Do you think you are liberal?

I don't think I know what I faith I am anymore..

What if I believe that the Old Testament, was always a incorrect view of God.. and that correcting this view of God was why he came to teach as Jesus.. That is what I tend to think, it is the only way I can understand the old teachings.
Namaste Star,

You are among friends and fellow travelers. I know your predicament. One thing about our old testament...it is not what Judaism is all about, it is such a fraction of Judaic teachings and understandings it is incredible. I have soooo much appreciation for the 'old testament thinking and G-d' now that I have been studying some with Jews...it is incredible the breadth and scope and love contained in their teachings.

As for China and Japan I agree as well...While I am a follower of Jesus, many claim I cannot be a Christian as I see many paths to heaven....of course so did John Paul when you read his quotes...

I'm very liberal, lol! and the Christ man said there are many mansions,(John 14) which to me implies that God is present in many people, and in many differing religions. I think what's important is the essence of God, and the essence that Jesus adhered to. He did the fathers will, and commanded us to love the father, who is defined as love, and to love one another. If love wasn't the central theme, and God essence then I am walking the wrong path, lol!

I think anywhere love is present, there is God also, but that's just me. Even so, if you look at Christs teachings, it's hard to deny (For me anyway) that he spoke of love and spirit. e.g Inward state of being

James

Thanks Wil and Cage,

It's great to know I am amongst other travellers!!

I shall admit I know little of modern Judaism.:eek:

I was aware, that the Judaism at the time of Jesus (if it has at all changed) has been inaccurately expressed within the framework of the Bible. You would think I would of done something before now in the lines of research.

Any suggestions on where or what I should start reading to learn more of Judaism? I am currently looking at Wikipedia for a basic overall view.:eek:

I find the synagogues are very welcoming. Especially reconstruction or renewal groups... I often go on Fridays or Saturdays and just absorb. Be honest about who you are and why you are there and enjoy! If you can find one that is into interfaith all the better!

Nothing like studying the same info that Jesus did!

I'm very liberal, lol! and the Christ man said there are many mansions,(John 14) which to me implies that God is present in many people, and in many differing religions. I think what's important is the essence of God, and the essence that Jesus adhered to. He did the fathers will, and commanded us to love the father, who is defined as love, and to love one another. If love wasn't the central theme, and God essence then I am walking the wrong path, lol!

I think anywhere love is present, there is God also, but that's just me. Even so, if you look at Christs teachings, it's hard to deny (For me anyway) that he spoke of love and spirit. e.g Inward state of being

James

James...

I am on the same page with you... IMHO... God is Love... Love is God... When we act out of Love we are acting out of the Spirit... "If I have not LOVE... I am nothing..."

Peace & Love...

Live Love Liberally... :p

David

yes, we believe we are liberals, but are we really? some folks would call u liberal xtians- backsliders!

but u won't get that from me...

apparently, studies show that rather than mellow with age, we tend to become more conservative as we age, less tolerant and less open to change and new ideas, so to me it's interesting to see so many ppl report they feel they have mellowed as they have aged...

yes, we believe we are liberals, but are we really? some folks would call u liberal xtians- backsliders!

but u won't get that from me...

apparently, studies show that rather than mellow with age, we tend to become more conservative as we age, less tolerant and less open to change and new ideas, so to me it's interesting to see so many ppl report they feel they have mellowed as they have aged...
I consider myself to be what others call a liberal Christian...I don't consider myself a liberal Christian...I believe Christ would be quite pleased with my thoughts and understandings of Christianity...I believe my thoughts will be mainstream Christianity in the next few hundred years...I think I am fairly conservative in my beliefs...however mainstream currently doesn't see it that way.
You said the X word!!!! :eek:
Not speaking for anyone but I Xcept that as Xceptional and Xpect it from Francis as not derogatory in any way shape or manner.

I believe Christ would be quite pleased with my thoughts and understandings of Christianity.

And mine!

Not speaking for anyone but I Xcept that as Xceptional and Xpect it from Francis as not derogatory in any way shape or manner.

Yeah... Kind of picking fun at the people that get all antsy in their pantsy when someone types that word..... Shame on me I know.

I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise
I know that you have 'cause there's magic in my eyes

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles
Oh yeah

If you think that I don't know about the little tricks you've played
And never see you when deliberately you put things in my way

Well, here's a poke at you
You're gonna choke on it too
You're gonna lose that smile
Because all the while

I can see for miles and miles
Oh yeah

The Eiffel Tower and the Taj Mahal are mine to see on clear days
You thought that I would need a crystal ball to see right through the haze

Well, here's a poke at you
You're gonna choke on it too
You're gonna lose that smile
Because all the while

And miles and miles and miles and miles

The jokes on you .. You just dont realize it yet.

Gods not the one laughing either :(

The joke is on me? lol... Nice. I'll join in with that chuckle.... Sad the day a person cannot laugh at themselves..... gods not laughing?! Who is? You mean Satan? Of course he is laughing ;/ we hang out all the time and have a laugh.

