why does god punish flawed creatures that he made forever

its wrong to stuff vegetables in some kids mouth but its ok for god to punish people for all time?

why is god so obsessed with punishing if he sympathizes with us? I guess he only sympathizes to an extent.

SOMEONE HAD TO PAY BY GOD

so he punished himself!

why have damnation in the first place? there must be some reason god put it there?

its wrong to stuff vegetables in some kids mouth but its ok for god to punish people for all time?

why is god so obsessed with punishing if he sympathizes with us? I guess he only sympathizes to an extent.

SOMEONE HAD TO PAY BY GOD

so he punished himself!

why have damnation in the first place? there must be some reason god put it there?

What i meant by teh Vegetables was that it is also wrong for God to force salvation on someone who doesn't want. If we truly want it, we will ask God for it and he will give it if our hearts are sincere.

I'm going to say this for the last time, I'm tired of repeating myself.

God offered us a way out, but we have to choose it. God does not want to punish people, but his nature demands he judge sin, he has no choice. And the penalty for sin is death (Hell is death, being cut off from the living God). Go is obsessed with saving people, but some people have hardened their hearts against God so much that they might not even notice God's nudges, because they don't know God. The people who reject God their whole lives get the penalty that comes with their sin.

It takes an act of faith and will power to come to God. Anyone who is lost has themselves to blame because they chose the fate they received by rejecting God's gift of Salvation.

To treat people as having no intrinsic value but as a means to an end is immoral, and is completely against God's character.

If you see a starving child on the street, would you feed him? If so, why are you treating him as a means to the end of alleviating his hunger? If not, how can your inaction possibly be considered moral?

And a loving parent knows that vegetables are good for their child. So out of love for their well being they will try to get their child to eat vegetables. But if they refuse to eat them, what else can teh parrent do? stuff them down their kid's throats? That is wrong.

Why is it wrong, if the child's health depends on it? To make the analogy even clearer, let's say it isn't vegetables, but a critical medicine that the child MUST take in order to stay alive, but refuses to take because it tastes yucky -- wouldn't any loving parent do just that, stuff the medicine down the kid's throat?

God is hurt because he has compassion for us. And the origional word for "compassions" means to feel the pain of someone. God does not just leave us in this world, but he suffers along with us.
You haven't answered my question. How is it possible for an infinitely perfect being to feel any hurt at all, whether it's his own or someone else's?

Besides, you are not God, you have no idea how much it pains God when his image is lost. I do not know.

Then for all you know to the contrary, doesn't God feel zero pain when his image is lost?

But i know that God loves us more than anything which is why he punished himself (Jesus) for our sins and provided a way out of damnation.

Out of whose damnation?

To treat people as having no intrinsic value but as a means to an end is immoral, and is completely against God's character.

If you see a starving child on the street, would you feed him? If so, why are you treating him as a means to the end of alleviating his hunger? If not, how can your inaction possibly be considered moral?

And a loving parent knows that vegetables are good for their child. So out of love for their well being they will try to get their child to eat vegetables. But if they refuse to eat them, what else can teh parrent do? stuff them down their kid's throats? That is wrong.
Why is it wrong, if the child's health depends on it? To make the analogy even clearer, let's say it isn't vegetables, but a critical medicine that the child MUST take in order to stay alive, but refuses to take because it tastes yucky -- wouldn't any loving parent do just that, stuff the medicine down the kid's throat?

God is hurt because he has compassion for us. And the origional word for "compassions" means to feel the pain of someone. God does not just leave us in this world, but he suffers along with us.
You haven't answered my question. How is it possible for an infinitely perfect being to feel any hurt at all, whether it's his own or someone else's?

Besides, you are not God, you have no idea how much it pains God when his image is lost. I do not know.
Then for all you know to the contrary, doesn't God feel zero pain when his image is lost?

But i know that God loves us more than anything which is why he punished himself (Jesus) for our sins and provided a way out of damnation.
Out of whose damnation?

Out of whose damnation?

It's just the way he is, and there's nothing he can do about it.

