Matrixism - A religion based on The Matrix

You have the scriptures I've presented, so you have no rational reasoning, and you will be responsible at the end of this life.
Unless you avail yourself of Christ's atonement for you on the cross, as long prophesied through the old testament books.
Such as in Leviticus 17:11.

upload_2021-8-5_13-38-31.png

That's about as close to a face palm that I could come up with.

You're making an assumption that the poster is correct.
True, thanks, Rabbi! A few minutes with the internet oracle got me this:

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/matrix-personifies-wiedens-powerade-push-63812/

By Rebecca Flass

May 2, 2003

LOS ANGELES Coca-Cola’s Powerade has launched a campaign linked to the May 15 release of Warner Bros.’ Matrix Reloaded film.

The multi-million dollar effort supports the launch of a new Powerade drink that comes in a 32 ounce bottle and has a mix of black cherry and anise flavorings. Four 30-second TV spots from Wieden + Kennedy in Portland, Ore., which began airing nationally this week, show a man in sunglasses and a dark suit who is sitting with his hands folded in a vibrant green room.

In one spot, the man delivers the line, “Active human beings are capable of generating up to 12,000 BTUs of body heat. In essence, it’s like you’re all a bunch of walking, talking, living, breathing, stinking, disease-ridden batteries. And all batteries need a little recharging, now and again.” In another spot, the man asks, “When you see me sitting here in this room, encouraging you to drink more Powerade, do you ever get the feeling you’re living in a virtual reality dream world fabricated by artificially intelligent machines to enslave your mind while they harvest your body heat for energy?”

Speaking of this part of the plot (humans as thermal power plants), it was always jarring to me. The physics is just bad, the way it's presented it is a perpetual motion machine. As bad as the volcano-freezing "cold fusion bomb" from a recent Star Trek remake.

Last edited:
You have the scriptures I've presented, so you have no rational reasoning, and you will be responsible at the end of this life.
Unless you avail yourself of Christ's atonement for you on the cross, as long prophesied through the old testament books.

@Geo, while this site is all about sharing our various views, there is a tipping point where it can turn to soapboxing (see our code of conduct). A time-proven strategy to not come across as preachy is to rephrase "you" messages as "I" messages, and using generous doses of "in my opinion", or "it is my belief".

Cino, you don't feel Thomas is coming across himself, as very sure of himself?
Albeit in error?

Then you have Rabbio who feels he knows better.

Thomas - "And the Lord God formed man (adam) of the slime of the ground (adamah): and breathed into his face the breath of life, and man (adam) became a living soul. And the Lord God had planted a garden (note: 'paradise of pleasure' is a later and somewhat poetic interpretation, flavoured by other texts. The use of 'paradise' occurs in later references, but is not strictly accurate according to the Hebrew of Genesis 2) from the beginning: wherein he placed man (adam) whom he had formed."

For one Thomas, it was a different "slime", and Earth, and a different environment.
Plain and simple.
Different timeline.

For another, you haven't checked the scripture to see that Paradise is a timeless situation, which Adam lived in pre fall?
In 1 Corinthians St. Paul refers to Adam as, "the first man", with respect to Jesus as the, "Last man"?
Doesn't infer anything to you about Adam?
Jesus, in Luke 23:43 tells the repentant thief next to Him on the cross, that this same day "you will be with Me in Paradise".
Again, showing you that Paradise is a timeless situation, Thomas.
Then, perhaps explain how Adam lived for nearly a thousand years after the Fall?
Seeing there was no death, telling us that originally there was no decay, or disease, etc.)
... Whether you receive it or not.
Or, do you also want to believe the Physicists are incorrect also?
Hey, nobody"'s trying to force you to believe the greater Truth, if you're not interested.

Rabbio?
Do you have a problem with Leviticus 16, and 17:11, or, the other prophetic verses throughout the Bible, concerning the Messiah?
~ Again, which situation shows us that we are in a program.

Last edited:
Cino, you don't feel Thomas is coming across himself, as very sure of himself?
Albeit in error?

Then you have Rabbio who feels he knows better.

