Why do people try to change Christianity?

In some cases... In MOST cases... No it is man that changes christianity... But then... Is it christianity? Here is a glass bowl... *Throws it on the flow and smashes it* Is that still a glass bowl? ;/ Nope, but it thas "elements" bits and peices of a glass bowl..... What am I talking about... Sorry... Listening to some strange music..
very true , it is all mixed up with false teachings .

Jesus Christ is the key to Christianity
Jesus christ also has the keys of death and hades ...............
and I have the keys of death and of Ha´des. revelation 1;18
(John 6:54) He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;

(John 11:25) Jesus said to her: "I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;​

Why do people try to change Christianity?

Seriously if people do not like Christianity why don't people just find another religion instead of trying to carve Christianity up to fit them?

Do people do it constantly to Islam and Judaism and I just do not see it?

I mean the Bible and Christ are about the only 2 things Christianity has right?
Well if people do not want to believe those then how can they even call themselves Christians?

Where would you draw the line on using that classification?

I have been casually reading over this post for the last week or so... It has been interesting reading to say the least... lol...

But as I read the title and the openning post again today... something very simple struck me... and I laughed at myself for not realizing it earlier...

What is this post really about?? Which of the hundreds of variations of Christianity are we or you or they trying to change... We all are guilty sometimes of thinking that we have thought of something new and innovative... when actually it has been thought many times before...

If Dor is speaking of his flavor of christianity... then perhaps he should ask someone who disagrees with his point of view why they think what they think... However from my perspective perhaps I should ask Dor why he/she is trying to change christianity...

I at one time thought that I KNEW what REAL chrsitianity was... and I thought that everyone that disagreed was just wrong... they misunderstood... they were not practicing the REAL thing... and therefore were trying to change it...

But today... I really do not know... I do know that I choose to follow LOVE... I do not claim to have the ansers... But I have questions... =)

Peace to you all... no matter how much you are trying to change MY christianity... :p JK hehe

Peace & Love

Namaste Jeaded...

Yes, I've been re-reading too....

And the contemplation I ended up with was a similar end with a slight twist...

Why does Your Christianity want to change me and mine?

Yes we all claim or think we belong to the Christianity that Jesus taught...

funny that.

Namaste Jeaded...

Yes, I've been re-reading too....

And the contemplation I ended up with was a similar end with a slight twist...

Why does Your Christianity want to change me and mine?

Yes we all claim or think we belong to the Christianity that Jesus taught...

funny that.

Bingo...

You mean I could have said that with one sentence... grrr... I am such a noob... :p

Peace

I have been casually reading over this post for the last week or so... It has been interesting reading to say the least... lol...

But as I read the title and the openning post again today... something very simple struck me... and I laughed at myself for not realizing it earlier...

What is this post really about?? Which of the hundreds of variations of Christianity are we or you or they trying to change... We all are guilty sometimes of thinking that we have thought of something new and innovative... when actually it has been thought many times before...

If Dor is speaking of his flavor of christianity... then perhaps he should ask someone who disagrees with his point of view why they think what they think... However from my perspective perhaps I should ask Dor why he/she is trying to change christianity...

I at one time thought that I KNEW what REAL chrsitianity was... and I thought that everyone that disagreed was just wrong... they misunderstood... they were not practicing the REAL thing... and therefore were trying to change it...

But today... I really do not know... I do know that I choose to follow LOVE... I do not claim to have the ansers... But I have questions... =)

Peace to you all... no matter how much you are trying to change MY christianity... :p JK hehe

Peace & Love

Obviously something wasnt ringing true with "Your" Christianity given the name you chose to be known by. :)
According to your posts you seem to be searching for the truth for you.. People like me and Dor know we have the truth and dont need to search for it. The mere strength of our conviction that THE Spirit of Truth reveals ALL truth to whom He wants is enough for us to know that its the only truth and the rest is a lie.

All we can do is read the bible and live by it and listen for Gods voice.

A song keeps coming to me... Awesome song btw

Which Jesus do you follow?
Which Jesus do you serve?
If Ephesians says to imitate Christ
Then why do you look so much like the world?