So if God's nature is that he must lie to the world in the Bible, lie to individual humans in divine revelation, and send everyone to Hell regardless of belief, there's nothing he can do about it? Remember, since we cannot know God's thoughts, we cannot know that that's not the case.

if god is perfect, why does he care about sin.

if he is perfect, he wouldnt make things that sin.

I also wrote a response to the whole "instrinsic value" thing, but for some reason the forum isn't letting it show up. Let me try just posting my own bits without the quoted bits . . .

Out of whose damnation?

So if God's nature is that he must lie to the world in the Bible, lie to individual humans in divine revelation, and send everyone to Hell regardless of belief, there's nothing he can do about it? Remember, since we cannot know God's thoughts, we cannot know that that's not the case.

Well you're part right. I know God, I know his word stands true. I've tested it out and it holds up just like it says. One thing it says is that Satan will try as hard as he can to discredit God and make people not believe, which is what he did with Adam and Eve. Saying "you will surely not die. even he knows this." and that's how he deceived Adam and eve into eating from the fruit God said not to eat. And since they disobeyed God, they suffered teh consequences.

Well you're part right. I know God, I know his word stands true. I've tested it out and it holds up just like it says. One thing it says is that Satan will try as hard as he can to discredit God and make people not believe, which is what he did with Adam and Eve. Saying "you will surely not die. even he knows this." and that's how he deceived Adam and eve into eating from the fruit God said not to eat. And since they disobeyed God, they suffered teh consequences.

How exactly did you "test out" that particular bit?

if god is perfect, why does he care about sin.

if he is perfect, he wouldnt make things that sin.

If we didn't not have the option to choose sin, then we wouldn't have free will and would be mere robots, and we wouldn't be able to choose God. He would merely be making us obey him.

How exactly did you "test out" that particular bit?

By doing what it says: Accept God by faith, pray every chance you get, study the Bible daily. You have absolutely no idea what happens to a person when one does that. You will that what the scriptures say prove true. But you need to coem to God by faith, that's the most important thing, for God said "do not test teh Lord your God."

By doing what it says: Accept God by faith, pray every chance you get, study the Bible daily. You have absolutely no idea what happens to a person when one does that. You will that what the scriptures say prove true. But you need to coem to God by faith, that's the most important thing, for God said "do not test teh Lord your God."

I'm not talking about testing God -- I'm takling about testing the Bible, and your faith. The Bible also says, "test everything, and hold fast to that which is good."

Now you say you've done that with respect to the historical events in a historial Garden of Eden involving a historical Adam, historical Eve, and historical talking snake. So that means you accepted God by faith, began to pray every chance you got, studied the Bible daily, and . . . . what? One day you woke up and there was a time machine in your bedroom, with the controls set to 4004 BC? How does your faith make you a historian?

If we didn't not have the option to choose sin, then we wouldn't have free will and would be mere robots, and we wouldn't be able to choose God. He would merely be making us obey him.

Wouldn't any sane person rather be a robot in eternal bliss, than a free agent in eternal torment?

Why are you so afraid, Dave? You think God will take away your free will if you chose to believe Him? Its an understanding that you come to that when you are born again in the Spirit.. His will becomes your will. You trust that His will is perfect in every way. The number one command in the bible is to fear not.

I'm not talking about testing God -- I'm takling about testing the Bible, and your faith. The Bible also says, "test everything, and hold fast to that which is good."

Now you say you've done that with respect to the historical events in a historial Garden of Eden involving a historical Adam, historical Eve, and historical talking snake. So that means you accepted God by faith, began to pray every chance you got, studied the Bible daily, and . . . . what? One day you woke up and there was a time machine in your bedroom, with the controls set to 4004 BC? How does your faith make you a historian?

I've experienced God's peace, love, and joy first-hand. And I saw a dramatic change in myself for the better from the inside. Something an unbeliever probably can't understand.

It doesn't make me a historian. But i do believe God when he tells us how he made the world because he was there to see it and we weren't.

Back