The Gallery...

A friend back east sent me a picture of his front yard. It has no water. A bit of photoshop makes it look as though there's a lake or a bay.

It's called Stumpy Rumples. It's alluding to a chainsaw.

Attachments

• Stumpy-Rumples.jpg
    Stumpy-Rumples.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 330
A friend back east sent me a picture of his front yard. It has no water. A bit of photoshop makes it look as though there's a lake or a bay.

It's called Stumpy Rumples. It's alluding to a chainsaw.
Having spent hundreds of hours whacking trees with a chainsaw I somehow do not see the allusion, but do like the pic.

Been a little too stoned latley zombie-ing out alot lol... But still working on my graphic book... It's like neverending.... More information more plot... More characters keep seeming to barge their way in from the queues and crowds of my imagination... "scuse me... Coming through, had enough of waiting in here...." And there it goes yet another character..... lol Enjoying it but I wish I could clone myself or something to have a partner in crime to produce the project..... So.... Anyways... Hows all yous?

Was flown in to a remote oilfield town in the North to recoat a pool deck.
Nasty bit of work so needed a respirator for days and had lots of little brush work.
My tapestries tend to be on the large scale.

Attachments

• 100_0406.jpg
    100_0406.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 370
  • 100_0409.jpg
    100_0409.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_0426.jpg
    100_0426.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 100_0420.jpg
    100_0420.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_0422.jpg
    100_0422.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 335
Particle physics?

:confused:

What does it have to tell us? I'm confused, am I supposed to be confused?

I like your pic. I really like your style and the flowy, glowy, gauziness of it, and how the colors blend, and your choice of colors, and images.

Thumbs up! :)

So this pool deck was your design/install? Nice geometry.
Yes. thanks.
I installed the original spray acrylic concrete about 10 years ago and the work has stood up with no cracks (despite being installed over concrete with lots of fractures (thank god for anti-fracture membrane)):)
The urethane which was spec'd didn't stand up so well and discolored (but it did pretty well for the first 6 yrs), so I had to re-coat with a urethane based coating.
The grout lines were painted twice, the green as well and then touch ups.
Lots of 12 to 14 hour days.
I was going to add up all the measurements to see how long all the grout lines would be laid end to end (painted with a half inch brush and a squeeze bottle of coating), but didn't have time.

Particle physics?

:confused:

What does it have to tell us? I'm confused, am I supposed to be confused?

I like your pic. I really like your style and the flowy, glowy, gauziness of it, and how the colors blend, and your choice of colors, and images.

Thumbs up! :)
A photon is both a particle and a wave, and the waveform will collapse when you attempt to observe the particle.

Double-slit experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In quantum mechanics, the double-slit experiment (often referred to as Young's experiment) demonstrates the inseparability of the wave and particle natures of light and other quantum particles. A coherent light source illuminates a thin plate with two parallel slits cut in it, and the light passing through the slits strikes a screen behind them. The wave nature of light causes the light waves passing through both slits to interfere, creating an interference pattern of bright and dark bands on the screen. However, at the screen, the light is always found to be absorbed as discrete particles, called photons.[1][2]
If the light travels from the source to the screen as particles, then on the basis of a classical reasoning the number that strike any particular point on the screen is expected to be equal to the sum of those that go through the left slit and those that go through the right slit. In other words, according to classical particle physics the brightness at any point should be the sum of the brightness when the right slit is blocked and the brightness when the left slit is blocked. However, it is found that unblocking both slits makes some points on the screen brighter, and other points darker. This can only be explained by the alternately additive and subtractive interference of waves, not the exclusively additive nature of particles, so we know that light must have some particle-wave duality.[3]
Any modification of the apparatus that can determine which slit a photon passes through destroys the interference pattern,[3] illustrating the complementarity principle; that the light can demonstrate both particle and wave characteristics, but not both at the same time.[4][5][6]. However, an experiment performed in 1987[7] produced results that demonstrated that which-path information could be obtained without destroying the possibility of interference. This showed the effect of measurements that disturbed the particles in transit to a lesser degree and thereby influenced the interference pattern only to a comparable extent.
The double slit experiment can also be performed (using different apparatus) with particles of matter such as electrons with the same results, demonstrating that they also show particle-wave duality.

continued at link​

Another wow pic! I love that bright blue juxtaposed with all those soft colors! She looks so sad...

Your pics are so otherworldly, like seeing a moment or person from another reality through an ethereal veil...

It's very cool.

I feel bad for not havin anything to add... I gots to scan more pics!

Another wow pic! I love that bright blue juxtaposed with all those soft colors! She looks so sad...

Your pics are so otherworldly, like seeing a moment or person from another reality through an ethereal veil...

It's very cool.

I feel bad for not havin anything to add... I gots to scan more pics!
Yes, agreed.

Also, the color choices remind me of a dream I once had. It was of a mosaic on the ground, all of pastel colored rocks forming a head, with some sort of energy or light coming out of the top (not moving energy -- part of the mosaic). There was no face or tears, but the scene was a sort of melancholy and a similar color range to what you've got here. The smooth stones gave it softness, sort of like the strokes of her hair in Netti's painting are soft. The pastels arched around the head in multiple colored arches. That's all the dream was, too; just a still mosaic without motion and I don't remember much else except it was near a shoreline and in some kind of twilight or soft light. Everything felt completely still.

Thanks for the feedback, muchly appreciated!

Attachments

• 88b.JPG
    88b.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 295
Was bored.....

Thought I'd make a picture......

Following iMorts vibe of Anime... I attempted to keep that pace..... And being motivated by my new religious following of the movie 'V' and TV series... (speaking about the 80's/original versions) ..... I made this...

Teh Visitors, let me show you them.

V.jpg

See, hes got shaved eyebrows Too! theres something goin on there:)
glad to hear youre a fan of V, after you wrote 'religious following' thought l was gonna read David Ike or something reptilean:eek:
groovy facial texture:D

Back