Why do people try to change Christianity?

usually that is the anointing of the holy spirit on an individual or church, their special talents are used to continue the work of christ for the glory of god. either way, as long as christ is the foundation all the works and praise done in christs name give off a sweet savour to God.
Ok, so in that case, some of the changes Christianity has undergone are simply the result of us being different.

Just as the bible said that the false teachers would come , they certainly did with many false teachings not based on accurate knowledge of the bible , and many many people have been misled down through the centuries. and people today even think that those false teachings that came into the congregations are the truth :eek: yes the bible was right false teachings not taught by Jesus mislead many TRINITY,HELLFIRE, IMMORTALITY OF THE HUMAN SOUL, But no worries true worship is alive and well and has been restored .false teachings are offensive to the true God and he wants his true followers to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 and then the true God can take us in.

Mee, there are three surprises awaiting every person who steps into heaven:

Those he thought would be there, aren't
Those he thought wouldn't be there, are
And he is there

You keep condemning mainstream Christians as having been falsely taught, and you might tick off the Old Man, The Kid, and the Holy Spook.

That's a gang I wouldn't want on my backside. ;)

Just as the bible said that the false teachers would come , they certainly did with many false teachings not based on accurate knowledge of the bible , and many many people have been misled down through the centuries. and people today even think that those false teachings that came into the congregations are the truth :eek: yes the bible was right false teachings not taught by Jesus mislead many TRINITY,HELLFIRE, IMMORTALITY OF THE HUMAN SOUL, But no worries true worship is alive and well and has been restored .false teachings are offensive to the true God and he wants his true followers to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 and then the true God can take us in.

Mark 9:
"47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘ Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[a]"

False teaching?

Which part do you think is being changed, Dor?

And who do you think they were deceived by, Faithfulservant?

Mark 9:
"47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘ Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[a]"

False teaching?

Sorry to bardge in, but I kinda wanted to. :cool:

I think Jesus is suggesting that we not be double minded. We set our eyes on Gods truth, yet many of us stray...One eye, one foot, one arm in Gods truth, while our other members stray towards that which opposses Gods truth.

When we stray from his truth, or his Love, we experience the fires of hell, which I have come to view as a darkened heart where intollerance, fear, anger, bitterness, and hate breed. I don't see hell as being a literal place...it lives inside us all.

Hell is the darkest side of our earthly existence and we experience it when we go against the Love of God. The Love of God is our Truth, our light, and our way to salvation. When we oppose Gods Love, we oppose God, and hell is the natural consequence.

Jesus can save only when one is willing to accept the Love of God, imo...

btw, I'm one of those who pick and choose when it comes to the Bible. Why is the Bible viewed as bieng w/o error, anyway? Does it say it in the Bible, or is this something pushed by the leaders of the Churches?

Much Love,

Can't quote a parable to make a teaching.

Kiwimac

What parable? It is a proverb, which is the essence for remembering teachings. And why in any event would the word "hellfire" be used even if it was "just a parable"?

Why even bring such a "non-existent" thing up?

Sorry to bardge in, but I kinda wanted to. :cool:

I think Jesus is suggesting that we not be double minded. We set our eyes on Gods truth, yet many of us stray...One eye, one foot, one arm in Gods truth, while our other members stray towards that which opposses Gods truth.

When we stray from his truth, or his Love, we experience the fires of hell, which I have come to view as a darkened heart where intollerance, fear, anger, bitterness, and hate breed. I don't see hell as being a literal place...it lives inside us all.

Hell is the darkest side of our earthly existence and we experience it when we go against the Love of God. The Love of God is our Truth, our light, and our way to salvation. When we oppose Gods Love, we oppose God, and hell is the natural consequence.

Jesus can save only when one is willing to accept the Love of God, imo...

btw, I'm one of those who pick and choose when it comes to the Bible. Why is the Bible viewed as bieng w/o error, anyway? Does it say it in the Bible, or is this something pushed by the leaders of the Churches?

Much Love,
So do other folk. ;)

Much Love,

I just lol'd....