"Just another day, When all that I want.. Will mark me as a sinner tonight.... AH AH I'm a sinner tonight, yeah..."

The jokes on you .. You just dont realize it yet.

Gods not the one laughing either :(

I am sorry... if this is maybe a little curt... but...

How do you know?? Are you presuming to speak for god??

If anyone is laughing it should be all of us at ourselves... or perhaps we should be crying... for having arguments on the theological and spiritual impact of abbreviating words...

While there is a world full of need...

Yes I am pointing the finger at myself as well...

I am sorry... if this is maybe a little curt... but...

How do you know?? Are you presuming to speak for god??

If anyone is laughing it should be all of us at ourselves... or perhaps we should be crying... for having arguments on the theological and spiritual impact of abbreviating words...

While there is a world full of need...

Yes I am pointing the finger at myself as well...

First off.. you are new here so you dont understand the months upons months of dialogue we have been involved in. I understand.. you walk into a conversation and you only hear part of it... it leaves you at a disadvantage.

Secondly, Its as plain as this.

According to the bible I am a priest and minister of the Most High God.. this I take VERY seriously. I stand on the authority of the scriptures If I need to give you scripture to show you that Jesus said the world would hate Him then please let me know. The name of my Lord Jesus is being replaced with an X and the commandments of My God are being removed from the buildings..and His HOLY name is used as a curse word in this generation.. That offends me greatly and I know it offends My God because my bible says that God HATES sin.

You have been on here short time and you talk about all this need for material items because people are lacking them..

Dont you know that God provides all that we need??

I stand on scripture and say that people need the water of life not food in their belly and someone to pat them on their bottoms and tell them that they are safe because God is love??? I do not agree with that and I ask that you not shut me up because you believe differently. You feed them lies and I feed them the truth which is Jesus Christ.

Do we understand each other?

The name of my Lord Jesus is being replaced with an X.
As has been discovered the X has been used for centuries, long before you were born or reborn, and quite possibly it predates Jesus being called the Christ.
and the commandments of My God are being removed from the buildings..
Always love the Your G-d aspect of this, and we know why they are being removed, because the courts of this Christian land have deemed that they be removed. ie that supreme court that sits and puts its hand on the bible to uphold our constitution has taken them out.
and His HOLY name is used as a curse word in this generation..
Again you dance and prance like this is something new...I wonder why there exists a commandment against it?? Could it be because it has been used as a curse for over 3,000 years?? For 2,000 years the name Jesus has been used as both an epithat and a blessing.
That offends me greatly and I know it offends My God because my bible says that God HATES sin.
Again this personal G-d of yours amazes me not G-d and the bible, but My G-d and my bible. Now I admire your personal relationship with G-d, but you don't corner the market.
I'm thinking that we liberals are one of those things G-d has provided for you. And if you are worried about those folks that find their way to this board and find blasephemy and herecy of this liberal forum section, give them a modicum of credit. If they can type in a search engine, and click on a mouse for their research they can also see that this is the Liberal Christian Forum under Belief and Spirtuality...already in its little corner of the world...surely they will find their way to the proper Christian Forum sanctified amongst the Abrahamic Religions....of course heaven help them, they may find the Judaism or Muslim discussions more to their liking as the that G-d hating fire and brimstone sometimes has the same affect as a bounced email.
I stand on scripture and say that people need the water of life not food in their belly and someone to pat them on their bottoms and tell them that they are safe because God is love??? I do not agree with that and I ask that you not shut me up because you believe differently. You feed them lies and I feed them the truth which is Jesus Christ.
Funny that, many churches must not provide enough water of life...as they try to get the people in, or get them to stay longer by providing food for their belly...hmmm. Sure wouldn't want anyone to think G-d is love would we, Blasphemy, G-d is Hate, Vengence, and indiscrimately sending folks to hell, Glory be to the Father tell the Truth Sister, don't let him shut you up with those lies about Jesus and forgiveness...that sinner.

I think you were quite clear. And they will soon be coming in droves to listen to the good news!

As has been discovered the X has been used for centuries, long before you were born or reborn, and quite possibly it predates Jesus being called the Christ.

yes and its interesting that its so prevalent in these end-times. The world murdered the apostles of Christ because they wouldnt denounce Him.. neither will I.

Always love the Your G-d aspect of this, and we know why they are being removed, because the courts of this Christian land have deemed that they be removed. ie that supreme court that sits and puts its hand on the bible to uphold our constitution has taken them out.

Oh stop twisting the truth.. they do it in response to the people.

ACLJ • American Center for Law & Justice

Read a few of those articles.

