billions of habitable planets

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Truly amazing times we live in.
Earth's solar system is far from unique and there could be billions of habitable planets.

The most recent planet discoveries bring the number of known exoplanets -- planets outside our solar system -- to 236, the researchers told a meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Honolulu Monday.

"We are beginning to see that our home is not a rarity in the universe," said Geoffrey Marcy, a professor of astronomy at the University of California Berkeley, who led the team.

"We are easily able to detect giant planets like Jupiter and Saturn around other stars. Most orbit far from the star like our own Jupiter and Saturn orbit from the sun," Marcy said in a telephone interview.

"It's a common structure among planetary systems."
...more

makes us wonder just what the true God has in store for us after he has fullfilled his original purpose for the earth. but first it would be best to go along with the true Gods purpose for this planet ,and then we will know, at a future time in the future. and it does say in the bible that there will be new scrolls or little books , ............. i wonder ...............

makes us wonder just what the true God has in store for us after he has fullfilled his original purpose for the earth. but first it would be best to go along with the true Gods purpose for this planet ,and then we will know, at a future time in the future. and it does say in the bible that there will be new scrolls or little books , ............. i wonder ...............
What makes you think that earth was the original purpose? We aren't the oldest of the planets....this one wasn't created first...

They say there will come a time where more 'earthlings' live off this planet than on it. I wonder what we'll call ourselves...African-American-Earthling-Martian??

What makes you think that earth was the original purpose? We aren't the oldest of the planets....this one wasn't created first...

They say there will come a time where more 'earthlings' live off this planet than on it. I wonder what we'll call ourselves...African-American-Earthling-Martian??

Maybe eventualy we will become Post Earth Orion Plieadian La-Grangian Earthlings !! Or "people" for short!!! Ahhhhhhh would'nt that be nice :)

Maybe eventualy we will become Post Earth Orion Plieadian La-Grangian Earthlings !! Or "people" for short!!! Ahhhhhhh would'nt that be nice :)
Gotta love it, backronyms are a favorite of mine... I was provided one the other day Highly Intelligent People Pursuing Interesting Experiences.

I hope if we ever get to that point we leave the mistakes we made on this planet behind.

Polution, radical fundamentalism, starvation, violence... all stuff we could hopefully work away from in a brand new place.

I hope if we ever get to that point we leave the mistakes we made on this planet behind.

Polution, radical fundamentalism, starvation, violence... all stuff we could hopefully work away from in a brand new place.

like..a planet each...and eternal life :D

this is the first to have humans on it , and to be made habitable , and Gods purpose is to have humans living forever on it , but at the momment satan has put a spanner in the works , and instead of living forever we are in a dieing state, romans 5;12 but the true God has got it all in hand to fullfill his original purpose for the earth . and we are right now well along into bible prophecy, and his purpose will be fullfilled. Then who knows what he might have in mind for those other planets , but that is for him to know, and for us to make sure we are around to find out.

make no mistake about it , it will not happen again. this planet will be sorted out good and proper and the issue of universal sovreignty will not come up again .

this is the first to have humans on it , and to be made habitable , and Gods purpose is to have humans living forever on it
Mee, just like when the church had to swallow that the earth was not the center of the solar system, and when they had to admit that the stars weren't stuck up in the firmament whirling around....standing on this kind of statement just forces you to eat crow later and those that follow to shrug their shoulders and say...well my new doomsday is XXXX despite the fact that my past 10 predictions are done and gone.

Mee, just like when the church had to swallow that the earth was not the center of the solar system, and when they had to admit that the stars weren't stuck up in the firmament whirling around....standing on this kind of statement just forces you to eat crow later and those that follow to shrug their shoulders and say...well my new doomsday is XXXX despite the fact that my past 10 predictions are done and gone.
yes as you say listening to false religion leads to downfall. sticking to the bible leads to everlasting life, and accurate knowledge . i am glad to say that i am no part of the false religion, i am out of her ........ revelation 18;4 along with a great crowd of others from all nations revelation 7;9-10

We read at 2 Peter 3:13: "There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell." ................... sorry i keep forgetting that this is not the christianity thread . gone

make no mistake about it , it will not happen again. this planet will be sorted out good and proper and the issue of universal sovreignty will not come up again .

Actually he's probably right. If I was being a cynic I'd point out that intersteller colonisation will probably take more resources than any single country or nation can muster, and it's unlikely that two groups manage to colonise the same planet at the same time. Chances are that each new planet will only be colonised by one world power (if there are seperate factions at the time) so they start from a point of total domination.
After any pesky natives have been suppressed of course.

Hmm. Sometimes I think I'm too cynical. :)

"They will all be taught by Jehovah."—JOHN 6:45.
He is the omniscient One, the all-knowing One, "the One telling from the beginning the finale."—Rom. 11:33, 34; Prov. 2:6; Isa. 46:10

All your sons will be persons taught by Jehovah, and the peace of your sons will be abundant." "I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk."—Ps. 32:8; Isa. 54:13; 48:17.

Back