Changing Sexual Orientation Is Possible, New Research Says

Fair dinkum. It was a very emotional experience for you BobX. I hope you arent dwelling on it too much. It must be upsetting for you to have this dragged up again and yes, I know you were asked. (takes a breath) Now, for the rest of You. Pattimax etc, You and I and everyone else out there did not go through this ordeal nor can we possibley feel the pain as Bobx has. It didnt happen to us. Bobx is a fine human being as I'm sure we all can agree. His life is HIS life. Look in the mirror, honestly have a long look. Find your faults and work on them and lets try to leave others to do their own. (sorry guys, its just my maternal instinct kicking in. no more fighting or I'll send you to your rooms. and no computer for a week) love the Grey

evil is already in the hearts of men, religion is just a guise for whom they really are, and the agenda they already have
It might be the case that they would have been evil in some way or another, without the Christianity, but the particular agenda of gay-bashing is one that they got from Christians.
Lack of Christianity is to blame.
Hardly. People who lack any kind of exposure to Christianity do not persecute me. Muslims of course do share the gay-bashing agenda: I should be more precise and blame Abrahamic religion, rather than Christianity in particular, but we were discussing Christians.
God loves you more than you will ever realize.
I realize God's love quite well, without your "help". My creator has gifted me with many joys and blessings, and my sexuality is among the great blessings.
You don’t really know anything about Christianity do you?
You don't really know anything about me, do you?
Tell me something, why did Jesus come to earth?
To teach people to treat others, even people not like themselves, as fellow children of God.
Being wrong at the end of my time on earth will not be a big deal. Can’t say the same for you.
See now, that kind of arrogance and disdain is the ugliness in the heart of your "Christianity": it has nothing to do with why Jesus came to earth.

Fair dinkum. It was a very emotional experience for you BobX. I hope you arent dwelling on it too much. It must be upsetting for you to have this dragged up again and yes, I know you were asked. (takes a breath) Now, for the rest of You. Pattimax etc, You and I and everyone else out there did not go through this ordeal nor can we possibley feel the pain as Bobx has. It didnt happen to us. Bobx is a fine human being as I'm sure we all can agree. His life is HIS life. Look in the mirror, honestly have a long look. Find your faults and work on them and lets try to leave others to do their own. (sorry guys, its just my maternal instinct kicking in. no more fighting or I'll send you to your rooms. and no computer for a week) love the Grey

If you are going to jump in with your alloted .02, it may behoove you to follow the conversation...Bob's character was not being discussed. Why don't you acrually read the thread and see what we are talking about? (Will your maternal instinct permit that?)

It might be the case that they would have been evil in some way or another, without the Christianity, but the particular agenda of gay-bashing is one that they got from Christians.
people bashing gays or people bashing christianity is ungodly. we are not to condemn, rather be compassionate; however its a two way street--the sinner who accepts and trusts jesus christ as lord and saviour is to go and sin no more and love light rather than darkness and please god rather displease him; and we all are to love god with all our hearts and love our neighbors.

"people bashing gays or people bashing christianity is ungodly"
Patti was of the opinion that murdering gay people was, at least at one time, *commanded* by God. What do you think?

"please god rather displease him"
I am as God made me, and to turn against my own nature would, as I see it, be profoundly against my creator.

sorry patti, (is behoove and actual word? ) anyway yes it is my 2 cents worth but you ARE ganging up on bobx and such is my nature to stand with him and back him up.

Bobx (i must be the bumbling sidekick) but i've got your back. Sorry if I stuck my nose in where its not wanted. Tried to help

I'm with you in spirit, BobX. I'm sorry I haven't been able - or coolheaded enough - to post anything in the past couple of days. I'm afraid I wouldn't have much to add at this point, as I'm thoroughly disgusted to see people hiding behind God, and behind religion, to justify their bigotry, fear, intolerance and prejudice.

I believe you said it all, right here:

Tell me something, why did Jesus come to earth?
To teach people to treat others, even people not like themselves, as fellow children of God.
:)

Namaskar,

~Andrew

See now, that kind of arrogance and disdain is the ugliness in the heart of your "Christianity": it has nothing to do with why Jesus came to earth.

We share the same Creator and I am starting to understand how you think. You see things that aren’t there.

Oh so very close; misinformation is like that. You see, I wrestled with God for years over this one. (He won, He always does.) Yes, you are to love your neighbor as yourself, but in order to actually be a child of God, you must trust and have your faith in His Son. Jesus took on human form so we could be like Him. God wants a family.

I know how appreciative and receptive you will be to this bit of info, please don’t thank me. :)

sorry patti, (is behoove and actual word? ) anyway yes it is my 2 cents worth but you ARE ganging up on bobx and such is my nature to stand with him and back him up.

Thanks grey—no problem. And your feelings are very much appreciated.

