What will WE be Like in Heaven?

You know how little children have so much fun doing the most basic and mudane of things?

Well I was wondering today, as to how Heaven will be like for eternity. Here on Earth we get used to things so they arent' as entertaining anymore and don't excite us as much. (Well, aside from the fact that an Infinate God probably can't get boring :p )

Now in the Gospel, some children came up to Jesus and he said "The kingodm of Heaven belongs to such as these." And I believe somehwere else (or another translation) he says that "unless you have the heart of a child you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven."

I suppose God will make us similar to children in that regard in heaven. That we have a blast doing anything and everything. Plus we will be with God while we do it, too :D

I can see it now.... I shall be a disco diva... And I will do the funky chicken with jesus, Elvis and the jive bunny... Ahhh thats living.
Yes and we shall eat the finest food but never poo; there will be wonderful music and art, but no Marilyn Manson or Playboy; endless eternity without boredom; zzz.... zzz.... zzz....

My Sci Fi side now kicks in, for I am not so naive to think that there is no possibility that we are alone in this vast universe. And that God might have created life on some other world somewhere in the Cosmos. Certainly, God can do whatever He wants, right? All things are possible.

Suppose for a moment that He did. Would it be too out of line to think that perhaps another world could be populated creature made in the likeness of God, and that they are experiencing the same kind of situation that we are in. Maybe with the same need for salvation and restorations we need. And that He has need of angelic beings, "sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation" in that world. And what if He uses us as ministering spirits.

Farfetched. Maybe. But what else are we made for but to love others, giving drink to the thirsty, and encouragement to the hurting. Most of the descriptions of angels show them in human form, such as when Jacob wrestled with one. Hebrews 13:2 tells us that we may inadvertently be entertaining angels unaware. Maybe strangers you've met we actually angels.

Are we not going to judge angels? (I Corinthians 6:3) Which angels? Well, I think fallen angels are already judged to the bottomless pit. And if God created angels in their current form, they are doing the perfect will of God anyway, so what's to judge.

However, if angels were once like us, then our judgement toward them would be a human judgement, of how well they ministered to us.

Just some food for thought. Eat at your discretion.

Interesting.

If we contemplate that we are one with the universe, each and every thing, I and the father are one... As an analogy imagine we are each cells in our body...and that when our OCD finger scratches our arm till it bleeds it is similar to a warring against other humans...or leaving an enviromental disaster area on our land....we just don't realize we are not only harming ourcellves but leaving a permanent scar and taking part in an action that could be long range detrimental to our being...

So in heaven...maybe WE will be able to identify ourselves as one...maybe we will be one until we decide to incarnate again in another universe or plane of existence...once we pass this earthly test...

Yep by some guy who said he was God.

As far as I know he didn't claim to be God per se, He claimed to mirror God in the same way Christ, Mohammed and Buddha etc. He said that they all carried fundamentals in there religious message which is universal and that religious and racial hate is pointless. He claimed to be Gods next messenger and that was one of his revelations.

Personally I think heaven is comprehensible, we live in materialism, so everything we see think and feel are part of materialism. Our resurrection in the next life will be non physical.

Do you think those who go to heaven will pull faces at those who thought they were going to heaven and be all like "nah nah I told you so!" ?

no, of course they won't say," nah, nah, I told you so!" instead,
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

that is what will be said, 17th Angel.

I should think with my heart instead of head??? Bit cheeky isn't it....

i know it is cliched, man, but it is the truth. this body we have right now is only temporary, but the soul is eternal. i don't think you understood correctly, don't think with the other head. lol

wooops. my bad. jeez, what kind of a world do we live in when a child knows that!

Well it's mostly jesus camp kids and stuff on here isn't it? Just strange that your comment wasn't in English... ;)

Then if as you two say... No one in heaven will be saying nah nah I told you so... Why bicker over minor points on Earth?

Leo, holmes ;) What you think of that point?

Well it's mostly jesus camp kids and stuff on here isn't it?

i have no idea if kids are actually being kids or if there are kids actually looking for the truth.

Leo, holmes ;) What you think of that point?

I agree that we shouldn't bicker at all. like i said, we are just passing thru. people have a major problem if they are content with this life on this earth. i will have you know that i am not content with this place. i don't care how happy or rich i am (even, though i am not) here. God, will destroy all this way of living to make room for His Kingdom.

The other thing that makes me curious then... If when they go to heaven, they are there all content, but then god looks down and invites more to come... and the world as we know it gets eliminated, why is the point in preaching work? Who is more likley going to convince people to believe in god and go to heaven... A human interupting your life and knocking on your front door at the most annoying time possible... or this almighty being popping his head down from the clouds?

The other thing that makes me curious then... If when they go to heaven, they are there all content, but then god looks down and invites more to come... and the world as we know it gets eliminated, why is the point in preaching work? Who is more likley going to convince people to believe in god and go to heaven... A human interupting your life and knocking on your front door at the most annoying time possible... or this almighty being popping his head down from the clouds?

you must be talking about jws or mormons. from what i have learned is that they are going about it completely wrong because His Spirit isn't guiding them. when the Spirit is guiding you, God will put people in your path so that you can give them God's message. i can assure you the Spirit is constantly moving, everyday 24/7, not just on saturday morning. and let me ask you a question, sinner to sinner, man to man, if the Almighty actually appeared right in front of you, would you honestly leave your life behind to follow Him, namely die for Him, live for Him, give His message to the poor, oppressed, widowed, orphaned. i will have you know that i would. even if i don't have to see Him, even though i do see Him. i would leave this life behind, because i know in my heart that all of this is just temporary.

Back