Will it count?

oops better clarify its not a hellfire and brimstone message its just our church teaches the bible all the way through every verse and chapter and revelation just happened to speak on hell... so my pastor did a "everything you didnt want to know about hell" sermon

Its not doctrine.. its one of those things that you hope you dont see first hand but when you die all knowledge is yours. I dont plan on finding out for myself but its kind of amazing that the bible predates any modern science and yet spoke of things that we are just recently discovering.
It's probably my biblical and scientific ignorance but I don't know what things you are referring to, would you give me a few examples.
Faithfulservant said:
There are cases of negative NDE where people claim to descend into the earth into hell rather than ascend into heaven. My pastor did a sermon on it if you are interested I'll link it to you.
Yeah, please. Although I should say that I'm not sure I buy into Near Death Experiences, whether positive or negative.

The book of Job is a wonderful example of what I mean.. I believe because of what the bible says that every myth has a foundation of truth.. thats what makes Jesus so amazing because His story hasnt changed in 2000 years whereas other myths have.

The book of Job describes dinosaurs and dragons.. and they didnt exist 2 million years ago either.. Leviathans and behemoths.

Psalm 8:8 And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.

Ships use these currents to save on gas. I'll let you listen to the sermon and you'll see what I meant about science and hell.. My pastor also did a couple sermons on Genesis where he went into detail about the Science and creation and God as Creator.. Its on the same page I will link to you if your curious.

Mission Valley Christian Fellowship

The hell one is titled Everything you never wanted to know about hell under Revelation the date is 11/20/05

The Genesis ones are all the ones titled "In the beginning" They are awesome :)

If I choose heaven just because I'm afraid of hell?

Isn't that thought interesting? Those many years, decades, blah ago... That saw this hell as a more real thing, chose god out of fear of the other and such... You would think that wouldn't cut it..... I start a war agaisn't someone and Cav you join me cause you know the others are going to lose... That is the main reason... But dick and harry join because they know what I stand for is the Tommy Rollocks! :D They would be seen as loyal... Cav, you've joined me because you don't want to be punished like the losers will be... That's not out of love is it... Thats just being a coward ;/ I can't see how that would count... But, meh what do I know.

Back