Did You Go

In the military chain of command it is claimed that authority is delegated but responsibility is not delegated. For instance if the command is given, "Board that boat and kill everyone on board," the authority to do so is given but allegedly the military commanders are responsible for the actions of their sub-ordinates. The leaders will try to claim responsibility with their words... do they really? Before God?

In the military it is possible for a commander to look out for "his men"... but on the day that the off order comes, will he place the welfare of "his sheep" above those orders? In the military the orders have priority.

No unlawful or unauthorized order may be given or carried out. With authority comes much responsibility. Much like the family heirarchy. Any leader who does not adhere to the UCMJ and the Constitution of the United States (in my case), is derelict in duties.

Any mother or father who do not adhere to the Laws of God, in raising their family are also derelict in their duties.

Oh, and one other thing, when the oath of military office is taken, the final part of that oath is sworn to an even higher power than the leaders of the nation.

The words are "so help me God".

The actual comission that is granted goes like this:

To all who shall see these presents, greeting:
Know Ye, that reposing special trust and confidence in the patriotism, valor, fidelity and abilities of (G. I. Joe), I do appoint this Officer to the grade of (what rank is appointed) in the United States (service in question) to rank as such from the First day of (month), in the year (as noted). This Officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto belonging.

And I do strictly charge and require those Officers and other personnel of lesser rank to render such obedience as is due and officer of this grade and position. And this Officer is to observe and follow such orders and directions, from time to time, as may be given by me, or the future President of the United States of America, or other Superior Officers acting in accordance with the laws of the United States of America.

This commission is to continue in force during the pleasure of the President of the United States of America, for the time being, under the provisions of those Public Laws relating to Officers of the Armed Forces of the United States of America and the Component thereof in which this appointment is made.

Done at the City of Washington, this First day of (month) in the year of our Lord (as noted), and of the Independence of the United States of America, the two hundredth and (number) year.

By the President:

Thank you Q for making my point in proud bold words. As you demonstrate, the command is assigned as an order from above instead of chosen by the ranks. It would be like a president elected by the former president... but then we'd call him a King or a Dictator. That non-democratic heirarchy is a defunct system that results in not one, not ten, not a hundred, but in every war on the face of the planet. I'm not saying the US military causes every war, but that war is a conflict fought by someone's military. Sadly a single man is given the single decision to effect millions of peoples lives without so much as a VOTE FROM EITHER COUNTRY.

For example, in Iraq: Troops are there to serve Iraq? Then hold a nationwide vote of Iraqis on whether to keep the troops there. Then DO as the people of Iraq command... because the military is sure as hell not taking orders from the American public.

Thank you Q for making my point in proud bold words. As you demonstrate, the command is assigned as an order from above instead of chosen by the ranks. It would be like a president elected by the former president... but then we'd call him a King or a Dictator. That non-democratic heirarchy is a defunct system that results in not one, not ten, not a hundred, but in every war on the face of the planet. I'm not saying the US military causes every war, but that war is a conflict fought by someone's military. Sadly a single man is given the single decision to effect millions of peoples lives without so much as a VOTE.

For example, in Iraq: Troops are there to serve Iraq? Then hold a nationwide vote of Iraqis on whether to keep the troops there. Do as the people of Iraq command.

You know something, you are peach. This is all an exercise to you isn't it? You have no stake in Iraq...well I do (have personal stake in Iraq). Very VERY personal stake in Iraq. So I don't express myself lightly about hierarchy (military or familial). Nor do I toss crass garbage around about how bad the military is in reality...because I know better than you on that issue.

A vote was held. The governement was elected. We were asked not to leave. The big mouth insurgents and despots want us gone, not the majority who dyed their fingers purple despite the threats to their well being.

Your anarchist themes are well noted. Come up with an answer to the "problem". I'm all ears.

I'm not telling you what to do or how to run your life. I'm simply pointing out what the scriptures have to say on the matter. Why are you trying to project your contention onto me when confronted with scriptures? I have no problem with a man possessing self-control, a fruit of the Spirit, exercising his authority. Such authority is beneficial. {Remember, the head of man is God.} I do have a problem with someone who has no self-control exercising authority over others. Such authority is harmful, and the lack of self-control demonstrates that God is not the head of that authority.

Anyone wielding authority without restraint in a harmful way to those in my household has to deal with me.

you keep telling me i have no self control because my flesh lusts for women. so i take it your flesh isn't corrupted AT ALL, right?
Romans 7 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
but i guess, you are righteous, no? :rolleyes:
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
and me? just weak and filthy, right?
II Corinthians 12 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
as i mentioned before, don't be self righteous for it is written:
Ecclesiastes 7:16 Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?
and don't worry, seattlegal, i wont be overwicked either on my part, for why would i want to die early? i have a beautiful family that God gave me. i know that i have already lusted in my heart and that it is no different if i were to actually commit adultery, but what would God have me do? repent for my sins and ask Christ that when His Kingdom sets in, to remember this filthy animal. to at least remember me. if you can't see that, then you are amongst those that that :Romans 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day." because i keep telling you over and over and you still won't see the log in your eye so that you can help me take out mine. hope to hear from you soon, woman.

Last edited:
You know something, you are peach. This is all an exercise to you isn't it? You have no stake in Iraq...well I do (have personal stake in Iraq). Very VERY personal stake in Iraq. So I don't express myself lightly about hierarchy (military or familial). Nor do I toss crass garbage around about how bad the military is in reality...because I know better than you on that issue.

