Global Warming Watch

This makes a lot of sense in terms of what to do to be able to help our oceans remain viable, which likely means it won't be done.

Since the United States is spending this much EVERY DAY to continue a useless war in Iraq, it seems to be a very small amount to pay in order to help out the oceans of the planet which benefit every living thing on the Earth. Or have I missed something in my logic here ?

flow....:mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071125/sc_nm/oceans_study_dc

Some sceptics of climate change have cited the stability of Antarctic ice sheets as proof that Global Warming is a myth and that its just a blip we are observing elsewhere. This 10 year survey of the Antarctic shows that there is rapid melting taking place, and as the article states could spell changes in mean global sea level of meters rather than inches as currently predicted. De mal, en pis, en pis ... as one might say in French.

washingtonpost.com

Lol, There is so much nonsense spoken that we find it hard to believe anything these days. The 2nd article fails to mention that the Arctic recorded by far its lowest ice cover last summer, or more huge ice sheets detached from Antarctica, or that the glaciers of Greenland, the Himalayas, the alps, the rockies and the andes all continued to retreat faster than ever. That second article nails its colours firmly to the mast in the final line, a quote of Oliver Cromwell. A man who believed in butchering everyone who did not share his opinion. The right wing may have lost the last election in Australia but it has not begun to rethink its rhetoric.

Tao

The major difference between gas and liquid is entropy. With a cycle of gas rising, and liquid falling, the difference between them is the entropy that the planet gets rid of. That cycle is what the planet needs more of now than ever to keep up with life. That cycle cools the planet, increases water supplies, cleans the air, waters the plant life... many good things. The cycle can be driven. It is driven and powered by the sun. What is required is offering it up more abundantly to the sun. Trees perform that function.

The cycle is like a rotary engine. Sunlight is the fuel. The clouds perform the commutation. We need to find the accelerator to the engine, which will rev up the cycle. The accelerator is evaporation... whatever increases evaporation. Surface area. Thin water layer. Solar target. Thermal isolation. Air flow.

Many animals have fur to hold their temperature, both to keep warm and to keep cool, and animals need an ample supply of water. So must the planet. The fur of the planet are the trees. Trees evaporate water. Trees need water so that they can release entropy while storing energy. Trees increase the solid surface area of the planet. Don't hug an old tree... plant three new ones. Plant them on rooftops. Plant them over oceans.
I have seen this understanding taking stronger root in the world in a few places.

This summer north west Europe has witnessed unprecedented weather. Never before have so many low pressure weather systems brought so much rain. As I type large swathes of England and Wales are under meters of flood water. Areas that have never before recorded flooding now do.

Tao

The same here. My backyard, way out back remains wet through the entire summer for the last 3 years & you can not mow back there any more. I am hoping this summer will be different but my neighbor & a friend a couple of miles away has noticed the same problem and the water isn't going down. I have also noted the bigger trees are not doing so well back there and two of them have fallen that should not have fallen. We had 3 local floods last year of which two of them impacted this section of town & that is a flood that should be about a 25 year thing, not 3 times in one year. I have also noticed one of the city bike paths is consistently under water and it never used to be under water or even close to being under water.

I can't help but think of the polar bears and penguins who will be extinct in just a few of decades because too many humans are not paying attention to what they are doing & have done to the earth. With about 90% of the large fish in the ocean gone, I think it is time man stops disrespecting the planet & starts looking at the earth as more than something to take advantage of.

I can't help but think of the polar bears and penguins who will be extinct in just a few of decades because too many humans are not paying attention to what they are doing & have done to the earth. With about 90% of the large fish in the ocean gone, I think it is time man stops disrespecting the planet & starts looking at the earth as more than something to take advantage of.

But even if the world ends at least you and I will have agreed on at least one issue.

I can die happy now.

But even if the world ends at least you and I will have agreed on at least one issue.

I can die happy now.

your unhappines does nothing to help the problems and it isn't about the world ending.

no, we don't agree. I don't care what you die as.

The same here. My backyard, way out back remains wet through the entire summer for the last 3 years & you can not mow back there any more. I am hoping this summer will be different but my neighbor & a friend a couple of miles away has noticed the same problem and the water isn't going down. I have also noted the bigger trees are not doing so well back there and two of them have fallen that should not have fallen. We had 3 local floods last year of which two of them impacted this section of town & that is a flood that should be about a 25 year thing, not 3 times in one year. I have also noticed one of the city bike paths is consistently under water and it never used to be under water or even close to being under water.

Strange as it may seem in your part of the world, the water cycle needs to be accelerated, which means building ways to direct that flood water away to good uses, and offer it up for evaporation. The evaporation rates have been dropping, wetlands removed, forests diminishing, none of which helps that flooding... none of which helps the water cycle. If the planet receives less light then there is less energy for the planet to work with to grow the green, to drive the water cycle, and correspondingly remove entropy from the planet.

There is only one thing which people can do about global warming........
.......ADAPT!
Anyone who suggests different is lying (either intentionally or in ignorance).

your unhappines does nothing to help the problems and it isn't about the world ending.

no, we don't agree. I don't care what you die as.

You big cuddly teddy bear.

You can't pretend you don't care.

Kisses.
2388.gif

There is only one thing which people can do about global warming........
.......ADAPT!
Anyone who suggests different is lying (either intentionally or in ignorance).

That is what the ants are doing. I have ant hills about every 4 feet all over the higher part of the property. These are huge hills & killing them off doesn't seem right to me to help the problem. The worms don't stand much of a chance when the water levels stay this high. Insects do multiply like crazy in wet weather. The frogs love it.

I wonder if humans wont be able to adapt that well after they deplete & destroy what sustains them, then the earth will heal itself after quite a few if not all humans face extinction & something else evolves.

Strange as it may seem in your part of the world, the water cycle needs to be accelerated, which means building ways to direct that flood water away to good uses, and offer it up for evaporation. The evaporation rates have been dropping, wetlands removed, forests diminishing, none of which helps that flooding... none of which helps the water cycle. If the planet receives less light then there is less energy for the planet to work with to grow the green, to drive the water cycle, and correspondingly remove entropy from the planet.

Do you feel it is possible for us (humans) to make it get better or is it a course destined to happen?
I would be very interested in hearing more of what you have to say about this, if & when you are up to it.

Back