Ten Questions

Peace to you too.
One day you might actually seek truth.

It is nice to start with peace, inuk. Peace said, peace practised.

God says:

[61:2] O you who believe, why do you say what you do not do? [61:3] Most abominable in the sight of GOD is that you say what you do not do.

Concerning my seeking of truth, let me tell you that it is a non-stop quiery of mine. The propeht Muhammed pbuh said that a day wherein one doesnt gain knowledge in is a non-blessed day. He asked to follow knowledge even in China. So, dont worry about me concerning that.

To long?! More superfluous twattle than a politician on amphetamine!
Just trying to read that reminds me just how insidiously devious Islam is.

A clear baised subjective opinion that express non of the characteristics of a free thinker.

You are one examples of millions around the world who are deluded about the real core of Islam because of stereotypes the Media spreads. A free thinker frees himself from all the stereotypes, and deal directly with the source. Have you really read the Holy Quran and the prophet's sayings and biography?!!

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. The population of Muslims around the world is1.82 billion in year 2009. (source: Muslim Population Worldwide Authentic(true) Information with Reference ).

To say that all these population are so stupide and savage to follow a superflous twattle insidious, and devious religion implies a real lack of thinking and of using reason and logic.

You are so far from being a thinker, let alone being a free one.

Freethought
is a philosophical viewpoint that holds that beliefs should be formed on the basis of science and logic, and should not be influenced by authority, tradition, or any other dogma. The cognitive application of freethought is known as freethinking, and practitioners of freethought are known as freethinkers.

source: Freethought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Free thought?? It is an alien concept to the choir singer.

Buddha said in the Kalama Sutta:

"It is proper for you, Kalamas [the people of the village of Kesaputta], to doubt, to be uncertain; uncertainty has arisen in you about what is doubtful. Come, Kalamas. Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another's seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, 'The monk is our teacher.' Kalamas, when you yourselves know: 'These things are bad; these things are blameable; these things are censured by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to harm and ill, abandon them. "...Do not accept anything by mere tradition... Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures... Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions... But when you know for yourselves—these things are moral, these things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and happiness—then do you live acting accordingly."

So much for blind acceptance of the Quran.

"It is proper for you, Kalamas [the people of the village of Kesaputta], to doubt, to be uncertain; uncertainty has arisen in you about what is doubtful. Come, Kalamas. Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another's seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, 'The monk is our teacher.' Kalamas, when you yourselves know: 'These things are bad; these things are blameable; these things are censured by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to harm and ill, abandon them. "...Do not accept anything by mere tradition... Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures... Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions... But when you know for yourselves—these things are moral, these things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and happiness—then do you live acting accordingly."

Show me one person who lives like this and you've shown me a Buddha.

Show me one person who lives like this and you've shown me a Buddha.

No, it would just be the normal awareness of an unconditioned human being capable of the experience of what Plato called justice or inner morality and which Simone lived by. She had the courage, need, and power of attention to do the following she wrote of. We don't so we cannot:

[SIZE=+2]"There Comes"[/SIZE]

If you do not fight it---if you look, just
look, steadily,
upon it,

there comes
a moment when you cannot do it,
if it is evil;

if good, a moment
when you cannot
not.

No, it would just be the normal awareness of an unconditioned human being capable of the experience of what Plato called justice or inner morality and which Simone lived by.

Oh. So Simone was a Buddha too?

Cool.

Oh. So Simone was a Buddha too?

Cool.

No, a Buddha by definition is the enlightened one. Simone needed to do what she was doing and was not concerned with the avoidance of suffering but rather to suffer for a purpose not associated with the whims of the "Great Beast." If anything she would be closer to a bodhisattva. I just call her an extraordinary Christian woman so rare that she is an "event."

can l answer these questions relatively speaking or do l have to be absolutely certain?:)

Say what you like. Life is a journey. We don't have to have all the answers at once. If you don't make mistakes, how will you know how to make things right?

Concerning my seeking of truth, let me tell you that it is a non-stop quiery of mine. The propeht Muhammed pbuh said that a day wherein one doesnt gain knowledge in is a non-blessed day. He asked to follow knowledge even in China. So, dont worry about me concerning that.
If you study medicine to be a doctor will one book suffice to teach you? If you study engineering will one book allow you to build a safe working aircraft? If you study the history of English literature will reading one book make you an authority? Yet by reading a book compiled by Uthman, a ruthless politician, some 100 years after 'Allah' revealed via a third party to an illiterate man of dubious morality, you can understand what made the world and why and the nesecity of the 1001 ridiculous and petty little rules that work together to be nothing more than a devious system of thought control. I have read the Koran and many of the Hadith. Not through they eyes of cultural acceptance but as an historic narative and foundation for a major religion. The Koram itself is nothing but a plagarism of Christian and Judaic traditions with the odd bit here and there stitched on according to the personal whim and advantage of a warlord prophet. The Hadith are so numerous, contradictory and biased to the authors that they can only be dismissed as nonsense.

You are one examples of millions around the world who are deluded about the real core of Islam because of stereotypes the Media spreads........
To say that all these population are so stupide and savage to follow a superflous twattle insidious, and devious religion implies a real lack of thinking and of using reason and logic.

You are so far from being a thinker, let alone being a free one.