Again you dance and prance like this is something new...I wonder why there exists a commandment against it?? Could it be because it has been used as a curse for over 3,000 years?? For 2,000 years the name Jesus has been used as both an epithat and a blessing

And dont you think its interesting that people dont use Buddha or Mohammed the same way? Hmm must mean the bible could be the truth? :)

I'm thinking that we liberals are one of those things G-d has provided for you. And if you are worried about those folks that find their way to this board and find blasephemy and herecy of this liberal forum section, give them a modicum of credit. If they can type in a search engine, and click on a mouse for their research they can also see that this is the Liberal Christian Forum under Belief and Spirtuality...already in its little corner of the world...surely they will find their way to the proper Christian Forum sanctified amongst the Abrahamic Religions....of course heaven help them, they may find the Judaism or Muslim discussions more to their liking as the that G-d hating fire and brimstone sometimes has the same affect as a bounced email

You have no problems posting your heresy's on Christianity so whats good for the goose must be good for the gander eh? lol

Funny that, many churches must not provide enough water of life...as they try to get the people in, or get them to stay longer by providing food for their belly...hmmm. Sure wouldn't want anyone to think G-d is love would we, Blasphemy, G-d is Hate, Vengence, and indiscrimately sending folks to hell, Glory be to the Father tell the Truth Sister, don't let him shut you up with those lies about Jesus and forgiveness...that sinner.

There you go twisting my words around again.. your lord taught you well.

Again this personal G-d of yours amazes me not G-d and the bible, but My G-d and my bible. Now I admire your personal relationship with G-d, but you don't corner the market.

and exactly why does this bother you? I stand firm in the belief that you and I dont worship the same God.

First off.. you are new here so you dont understand the months upons months of dialogue we have been involved in. I understand.. you walk into a conversation and you only hear part of it... it leaves you at a disadvantage.

Secondly, Its as plain as this.

According to the bible I am a priest and minister of the Most High God.. this I take VERY seriously. I stand on the authority of the scriptures If I need to give you scripture to show you that Jesus said the world would hate Him then please let me know. The name of my Lord Jesus is being replaced with an X and the commandments of My God are being removed from the buildings..and His HOLY name is used as a curse word in this generation.. That offends me greatly and I know it offends My God because my bible says that God HATES sin.

You have been on here short time and you talk about all this need for material items because people are lacking them..

Hello FS,

I did not attempt to shut you up... had I wanted to shut you up I would not have responded to your post...

It also does not matter when I started posting here... I read your post in the context of the thread... and I have read many of your older posts before I posted my response...

You are absolutely free to believe whatever you would like... you are completely entitled to your opinion... but all it is is your opinion... and your interpretation... and thankfully we all do not have to answer for your opinion...

I was simply challenging your opinion with one of my own... and a question...

I dont recall reading anywhere in the bible that god asked us to post his commandments on the walls of buildings... nor does it say anywhere that we should be upset or offended if they are removed...

The X stand for Χριστος... which is greek for christ... it has been abbreviated that way for almost 1000 years... and if you were really trying to keep his holy name holy... you would not type it at all... or possibly even speak it... as was tradition in old testament times...

As far as taking care of needs... perhaps you ought to keep reading some of the other verses of the bible... since you are standing on the authority of the scriptures... i think the book of acts and the book of james are considered scripture as well...

Thats where you will find the stuff about taking care of the widows and the children... and your neighbors and such...

Oh... also read 1st John... there is a lot of good stuff in there about LOVE... like god being love... and you dont really know god unless you love... etc... and I think those 2 books fall under your umbrella of scripture...

"You feed them lies and I feed them the truth which is Jesus Christ."

If trying love others unconditionally is feeding them lies... then you are right... I am feeding them lies...

If the truth that you are feeding others is similar to the truth you are attempting to feed me... well... it seems to have a bitter taste...

i would prefer the bread of life...

Peace & Love

Oh stop twisting the truth.. they do it in response to the people.
Yes this is a democratic republic we live in not and the people do have a say...I twist nothing.
And dont you think its interesting that people dont use Buddha or Mohammed the same way? Hmm must mean the bible could be the truth? :)
No it means that this is a primarily Christian nation and folks get their panties in a wad when someone pushes their buttons. In a Bhuddist nation or a Muslim nation when folks demean, belittle or utilize these words it works as well...however the words that work on you don't work on them. And most of those that use this kind of epithat are those that were trained in their youth that it was one...ie raised in Christian families.
You have no problems posting your heresy's on Christianity so whats good for the goose must be good for the gander eh? lol
Again, I have no issues. We are welcoming, put your feet up, stay as long as you like.
There you go twisting my words around again.. your lord taught you well.
please explain how I twisted your words, as I don't believe I did. Simply name calling does not a rebuttal make. Btw, my teacher is my elder brother and wayshower Jesus Christ, but you knew that, I'm surprised at your comments regarding Him though, it is not in your character
I stand firm in the belief that you and I dont worship the same God.
So there is more than one G-d? That is not in my belief system, I didn't think you believed in multiple gods. If you believe in only one G-d than how could anyone worship another? I mean I could understand you saying that the G-d I believe in doesn't exist, you know the forgiving, loving one. But I can't understand you indicating that I believe in one G-d and you accept that, and you believe in another...I wouldn't do that, that would be twisting your words.

Back