Well, this is an interfaith dialogue forum. Of course participants have differing beliefs, of which they are sure. This is the nature of the site. But that it won't escalate all the time, we have an agreement about how we want to treat each other. Since you're new, you may not yet be familiar with it, although it is part of the code of conduct, so I'll spell it out once more:

Don't tell other members what spiritual beliefs they have to hold. Don't make veiled threats like "... you will be responsible at the end of your life". Be respectful of the fact that different faiths interpret the same scriptures in different ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
Thanks.

There's nothing else to say.

Reactions: wil
Paul refers to Adam as, "the first man", with respect to Jesus as the, "Last man"?
As in: corporeal human form Both Adam and Jesus were men. Both died as men? Christ's resurrection and Adam's long life aside: both Adam and Jesus died?
Jesus, in Luke 23:43 tells the repentant thief next to Him on the cross, that this same day "you will be with Me in Paradise".
Again, showing you that Paradise is a timeless situation,
But after death, when time&space no longer limit the spirit, which is already accepted. Hell too?

we are in a program.
Do you mean simulation? Can you elaborate further -- without getting annoyed? Can you explain more clearly, without pointing at Bible passages, as if your meaning is obvious to everyone but which are open to many different levels of interetation, imo.

What practical effect upon us would the fact have that we are are in a programme? How would it make any difference to us? Isn't that the issue?

What/who originated the simulation, and for what purpose?

Last edited:
Corbet?
"What/who originated the simulation, and for what purpose?"
?
125908421_3816873005030446_6646357023205689569_n.jpg

Evil is evident, in the predator/prey situation, in "the world".
Jesus had plenty to say about this environment. But, you don't want me to "stand on the soapbox". Right?
We see what's "natural" in wildlife, is criminal in humanity. The evidence is all around us.
Life is more, than what is evident in this evolved organic spectrum, regarding the spiritual and angelic.
--------------
-"What practical effect upon us would the fact have that we are are in a programme? How would it make any difference to us?
Isn't that the issue."-

I stated that prophecy, which we see throughout the Bible is evidence that we are in a program. Our future in the world, and yours, are a known. Apart from time.
Just as the Physicists since Einstein, tell us.

Physicist Max Tegmark tells us the Universe isn't just made up of math... it is math.
~ What do you think would be the consequence if people understood all of this? That this is merely a simulation of what is a greater Truth?
As in the movie:
"...But, those people are still very much a part of the system... and they will fight to protect it."

Last edited:
Physicist Max Tegmark tells us the Universe isn't just made up of math... it is math.
~ What do you think would be the consequence if people understood all of this? That this is merely a simulation of what is a greater Truth?
And what would be the consequence when the physicists realize they are merely wordsmiths like the bards and philosophers and prophets only using a different set of agreed to symbols to explain something that is inherently unexplainable? "Math" is an explanation, it is not a thing. It is another menu, it is not the meal.

So much of modern math is unproveable, conjecture, supposition that doesn't even qualify as theory. Yet another Dawkian meme, laid bare it is only another speculation that in another context would be deemed "religion" and its adherents would be deemed "the faithful."

Last edited:
Physicist Max Tegmark tells is the Universe isn't just made up of math, it is math.
Math describes the reality of the time/space universe up until the timespace barrier/singularity -- assuming a lot of givens in the process -- and then it can go no further. And even in that very limited and partial way, math (call it the Standard Model of physics) describes only the 5% of the universe that is not dark matter and dark energy. 95% remains outside. So ...
We see what's "natural" in wildlife, is criminal in humanity. The evidence is all around us.
You throw out statements like this. What evidence? What do you mean? Animals do not contemplate their own mortality.

Last edited:
Evil is evident, in the predator/prey situation, in "the world".
Life for the lion is death for the zebra. Being born in nature means we have to take life to sustain our own. That is the original sin of Adam, imo.

what would be the consequence when the physicists realize they are merely wordsmiths like the bards and philosophers and prophets only using a different set of agreed to symbols to explain something that is inherently unexplainable?

juantoo ~ You think mathematical equations are just another form of symbols?
Physicists are just, "wordsmiths"?
We live in the computer age, friend...
How many excuses are you going to create, to avoid what's inevitable?

