nothing to learn from these versus... I think the exhortation to Watch ( to live, or be alive and awake, and to use your mind and faculties ) is always something we should do... :)

Back