If you think because 'millions of people' do something it makes it right then you are sadly mistaken. There are more people who smoke cigarettes than there are Muslims, does that making smoking cigarettes a wise choice? I am not deluded about Islam, I am just not a captive victim of it. I have and continue to personally study Islam for what it is, a social phenomena. I study how children are indoctrinated into it, the cultural pressures that maintain it with little dissent, the uber-corrupt political elites that perpetuate it and its insidious spread across the mid to equatorial latitudes where education remains a privilige of the few.

I maintain that I am a free thinker, and that when I talk about Islam I am accurate and truthfull. I fully understand that the vast majority of Muslims are not people seeking to destroy my way of life, indeed most are too busy trying to survive against the odds in their super-corrupt regimes, but this is a discussion forum with plenty of people lining up to be apologists. My intent is to bring balance to that. Now can you respect that?

Say what you like. Life is a journey. We don't have to have all the answers at once. If you don't make mistakes, how will you know how to make things right?

was tongue in cheek! sometimes it gets me into trouble saying what l think and even my children have pulled me up for continually saying what l think and feel; getting the message now to discriminate the situation so as not to offend unecessarily nor leave myself open to negative projections which l easily absorb to the ultimate detriment of all
peace

No, it would just be the normal awareness of an unconditioned human being capable of the experience of what Plato called justice or inner morality and which Simone lived by. She had the courage, need, and power of attention to do the following she wrote of. We don't so we cannot:.
Namaste Nick,

Humor me on a contemplation.

Why not. If you believe you could live like that you could. Your responses here I believe would be different if you lived from that mode.

And if you were to believe what I believe you have written than you could achieve what you aspire to and any reason why not would simply be an excuse that indicates what you have written is wrong?

... when I talk about Islam I am accurate and truthfull... this is a discussion forum with plenty of people lining up to be apologists. My intent is to bring balance to that.
We had a fellow who went by the screen name of "Tao" who presumed to do that. After 20 pages of ignorant, unsupported polemic, he claimed to have data on Muslim attitudes. (I had data that supported conclusions opposite those he claimed to be able to support.) Whenever I asked for a link, he showed up empty handed. Maybe you'll improve on his record.

Anybody can engage in characterization and play on imagery by copying and pasting news stories that tell us nothing about context or motive. To put together a coherent case takes a little more work.

Thank you all for your insights.

I firmly believe that all religions and learned clerics answer in vague references when it comes to these fundamental questions. It seems that everyone of us has different theories and ideas to these questions. For time to come, more people will stay from this thought of seeking truth rather submit their time and knowledge to sustain and enjoy the world around them in physical form.

Question will remain at heart will be: Why are we here and where we going?

sometimes it gets me into trouble saying what l think and even my children have pulled me up for continually saying what l think and feel

Your kids assert authority over you? Oh boy. Things are upside-down in your family. If you're a grandfather or grandmother I would understand . . . but if they're in their teens, I might as well not say it . . . I hope they're nice kids.

It is good for a kid to give his/her parents the freedom to do what they like. This is, after all, the 21st century!:D

getting the message now to discriminate the situation so as not to offend unecessarily nor leave myself open to negative projections which l easily absorb to the ultimate detriment of all

I think the word is "discern" not "discriminate.":)

Namaste Nick,

Humor me on a contemplation.

Why not. If you believe you could live like that you could. Your responses here I believe would be different if you lived from that mode.

And if you were to believe what I believe you have written than you could achieve what you aspire to and any reason why not would simply be an excuse that indicates what you have written is wrong?

I'm a realist and am willing to admit that I am the wretched man as described by Paul in Romans 7. My advantage around here is in my willingness to admit it rather then denying it which makes self knowledge impossible.

I'll soon be initiating a thread on "Contradiction" within which I hope to clarify some of this

Your kids assert authority over you? Oh boy. Things are upside-down in your family. If you're a grandfather or grandmother I would understand . . . but if they're in their teens, I might as well not say it . . . I hope they're nice kids.

It is good for a kid to give his/her parents the freedom to do what they like. This is, after all, the 21st century!:D

I think the word is "discern" not "discriminate.":)

yeh, similar but 'criminate' aint nice lol.. of course they are nice and well mannered and speak their mind like their mama...l gave birth then let them go very early to fend for themselves:D l believe in human evolution for the greater good and bless my good fortune..they chose me:) [theyre just getting to understand that idea]

.... Yet by reading a book compiled by Uthman, a ruthless politician, some 100 years after 'Allah' revealed via a third party to an illiterate man of dubious morality, you can understand what made the world and why and the nesecity of the 1001 ridiculous and petty little rules that work together to be nothing more than a devious system of thought control. I have read the Koran and many of the Hadith. Not through they eyes of cultural acceptance but as an historic narative and foundation for a major religion. The Koran itself is nothing but a plagarism of Christian and Judaic traditions with the odd bit here and there stitched on according to the personal whim and advantage of a warlord prophet. The Hadith are so numerous, contradictory and biased to the authors that they can only be dismissed as nonsense.

[25:63] The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace.

1) Who is God?
2) What is God?
3) Where is God?
4) What is Soul?
5) If God created the Universe and us, then why need a religion to reach him?

I don't know.

6) What is Justice?

Reward or penalty based in our desire for fairness and equinamity.

7) What happens after death?
8) What is Heaven and What is Hell?
9) Why are we here (in this world)?

I don't know.

10) What is time?

A linear progression of a defined dimensional material expression through space.

Back