Identity if the serpent in Genesis (2)

Wait, wait, wait, visually impaired people can't drive, but they can get guns. Lol, that's kinda funny. Mostly scary, but kinda funny...
Blind people CAN drive...lol especially in America...

[Youtube]uMgPDoUJlHg[/Youtube]

Whoa! I just realized something. When God blessed Adam and Eve, he gave them permission to eat from every tree whose fruit contains seed. The original blessing didn't contain the prohibition against the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Genesis 1
28 God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, (T) and subdue it. Rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and every creature that crawls [h] on the earth." 29 God also said, "Look, I have given you every seed-bearing plant on the surface of the entire earth, and every tree whose fruit contains seed. This food will be for you, (U)​

The prohibition against the eating from the tree would be the first law that was given. Partaking of the law (because it regulates sinning) will eventually lead to death, because none of us are perfect, and we all sin, and will eventually be condemned by the law. (Eating of the fruit of that tree leads to death, and the serpent wanted us to partake of the law.) However, it is the Spirit which gives life through God's grace and mercy, and the repentance from and forgiveness of sins. (Eating from the tree of life.) (See Romans 6)

Does that mean that we have to give up the law? As long as there are unrepentant evildoers out there, we need law. If you trample all over God's mercy, what is there left but judgment? (See also James 2:8-13)

Until we have the Law written on our hearts we will need an external Law to regulate our affairs.
Eventually we will see why, and understand and will not make such stupid choices.

Until we have the Law written on our hearts we will need an external Law to regulate our affairs.
Eventually we will see why, and understand and will not make such stupid choices.
the law is on our hearts...

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart; you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up" (Deuteronomy 6:5-7).

"You shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul" (Deuteronomy 11:18).

"For this commandment which I command you today, it is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it" (Deuteronomy 30:11-14).
"The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart" (Psalm 37:30,31). "Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You" (Psalm 119:11).

I was thinking of this:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (New International Version)

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to [a] them, [b] "
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

I was thinking of this:

Jeremiah 31:31-34 (New International Version)

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to [a] them, [b] "
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD.
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

Ok, I'll go with that, but for one small thing. Jeremiah precedes Jesus...but in a game of poker? When one's life is on the line? Jesus is the "trump" card. Thats why others who stick to to rules fold, and those that seize on that trump card have a chance to take off...

Ok, I'll go with that, but for one small thing. Jeremiah precedes Jesus...but in a game of poker? When one's life is on the line? Jesus is the "trump" card. Thats why others who stick to to rules fold, and those that seize on that trump card have a chance to take off...
So?
You do know that we differ as to the question of Jesus's divinity.
So to me, this event hasn't happened yet, besides, if it did, one would see evidence of it and there just isn't any.

But how did he drive, was it like in a closed course with somebody driving in front, making noises or something? That's really cool.

Yeah, America still has some freedoms...for now...*sigh*
If you decide to scroll through the 9 video takes, it will make your heart sing.;)

So?
You do know that we differ as to the question of Jesus's divinity.
So to me, this event hasn't happened yet, besides, if it did, one would see evidence of it and there just isn't any.
Do you know that I love you anyway?...now logistically debunk that:eek::eek::D

Awww... you love me too?

berryTartKiss.gif
PandaBearDance.gif
HelloKittyLove.gif
TeddyLove.gif
Kiss.gif
PandaBearDance.gif
StrawberryTartKiss.gif

I wouldn't dream of it as the feeling is mutual.
Spiritually/platonically speaking of course.
You seem to assume that my beliefs somehow have removed me from God's grace,
or something along those lines, yet that is not the case.

Yeah, you too CZ.

You do?!

That's odd... a few posts back you we fantasizing about shooting me in a showdown.

"If we were western gunmen, I'd love standing in front of you at 20 paces..."

You do?!

That's odd... a few posts back you we fantasizing about shooting me in a showdown.

"If we were western gunmen, I'd love standing in front of you at 20 paces..."

yep, no problem there...you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...LOL:D:D:D

I did make that clear. Or should I rephrase it? You can't argue with Christians when you have no point of reference to argue from...

I wouldn't dream of it as the feeling is mutual.
Spiritually/platonically speaking of course.
You seem to assume that my beliefs somehow have removed me from God's grace,
or something along those lines, yet that is not the case.
Nope, I presume nothing. But what you "project" is a different matter all together...eh?:eek:

Nope, I presume nothing. But what you "project" is a different matter all together...eh?:eek:
That is the bane of this form of communication.
Typing things out has never been a strong point with me (part of the reason why I do it....4 finger workout).
So we don't really know each other at all, we just drop in on something and lay our opinions down in reference to what was read which may or may not be an accurate picture of what the person typing was getting at or meaning to say.
So such things require patience and forbearance IMO.
I am not always patient, but am working on that.

It is hard to know exactly what one is "projecting" as you have to wait for someone to get steamed with something you say to get any constructive feedback (well, hopefully it is constructive).

yep, no problem there...you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...LOL:D:D:D

I did make that clear. Or should I rephrase it?

Yes... you made that clear... 10 hours after your initial post. I'm glad it gives you a chuckle. You have an "interesting" sense of humor.

You can't argue with Christians when you have no point of reference to argue from...

No point of reference? Did I just pop into existence yesterday? I've had 48 years of experience to reference. I have proficiency in the English language to reference. I have the text of the Bible to reference. While I may not be a Christian, I have 48 years of living amongst them as a reference.

So let's try this again shall we? Let's see if we can pick up the discussion we were having before we got lost in the wild west. If you've got enough courage, cowboy, you might actually decide to address the issues raised, instead of high-tailing it for the frontier.

Soleil10 had contended that God had not blessed A&E, but instead set conditions forth that needed to be met before the blessing took place.

Certainly, God wanted to bless them. As I wrote in my post, they had to be fruitful first. In addition God gave them a specific commandment to follow until then. They screw it up along the way as we see later.

To which I relied...

The degree of denial here is astounding.

Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

There are no conditionals in this statement. There is no, "If you are fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth, then I will bless you."

God blessed A&E. It is written in the past tense. It was done. It was done without condition.

Soleil10, how do you rationalize your reinterpretation of the written word?

And to just remind you, in Genesis 1:31...

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

God didn't think, "It might be good... so long as they're fruitful and multiply." He saw it was good then, without any conditions being met. It was good. It was "very good."

Any thoughts buckaroo?

Back