Cause my Jesus bled and died
He spent His time with thieves and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the arrogant
So which one do you want to be?

Blessed are the poor in spirit
Or do we pray to be blessed with the wealth of this land
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst for righteousness
Or do we ache for another taste of this world of shifting sand

Cause my Jesus bled and died for my sins
He spent His time with thieves and sluts and liars
He loved the poor and accosted the rich

Who is this that you follow
This picture of the American dream
If Jesus was here would you walk right by on the other side or fall down and worship at His holy feet

Pretty blue eyes and curly brown hair and a clear complexion
Is how you see Him as He dies for Your sins
But the Word says He was battered and scarred
Or did you miss that part
Sometimes I doubt we'd recognize Him

Cause my Jesus bled and died
He spent His time with thieves and the least of these
He loved the poor and accosted the comfortable

Cause my Jesus would never be accepted in my church
The blood and dirt on His feet would stain the carpet
But He reaches for the hurting and despised the proud
I think He'd prefer Beale St. to the stained glass crowd
And I know that He can hear me if I cry out loud

I want to be like my Jesus!
I want to be like my Jesus!

Not a posterchild for American prosperity, but like my Jesus
You see I'm tired of living for success and popularity
I want to be like my Jesus but I'm not sure what that means to be like You Jesus
Cause You said to live like You, love like You but then You died for me
Can I be like You Jesus?
I want to be like my Jesus

-Todd Agnew

However from my perspective perhaps I should ask Dor why he/she is trying to change christianity...
Actually I am not trying to change anything. If its biblical then it is fine. All the added on stuff others can keep. And the original point of this post was because at the time we were having lot of posts about people that want to change Christianity. Like John Shelby Spong for instance.

The mere strength of our conviction that THE Spirit of Truth reveals ALL truth to whom He wants is enough for us to know that its the only truth and the rest is a lie.

All we can do is read the bible and live by it and listen for Gods voice.

Amen!

"Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

I like this...from G-d to the Holy Spirit to me and back to G-d. I'll take that loop! How can you go wrong with G-d's truth in your ear?

"He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." John 16:13-15

Actually I am not trying to change anything. If its biblical then it is fine. All the added on stuff others can keep. And the original point of this post was because at the time we were having lot of posts about people that want to change Christianity. Like John Shelby Spong for instance.

Well for what it is worth Dor, FS, and Others... I at one point in my life believed exactly as you do... and I would say the exact same things you all are saying... and I am glad that what yoiu have found is working for you... that is wonderful...

The point that I was trying to make is that the christianity that many mainline or fundemental christians live today is very different from early christianity... and why is that... be cause someone made some changes along the way... and there were those at the time that were standing up and saying the same thing you are today... those that didnt like the change would raise their voice and say we are right because thats what the bible says...

But it didnt stop the changes... they still happened and we all are living proof of that... every branch and every different flavor... whether you are protestant or catholic, reformed, transformed, preformed, postformed... hehe

I have had the privilege in preaching in many different churches... Assembly of God, Lutheran, Catholic, Non-Denominational, Four Square, Evangelical Free, Baptist, and a few others... All of them have differences in what they think the bible says... some minor... some MAJOR...

But I saw many wonderful children of god in all of those churches... People that loved god... and their neighbor... and ME... an outsider that didnt believe EXACTLY as they did... They didnt try to change my faith... and I didnt try to change theirs...

But we did together try to change the world... we reached out in love to feed the children, and to take care of the homeless, and to share god and love with them... side by side... we live in a world of anger and hate and self-centeredness... perhaps we ought to stop worrying about which of the hundreds of interpetaions of this verse or that verse is right... and start doing the things that we know in our hearts are the essence of jesus... to love god, and your neighbor, and yourself...

Peace & Love

Well for what it is worth Dor, FS, and Others... I at one point in my life believed exactly as you do... and I would say the exact same things you all are saying... and I am glad that what yoiu have found is working for you... that is wonderful...

The point that I was trying to make is that the christianity that many mainline or fundemental christians live today is very different from early christianity... and why is that... be cause someone made some changes along the way... and there were those at the time that were standing up and saying the same thing you are today... those that didnt like the change would raise their voice and say we are right because thats what the bible says...