Corbet, because we don't have the equations to describe dark energy/matter doesn't have anything to do with the fact we abide in a mathematical program.
That Life is much more than we have the ability to perceive in this lessor, evolved, organic situation.
Which you are a slave of.

juantoo ~ You think mathematical equations are just another form of symbols?
Physicists are just, "wordsmiths"?
We live in the computer age, friend...
How many excuses are you going to create, to avoid what's inevitable?
How many excuses are you going to make to defend the indefensible?

SHOW ME just one other dimension. If you can't, then multiverse is unproven, it is mathematic religious speculation. That is reality...friend. The only we can conclusively demonstrate are the 3 dimensions of space and the 4th dimension of time, any dimension beyond that is speculation....not that there isn't merit, but religions around the world have posited the same speculations for thousands of years, yet it remains to be proven within this existence. Science scoffs at the religious speculation, but tag the name "math" onto it and suddenly the idea warrants consideration???

I don't care about any movie, regardless how well it is done cinematically. Movies are fantasy...period. Even those stories "based on truth" are given artistic license. The Matrix is fantasy, pure and simple, regardless how much you may be enamored of the storyline. It is Science FICTION...do I need to dig out the dictionary definition of fiction? I can come up with a personal list of lots of science fiction that raises intriguing possibilities - it is the nature of the animal, but none (repeat for emphasis - NONE) are worthy of a religion. (There's more religion in Dune and its sequels than the Matrix could begin to hold a candle to - which might help explain why such an intricate story is being put to film for the 4th time in 40 years. How many times has the Matrix series been redone on film? Hmmmm?)

Last edited:
because we don't have the equations to describe dark energy/matter doesn't have anything to do with the fact we abide in a mathematical program.
Do you know what a mathematical singularity is? A black hole singularity? The Big Bang singularity?

Last edited:
I believe a singularity is essentially where space time is compressed to infinite mass -- an infinitely small but infinitely heavy point of nothingness, where time loses all meaning. Not just very, but infinitely. Mathematics breaks down and loses its power to compute.

How many excuses are you going to make to defend the indefensible?

SHOW ME just one other dimension. If you can't, then multiverse is unproven, it is mathematic religious speculation. That is reality...friend. The only we can conclusively demonstrate are the 3 dimensions of space and the 4th dimension of time, any dimension beyond that is speculation....not that there isn't merit, but religions around the world have posited the same speculations for thousands of years, yet it remains to be proven within this existence. Science scoffs at the religious speculation, but tag the name "math" onto it and suddenly the idea warrants consideration???

I don't care about any movie, regardless how well it is done cinematically. Movies are fantasy...period. Even those stories "based on truth" are given artistic license. The Matrix is fantasy, pure and simple, regardless how much you may be enamored of the storyline. It is Science FICTION...do I need to dig out the dictionary definition of fiction? I can come up with a personal list of lots of science fiction that raises intriguing possibilities - it is the nature of the animal, but none (repeat for emphasis - NONE) are worthy of a religion. (There's more religion in Dune and its sequels than the Matrix could begin to hold a candle to - which might help explain why such an intricate story is being put to film for the 4th time in 40 years. How many times has the Matrix series been redone on film? Hmmmm?)

.juantoo, in the computer age, (based on mathematics and technology), we have presented to us over, and over, and over, the greater reality and truth apart from this organic spectrum, in the many NDE accounts.
Which not long ago were considered by Christianity to be a trick of the devil, until Christians began opening up about their experiences.

But as I said, you cross your arms, and believe what you want, against all evidence.
~ "and they will fight to protect it."

Corbet -
"Who? Me? Can you explain?"

I should have stated "we", by nature of the "original sin", involving this organic world and evolved situation we find ourselves in.

Again, we are more and other than this. As is Life.
matrix_philosophy~2.jpeg

I should have stated "we", by nature of the "original sin", involving this organic world and evolved situation we find ourselves in.
I can accept that.

Back