A vote was held. The governement was elected. We were asked not to leave. The big mouth insurgents and despots want us gone, not the majority who dyed their fingers purple despite the threats to their well being.

Your anarchist themes are well noted. Come up with an answer to the "problem". I'm all ears.
Anarchist? I promote democracy... a vote needs to taken directly of all Iraqi people specifically on whether the American military is to leave or to stay. Don't tell me what the Iraqi people think... you don't know. I wish to hear from Iraq. Also, lets see a nationwide VOTE in America and let the American public judge the performance of their own tax dollars and the achievements of their government / military in Iraq.

"The children will be their judges."

Matthew 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

why be troubled, these things must come to pass.

Anarchist? I promote democracy... a vote needs to taken directly of all Iraqi people specifically on whether the American military is to leave or to stay. Don't tell me what the Iraqi people think... you don't know. I wish to hear from Iraq. Also, lets see a nationwide VOTE in America and let the American public judge the performance of their own tax dollars and the achievements of their government / military in Iraq.

"The children will be their judges."

The only disgrace...

The only disgrace...
There are some pictures and videos of disgrace out there in case you are missing out.

LeoSalinas22 said:
why be troubled, these things must come to pass.
Well I see trouble in some family values expressed. The hierarchy of the military and the hierarchy of some families are very similar... kind of like the Mob. Even a ruler like Saddam Hussein relied on some strong notions of family values.

Maybe somewhat from a personal story: My wife and I once had a couple over for dinner who I would say were Christian fundamentalists. The guy had an issue because I did not sit at the head of the table and he was telling me how a Man really had to take control of a family... during this Manly conversation my wife was finishing dinner. I think it was before dinner that it was determined the music was not Christian enough, and after dinner his wife feels sick in part because a painting reminded her of Lesbianism. Then the guy pulls out a gun. He pulls out a gun from his belt sack and waves it around while carrying on with his lecture of how a man has got to take control and protect a family... it seemed like some kind of a justification for the recent purchase of his toy and an opportunity to show it off. What was interesting was that his wife allegedly had a dominative military father and she had very negative viewpoints from that relationship. Anyhow, we had little interest in conversation with them after that. Bringing a gun into our home without telling us was offensive... seemed like a bit of David Koresh in the guy.

Anyhow some things you said remind me of that guy... he probably quoted the same verse you did to justify his belief that essentially male hormones or genitals somehow rule over women. I see it as much a farce as whites ruling over blacks, the smart over the dumb, the managers over the workers, the government over the people, the parents over the children.... or in each case vice-versa. The issue is simply whether one person rules over the other. I do not even rule over my children. For all I know, my children are older than I am.

you keep telling me i have no self control because my flesh lusts for women. so i take it your flesh isn't corrupted AT ALL, right?
Romans 7 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
but i guess, you are righteous, no? :rolleyes:
Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
and me? just weak and filthy, right?
II Corinthians 12 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
as i mentioned before, don't be self righteous for it is written:
Ecclesiastes 7:16 Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?
and don't worry, seattlegal, i wont be overwicked either on my part, for why would i want to die early? i have a beautiful family that God gave me. i know that i have already lusted in my heart and that it is no different if i were to actually commit adultery, but what would God have me do? repent for my sins and ask Christ that when His Kingdom sets in, to remember this filthy animal. to at least remember me. if you can't see that, then you are amongst those that that :Romans 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day." because i keep telling you over and over and you still won't see the log in your eye so that you can help me take out mine. hope to hear from you soon, woman.
All good things to keep in mind. I apologize if you were offended by the scriptures. Peace.

Maybe somewhat from a personal story: My wife and I once had a couple over for dinner who I would say were Christian fundamentalists. The guy had an issue because I did not sit at the head of the table and he was telling me how a Man really had to take control of a family... during this Manly conversation my wife was finishing dinner. I think it was before dinner that it was determined the music was not Christian enough, and after dinner his wife feels sick in part because a painting reminded her of Lesbianism. Then the guy pulls out a gun. He pulls out a gun from his belt sack and waves it around while carrying on with his lecture of how a man has got to take control and protect a family... it seemed like some kind of a justification for the recent purchase of his toy and an opportunity to show it off. What was interesting was that his wife allegedly had a dominative military father and she had very negative viewpoints from that relationship. Anyhow, we had little interest in conversation with them after that. Bringing a gun into our home without telling us was offensive... seemed like a bit of David Koresh in the guy.

I'd have asked to see his gun... Then pistol whipped him in the face a few times and kicked him out on his arse.... You must have some patience and a way of holding your tounge... I have no tolerance for people telling me my business under my own roof ;/ I guess you don't see them any more?

geez, cyber, that is one messed up story. how you would keep calm is beyond me, because i would never let some idiot be in my home with a gun and my children there as well. anyways, my condolences go out to you and i understand your point of view, and i would never force my wife to do anything against her will, let alone with a gun. if that dude's wife gets off on guns well that is their issue, but me? i hate guns. anyone who depends on one is a coward and isn't man enough to fight hand to hand, man to man. i don't care how "safe" they have made the world through man's meaningless blood wars. you are cool in my book, man!

It makes them, a person with a gun.

--Edit--

Why do people blame objects for human error or mistake or whatever...

You walk into a coffee table, you blame the coffee table... It's always been there. It's YOU that has made error....

A kid played some computer game then shot a bunch of other kids.... It wasn't the game... It was HIM.

ok, now you are being sarcastic, man. lol. give me a nice katana blade and a nice countrywide setting with nice big trees and birds chirping in the background and a worthy sword weilding, ninja opponent.

Back