But it didnt stop the changes... they still happened and we all are living proof of that... every branch and every different flavor... whether you are protestant or catholic, reformed, transformed, preformed, postformed... hehe

I have had the privilege in preaching in many different churches... Assembly of God, Lutheran, Catholic, Non-Denominational, Four Square, Evangelical Free, Baptist, and a few others... All of them have differences in what they think the bible says... some minor... some MAJOR...

But I saw many wonderful children of god in all of those churches... People that loved god... and their neighbor... and ME... an outsider that didnt believe EXACTLY as they did... They didnt try to change my faith... and I didnt try to change theirs...

But we did together try to change the world... we reached out in love to feed the children, and to take care of the homeless, and to share god and love with them... side by side... we live in a world of anger and hate and self-centeredness... perhaps we ought to stop worrying about which of the hundreds of interpetaions of this verse or that verse is right... and start doing the things that we know in our hearts are the essence of jesus... to love god, and your neighbor, and yourself...

Peace & Love

Oh, you mean follow the "laws" that are written on everyman's heart? No aruguement there.

But then, you are sort of parphrasing M Ghandi..."I'd be most happy to be a Christian. I've yet to see one..."

just a thought

v/r

Joshua

Oh, you mean follow the "laws" that are written on everyman's heart? No aruguement there.

But then, you are sort of parphrasing M Ghandi..."I'd be most happy to be a Christian. I've yet to see one..."

just a thought

v/r

Joshua

Hey there...

Sorry you lost me at Ghandi... =)

I have heard that quote but I don't see the relevance?? But I am a bit tired =)

Peace

Hmm I was thinking

Beware of wolves wearing sheeps clothing.

I would worry about any pastor allowing just anyone in to shepherd their flock.

I understand what you are saying. The body of Christ and each havng thier own part to make up the whole.. but allowing someone in that has any apostate teaching that is contrary to the word of God has me thinking of the warning that even the very elect will be decieved..

Im alway conscious of the fact that in the end times there are two churches the philadelphians and the laodiceans.. one is the church of brotherly love and the other is the lukewarm church.. they are both churches and both part of the body of Christ one Christ rebukes and one Christ has nothing bad to say about them.

Have to find the line.

Hmm I was thinking

Beware of wolves wearing sheeps clothing.

I would worry about any pastor allowing just anyone in to shepherd their flock.

I understand what you are saying. The body of Christ and each havng thier own part to make up the whole.. but allowing someone in that has any apostate teaching that is contrary to the word of God has me thinking of the warning that even the very elect will be decieved..

Im alway conscious of the fact that in the end times there are two churches the philadelphians and the laodiceans.. one is the church of brotherly love and the other is the lukewarm church.. they are both churches and both part of the body of Christ one Christ rebukes and one Christ has nothing bad to say about them.

Have to find the line.

LOL... Am I to assume that I am the Wolf??

I wasn't aware that jesus' teaching on loving god, your neighbor, and yourself was considered apostate... :p

And again my point is... we ALL practice christianity a little or a lot differently than other people... and the church of the 1st century was very different than any modern denomination or interpretation... therefore we are all guilty of changing christianity... which is fine... it is a different day and a different age...

Whats important is not that we never change... but that god doesnt... and GOD is LOVE... and jesus was god/love made flesh... and therefore by his life and words has shown us how to live a life of love... and lovliness and therefore godliness...

Peace & Love

and some Grace too... cuz we all need Grace... :)

I was basing the wolf bit on other posts of yours.. not that one.. sorry for the confusion. :)

Amen to grace.

Well... I have been called worse... :p

But it goes along nicely with my "Heretic" title... But I figure I am in pretty good company... Luther, Wesley, and Jesus even... :)

Peace & Love

hmm and spong?

Are you asking me to label someone a heretic?? lol... :p

No thanx... I will pass... I will leave the judging up to the judge...

But if you think he is a heretic then he is welcome to the club as well...

You may jon as well FS... There is enough Grace for everyone... :)

Peace & Love

Back