Pick and choose? Hmm god wants me to do this... Meh thats a bit much... anything easier in this book... oh there I'll do that... that is brilliant... Do you consider yourself a christian? Why is it viewed as being without error? Because apparently it's the word of your god? Your god speaks sometimes in error does he?

I just lol'd....

Pick and choose? Hmm god wants me to do this... Meh thats a bit much... anything easier in this book... oh there I'll do that... that is brilliant... Do you consider yourself a christian? Why is it viewed as being without error? Because apparently it's the word of your god? Your god speaks sometimes in error does he?

a Christian conscience are we today, 17th? ;)

Sometimes it takes one outside looking in to point out a truth...

a Christian conscious are we today, 17th? ;)

Sometimes it takes one outside looking in to point out a truth...

lol... Just what I learnt as a christian I like to share with people that claim to be christians... You know... Kinda bugs you when you see someone claiming to be something but going about it the wrong way.... Like "I'm a soldier!! How are you today Sir!" *Salutes with left hand.....* It would bug you... They are trying, they are going through the motions and yet it is miles out from what it should be... ;\ lol... I dunno... I am gonna go drink my coffee...

lol... Just what I learnt as a christian I like to share with people that claim to be christians... You know... Kinda bugs you when you see someone claiming to be something but going about it the wrong way.... Like "I'm a soldier!! How are you today Sir!" *Salutes with left hand.....* It would bug you... They are trying, they are going through the motions and yet it is miles out from what it should be... ;\ lol... I dunno... I am gonna go drink my coffee...

Not if the right arm was broken...:D

I'd be like "That is not an excuse!! You will raise that arm now, or so help me you will be face down in the dirt piggy pushing them out till I finish my coffee." :D

But then you would end up turning them from a soldier to a Marine, or god forbid a Coast Guardsman!...:eek:

it goes down hill :\ The soldier is stood at the top of that hill :| *my brother is a Royal Marine....* We have our rival moments.......

Yeah, I know. He has to bust his ass to keep you up there... lol

...ok, go get your coffee, and I'll go get my tea.

I guess, bless him.. In Afgan right now...

ANYWAY!! Yeah Cage bits of your post make some sense... Like when learning with most types of christianity... the key traits is? Our survey said for the top answer, love. Most christians that apply this trait indeed benefit and do not get the traits that you call hell... Cold hearted, aggressive, bitter and hate and so on... sheesh sounds like I'm describing me lol... But not understanding parts leads to these traits... I think then you have some kind of 'blind faith' going on.. You think you're a christian, you think you're doing good but you are causing harm and hate... Simply by just misunderstanding parts of the teachings of the bible.... Such as the baptists that wanted to picket that amish funueral... They THINK they are righteous and good... but somewhere along the line of studying the bible they have taken something out of context and got confused.

I guess, bless him.. In Afgan right now...

ANYWAY!! Yeah Cage bits of your post make some sense... Like when learning with most types of christianity... the key traits is? Our survey said for the top answer, love. Most christians that apply this trait indeed benefit and do not get the traits that you call hell... Cold hearted, aggressive, bitter and hate and so on... sheesh sounds like I'm describing me lol... But not understanding parts leads to these traits... I think then you have some kind of 'blind faith' going on.. You think you're a christian, you think you're doing good but you are causing harm and hate... Simply by just misunderstanding parts of the teachings of the bible.... Such as the baptists that wanted to picket that amish funueral... They THINK they are righteous and good... but somewhere along the line of studying the bible they have taken something out of context and got confused.

Please do not refer the Westboro Baptist Church as Baptists. They do not represent anything even remotely Baptist. They are not affiliated with any Baptist organization or denomination. They are a cult, plain and simple. They are self-righteous bigots with a thousand planks in their eyes. They are unforgiving and callous. They are NOT confused. They know damn well what they are doing. They have filled themselves with hate. They have no mercy and are just a bad as the extremist Islamic terroists that threaten our soldiers overseas. Really, it is the ravings of one Fred Phelps. His church consists primarily of members of his own family.

Quite simply, they are not Christians in any biblical sense of the word.

Back