Welcome to 2008

Ok check this.....

Who feels different? Who had some magical experience that has made their life and the world a whole lot better? What has changed? Apart from one small digit on the end of the number we keep to log time? The same date that will continue, every 12 months to go up by one little digit.... Oh wow...

I fail to see what is so good about New year.... Apart from the generous... One... ONE day off... That is the only thing I get from it... :\ Apart from that it is boring old freaked up life..... On the Wednesday (that is today btw) I will get up and still have to be freaking bored to death by my job.... Idle hours constantly attacking me, feeling like I am getting constantly stabbed in the face and skull.... I still have my crappy old life lol what does new year fix? f all. :) So it baffles me, why it is celebrated that we have to go around in circles yet again.... And strive for nothing, yet again.... :\

Ok check this.....

Who feels different? Who had some magical experience that has made their life and the world a whole lot better? What has changed? Apart from one small digit on the end of the number we keep to log time? The same date that will continue, every 12 months to go up by one little digit.... Oh wow...

I agree it’s just another digit. Perhaps it’s said more out of habit or gives a reason to wish others well? People say happy Christmas to each other where one or the other may actually not be a Christian. People say happy Eid to each other where one or the other may actually not be a Muslim.
Depends on the culture / society…assumptions…civilities…

s.

But I mean... put aside this thing called religion... Many, many celebrate New year purley to get wasted and stay out late and do some fireworks and sing those "classics"..... But, tomorrow is another day, another day where the pain, war, killing, boredom lol, and everything shall continue, business as usual. What is there to celebrate about it? Another notch on your age? I could see how that could be in a -small- way reason to cheer... "Not many left now Marg!!! And we'll be pushin' up the daisys!!!"

Many, many celebrate New year purley to get wasted and stay out late and do some fireworks and sing those "classics".....
They do.

But, tomorrow is another day, another day where the pain, war, killing, boredom lol, and everything shall continue, business as usual. What is there to celebrate about it? Another notch on your age? I could see how that could be in a -small- way reason to cheer... "Not many left now Marg!!! And we'll be pushin' up the daisys!!!"
What, if Jan 1st is your birthday??!!

Yes, it is "business as usual". Your response to this (pain, war, killing, AND the good stuff) may have something to do with (back to the beginning of your post) "religion" (for want of a better word).

s.

Ok check this.....

Who feels different? Who had some magical experience that has made their life and the world a whole lot better? What has changed?
Well right about midnight I was in a hold'em tourney and had pocket cowboys, this guy who tosses money like nothing went all in. So I went all in, and he showed a pair of ladies...thought I had it hands down. Well the flop comes and there is a king, now I got a set of trips. No way he can beat me, the new year is looking good. But by the time it is over his pair of queens sucked out right into a freakin Royal Flush! So at the very end of last year I was elated, and at the beginning of the New Year I'd been rivered right off the table....magical.

Well right about midnight I was in a hold'em tourney and had pocket cowboys, this guy who tosses money like nothing went all in. So I went all in, and he showed a pair of ladies...thought I had it hands down. Well the flop comes and there is a king, now I got a set of trips. No way he can beat me, the new year is looking good. But by the time it is over his pair of queens sucked out right into a freakin Royal Flush! So at the very end of last year I was elated, and at the beginning of the New Year I'd been rivered right off the table....magical.

The magic of cards.... lol ;)

Who feels different? Who had some magical experience that has made their life and the world a whole lot better? What has changed?

And strive for nothing, yet again.... :\

Don't know about pointlessness. I do know that it is a brand new year (it happens annually) and it feels really good.
...maybe I'll get organized this year. It could happen!

I wish all of you all the best!

But I mean... put aside this thing called religion... Many, many celebrate New year purley to get wasted and stay out late and do some fireworks and sing those "classics"..... But, tomorrow is another day, another day where the pain, war, killing, boredom lol, and everything shall continue, business as usual. What is there to celebrate about it? Another notch on your age? I could see how that could be in a -small- way reason to cheer... "Not many left now Marg!!! And we'll be pushin' up the daisys!!!"

I'll take any excuse to celebrate. LOL :p New Year's works just as well as anything else. I never feel different, though I tell myself maybe this year I will... XYZ. You know- it never hurts to have grand plans I can later ignore.

And yeah, it sucks it is only one day off. But it's one day more off that I usually don't get in an average week!

Oh, and New Year's Eve happens to be my sister's birthday. There's a real reason to celebrate! :D

Wots wrong m8? You run out of prozac again?;)

Me and an old friend, true story, used to work for a medical facility factory when we were like 15/16, good job I loved it there! Laughs, smiles.... I was like a kiddy in a candy store.... such a rainbow selection red blue green white orange..... uppers, downers lol Oh and a really funky fridge/freezing cooling unit.... Where they kept ether :D I -SO- wish I still worked there.... I think looking back on it that was the best job I ever had... And the first ever job I had. But yeah, point I was gonna make... Was there one? Erm, Oh yeah, Prozac. You know how many different forms/types of that there are? Baffling..... Truly is.

Hey Greymare, sorry I missed your birthday! Have a happy day after your birthday!
Who's the cutie in your new avatar?

thanks guys. that, bob, is my 17yr old son. He went to the beach and thought it would be funny as hell if he used the sunscreen to write his name on himself. As you can see by his glow he got well and truly cooked. idiiot(must have gotten his brains from his father.LOL). in his defense he did say, "well, mum I did use the sunscreen like you told me too. " aaaarrrrrrggghhhh.
and yes, he thinks hes hot too.

Back