Good movies on Religion

LMAO Wil,my keyboard is black so I cant use that 1.

But keyboard rage is futile. So best I just ignore the self-imortant loop-tape.
we interupt this post for an important bulletin....
the colour of your keyboard is an indication of the aomunt of steroids contained in the plastic, the darker the keyboard the more ingredients in common with steroids...
must be a melatin, melanin, melatonin, melamine thing...I'm mad that I'm getting sleepy...

we interupt this post for an important bulletin....must be a melatin, melanin, melatonin, melamine thing...I'm mad that I'm getting sleepy...

lol, think i should wear latex gloves when typing then?

Well, getting back to the subject of this thread, I also wish to say that Rocky is a spiritual film, even though there is no religious element in it.

Spirituality doesn't need religion to manifest itself.

And Rocky Balboa, who fights for his dignity and self-respect against the world champion Apollo Creed, and goes the full fifteen rounds in the ring , in spite of the intense punishment he got from his superior adversary, shows the human spirit dominating matter and rising above limitations in all its glory.

While reading this , envisage the soundtrack of Rocky, the Italian Stallion.

Dondi said:
I have a few:....Godspell, Jesus Christ Superstar
(I liked the soundtracks of the latter two, but was rather perturbed when someone pointed out that neither one of these films featured the Resurrection.:confused: :( )

Perturbed that someone pointed out, that you didn't notice, or that it wasn't included? You put them on the list so you still recommend them now...and evidently you really liked them before it was pointed out...

I was rather young when I first saw/heard them, around 9 or 10. I wasn't at that point skilled in the discernment of biblical accuracy, but I liked the music. It was only in camp several years later while me and this girl were singing "Everything is Alright" that a camp counselor asserted that JCSS and Godspell were satanic because it didn't include the resurrection in either of them. :rolleyes: I still like the music anyway.

Actually, I rented out Godspell recently and it actually follows the book of Matthew in lyric form rather accurately. I was more perturbed at a scene where they are dancing in top of one of the then unfinished towers of the World Trade Center. Just struck me odd, what with the steel construction clearly seen and bringing images of it all in rubble after 9/11.

JCSS doesn't move me the same way. It seems to portray Jesus as confused and paranoid. Still the songs are pretty cool for an Andrew Lloyd Webber composition.

Ohhhh your heroes have something in common!! Both Ghandi and Stallone were masogynistic wife-beaters.

Gandhi in The Handmaid’s Tale: Ideas & Identities of India Pakistan

Gandhi had indeed tried to dominate his wife ,when he was young, but not in a violent way. And he later himself admitted this publicly, and acknowledged his wife as his better half , his source of strength and loved her deeply.

Stallone indeed has masochistic tendencies, due to an abusive childhood, however he was not at all sadistic, and had not hurt his wives, though they divorced him. Anyway he is pretty settled now with his wife and 5 children and is contented .

Gandhi had indeed tried to dominate his wife ,when he was young, but not in a violent way. And he later himself admitted this publicly, and acknowledged his wife as his better half , his source of strength and loved her deeply.

Stallone indeed has masochistic tendencies, due to an abusive childhood, however he was not at all sadistic, and had not hurt his wives, though they divorced him. Anyway he is pretty settled now with his wife and 5 children and is contented .

But this is you all over Niranjan. Excuses, excuses, excuses for those you call your heroes. But utter condemnation and a refusal to even listen to anyone who does not listen to your already preconcieved cut-n-paste ideology. Sorry. It dont wash. I seen it 100 times b4 and i'm never impressed.

a camp counselor asserted that JCSS and Godspell were satanic
isn't it amazing...yes when they came out they were both lauded and villified simultaneously...one group complaining too much religion in art and the other complaining no room for that kind of art in religion...one group saying how it created an opening for so many more to explore the inside of a church and the other saying it was work of the devil...you sure can't please everyone...

But this is you all over Niranjan. Excuses, excuses, excuses for those you call your heroes..

No one is perfect, and they themselves have acknowledged this.

But utter condemnation and a refusal to even listen to anyone who does not listen to your already preconcieved cut-n-paste ideology.

And which is my cut-n-paste ideology.

Sorry. It dont wash. I seen it 100 times b4 and i'm never impressed.

So what, did I ask your opinion.

fight club. That movie was deep. I didn't watch it for so long because I thought it was just about people getting together to fight. Now I've seen it though and it was fantastic. Also The Matrix. Was that mentioned yet?

Or Michael Jackson.

Who won't grow up.

I like Mikey as well. Cool dance steps in Thriller, you know the " Beat it" song.

Must say you look like a kid as well, judging from your profile next to your name.

Oh and Field of Dreams. I cry when I watch that. My dad does too, and he doesn't cry for much.

fight club. That movie was deep. I didn't watch it for so long because I thought it was just about people getting together to fight. Now I've seen it though and it was fantastic. Also The Matrix. Was that mentioned yet?
Yeh Dauer fight club was a great movie!! Reminds me of the gang wars we used to have here when I was a kid. Not like amrican gangs with blades etc. Here it was small local gangs who used to get together for 1 on 1 mass fights. There was a code of conduct that you only fought your predetermined opponent and there was no 'piling' allowed. So it was like a field full of kids in pairs fighting.
These small gangs would sometimes join forces for 'big' fights usually against other gangs from around the city but on 2 occasions I know of to fight The Red Berets who were stationed there and acted like they were a law unto themselves. This same unit was the one responsible for the infamous shooting of peace protesters in N.Ireland that we know as Bloody Sunday. And they got away with the murder of two local youths without any police investigation. On two occasions the friday night disco they used was 'ambushed' by this gang of about 80 youths who gave them a severe beating. On both occasions it took the Police hours to turn up and survey the aftermath. Very soon after that the Company of para's was re-stationed elsewhere. All this absolutely true but not one word of it in any newspaper.
Anyhow Fight Club was very enjoyable.

TE

The sixth sense. ( starring Bruce Willis and directed by Manoj Night Shyamalan.) One of the highest grossing films of all time.

Methinks the childhood isn't quite over.

lol... Funny as it is... I think he has a point... He said one small freaking joke, and that other guy, forget who, threw a ton of insults at him which I think was uncalled for...... He made one slight joke and the other person deemed it acceptable to get personal.......

Okay, let's try not to trade insults - and remember, just because some disses a favoured subject/celeb/etc it shouldn't be seen as a personal attack, thanks. :)

Back