What will WE be Like in Heaven?

I meant knowledge can be used to deny wisdom.

My apologies.

no need to apologize. i knew exactly what you meant the first time. worldly knowledge has, does, and will deny knowledge of God. knowledge of worldly things like art and science do hinder us to come closer to our Father in heaven and is the devils means to distract us. but mankind will see that the Almighty Himself will put to shame mankinds so-called knowledge. we must walk with Him, always. seek His wisdom. so, yes, i agree with you, pattimax.

no need to apologize. i knew exactly what you meant the first time. worldly knowledge has, does, and will deny knowledge of God. knowledge of worldly things like art and science do hinder us to come closer to our Father in heaven and is the devils means to distract us. but mankind will see that the Almighty Himself will put to shame mankinds so-called knowledge. we must walk with Him, always. seek His wisdom. so, yes, i agree with you, pattimax.

I apolgized because the words came out wrong, but it is so good to know you can understand my thoughts

... I think.:)

Haven't had the pleasure of a wet one, yet.
I suspect cave diving is alot like heaven. No idea what is around the next bend, the deeper you go the more you learn, and there is the excitement of exploring with the assurance of "air" on your back. Of course in heaven you wouldn't worry about running out of air...:eek: :rolleyes: :D

I don't think so Leo. I think they get caught up in self importance. Remember Human ahHAAAs are very loud and sporadic. Godly ahaaahs are very quiet and constant. Science is a tool, not to take the place of the conscience of a man. Wisdom is not knowledge, though knowledge is gained through wisdom, and wisdom is gained through knowledge...they are of themselves seperate and different.

The world loves knowledge, but can be clueless on wisdom...I think you and i would agree on this point.

v/r

Joshua

the world is very messed up, right? being in the 6th day makes much more sense than accepting that we are living in the 7th day, being blessed and all, and Him resting when there is still much work to do with His Spirit constantly moving around, and prophecies to be fullfilled. He is not resting yet, man.

So you would put down the state of the Earth to god has left work unfinished? Yet he claimed it was all good? You sure it wouldn't be seen as Sin that has caused all this mess? Also as I said on Gen 2:2 god goes onto the next day the seventh... Would he leave his work unfishined and in a mess...

You still there Angel?

Anyway, no it's the other way round. We don't go to heaven. Heaven comes to earth. Remember "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth..."? You don't live forever, neither do I. We do. The human race, that is. People always read "we" and "us" in the bible and think it means just them.

I have to go home now. Bye.

That is basically what I was saying... I said that it shows we were meant to live on Earth, so this is supposed to be our heaven right? One day that judgement day may come who knows ;)

Last edited:
Que? No sexy ladies? That ain't heaven ;/ Oh and if my dog isn't welcome I wouldn't want to go in either!
maybe you feel like this because you are not one of the chosen ones to go to heaven , but rather one of the ones that could have the hope to inherit the earth. i am looking forward to living in a paradise earth with a flesh and blood body , not a spiritual body like the little flock of 144,000 will have in heaven. i would rather be on the earth . so i am trying to be like this verse in psalm 37; 29
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,​
And they will reside forever upon it.................. being righteous in Gods eyes is the way to go , then we can have great blessing down here on the earth

I wasn't being 100% serious on that post, my apologies, but in regards to the quote you gave from the bible, that indeed shows, again my theory and many others from reading this book, man wasn't built for heaven.
yes i agree man was created for the earth
Jehovah purposed for man on the earth. And if obedient, man was never to die. Earth was not merely a proving ground to be used as a springboard to heavenly existence for man.
"But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."—Ps. 37:11

I wasn't being 100% serious on that post, my apologies, but in regards to the quote you gave from the bible, that indeed shows, again my theory and many others from reading this book, man wasn't built for heaven.

Psalm 37 was written for the finite period of time you would be on earth. (I think David wrote it to proclaim the heritage of the righteous when Saul was after him- not exactly sure what the dilemma was at the time.)

You are absolutely right. Man (in his present form) is not built for heaven. That's what earth is for. (You know, sifting the wheat from the chaff.)

An interesting tidbit...

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C S Lewis​

Maybe the real question then is what do people desire heaven to be? Imagine a person arrives at a gate, unaware of whether it is heaven or hell, and is asked... "What do you desire heaven to be like?"

Author of "Dune"? Indeed, did he ever say so? That would be very interesting.

v/r

joshua

Do you also see the similarities?? I read somewhere that he may have been raised a catholic but converted to zen buddhism. There are a couple of really good essays I found on his issues with the US and its treatment of the land. Im not sure what he was thinking but its one of my very favorite series.

Well, then in all honesty your god is pointless... What the hell is the point in putting so much effort into making such a great world... Then sending these beings to his realm... It makes no sense. So many holes in this religion ;/

Maybe the real question then is what do people desire heaven to be? Imagine a person arrives at a gate, unaware of whether it is heaven or hell, and is asked... "What do you desire heaven to be like?"
yes this is the problem , people do just have their own understanding about things, and not what the bible really teaches. so most people just base there beliefs on their own imagination.with some manmade traditions from religious leaders added on to it . and worshiping God in spirit and truth is not their desire , but they prefer their own desire instead. but the question is will this lead to everlasting life, or will it lead to nowhere?

Back