From Merriam Webster,”behoove” : to be necessary, proper, or advantageous for <it behooves me to go>

Karen

"people bashing gays or people bashing christianity is ungodly"
Patti was of the opinion that murdering gay people was, at least at one time, *commanded* by God. What do you think?

"please god rather displease him"
I am as God made me, and to turn against my own nature would, as I see it, be profoundly against my creator.
we can choose how we live our life. whatever you choose to do in ignorance just as long as it doesnt hurt me, doesnt affect me. but the second you choose to let christ into your heart, it is between you and god about getting your life straight and putting away things that displease god. continuing to sin doesnt let god work in your life. he knows what doors of your heart you are trying to keep locked, you are not god. if i choose to let christ into my heart yet i still want to have extra-marital affairs, or i want to keep cussing, then i am not giving fully giving myself to god, i am not fully trusting god, and i am making excuses to continue sin that i like, that god doesnt. try to be holy, like christ is holy.

Kindest Regards, BobX!

Thank you for your considered reply. I have been working on a response but am nowhere near ready to post it. I am strapped for time and unable to post today other than this quick note. I need to be away for a few days, it will be next week before I can try to finish a response. I wish you well, and thank you once again for engaging me in a thoughtful discussion.

Patti, you don't need to do anything to be a child of God, you already are. Whatever spirit is persuading you that people who don't share your beliefs are not right with God, it is no holy spirit.

Patti, you don't need to do anything to be a child of God, you already are. Whatever spirit is persuading you that people who don't share your beliefs are not right with God, it is no holy spirit.
A pity that some people cannot recognize this, bob x. I believe Jesus put it thus: Satan cannot cast out Satan. :eek:

And yet they squirm and try ... (bringing to mind, once again, those words of Christ Jesus) -

"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."

What makes you think the spirit telling you that everyone is and has to do nothing is Holy?:confused:

I can only speak as I find. Patti herself has said that she was capable of human friendship with us, before. Now that Christianity has gotten hold of her, she is not as good a person as she was. Can that possibly be what Jesus intended?

Maybe who can ever know how things are to come about except what is said in the Bible.
Actually Holy means to be set apart.

The Bible warns people not be with someone who is not an unbeliever and that light and darkness can not coexist.

Now does that mean I can not talk to unbelievers or have social interactions with them. No way.
There is a difference between associating with someone and what it means to have an actual relationship with someone.
It is impossible to have true fellowship with someone if Christ is not the foundation of that relationship, if one is a follower of Christ.

The only sin in the new era ... is separativeness.

In elaboration, here is a quote from The Reappearance of the Christ:
"... Christ will let loose into the world of men the potency and the distinctive energy of intuitive love. The results of the distribution of this energy of love will be twofold:

1. Countless men and women in every land will form themselves into groups for the promotion of goodwill and for the production of right human relations. So great will be their numbers that from being a small and relatively unimportant minority, they will be the largest and the most influential force in the world. Through them, the New Group of World Servers will be able to work successfully.

2. This active energy of loving understanding will mobilise a tremendous reaction against the potency of hate. To hate, to be separate, and to be exclusive will come to be regarded as the only sin, for it will be recognised that all the sins—as listed and now regarded as wrong—only stem from hate or from its product, the anti-social consciousness. Hate and its dependent consequences are the true sin against the Holy Ghost, about which commentators have so long debated, overlooking (in their silliness) the simplicity and the appropriateness of the true definition."
It would seem we still have a ways to go ...

The only sin in the new era ... is separativeness.

In elaboration, here is a quote from The Reappearance of the Christ:
"... Christ will let loose into the world of men the potency and the distinctive energy of intuitive love. The results of the distribution of this energy of love will be twofold:

1. Countless men and women in every land will form themselves into groups for the promotion of goodwill and for the production of right human relations. So great will be their numbers that from being a small and relatively unimportant minority, they will be the largest and the most influential force in the world. Through them, the New Group of World Servers will be able to work successfully.

2. This active energy of loving understanding will mobilise a tremendous reaction against the potency of hate. To hate, to be separate, and to be exclusive will come to be regarded as the only sin, for it will be recognised that all the sins—as listed and now regarded as wrong—only stem from hate or from its product, the anti-social consciousness. Hate and its dependent consequences are the true sin against the Holy Ghost, about which commentators have so long debated, overlooking (in their silliness) the simplicity and the appropriateness of the true definition."
It would seem we still have a ways to go ...

Matthew 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, "Take heed that no man deceive you." The deception is here.
Matthew 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." They are claiming to be Christ and deceiving others.
Mt.24:24 "for false Christ's and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive if possible the elect."

I will stick with my Bible you can stick with Benjamin Crewe and Alice Baily if you want or you can delve deeper and see what demons they are actually working with.:(

Back