The Holy Name of God

Yep I think thats the one there is no absolute name for God. We can't even define him let alone name him.

Holy, holy, holy... other than that, have a nice, nice, nice day. Anyway, I could mention the name of god, in every word, each sound, that I don't create, in the sense of being separate, and playing god myself.

Look at the poor and sick, within yourself, there god comes in to rest, as I come here to rest. If I was rich and healthy I'd be flyin' around the world, playing god.

Actually it was Baptist (for denomination).
I was providing a very brief synopsis (not intended to be exhaustive) so lament if you will.
As for opinions, at the end of the day, that is all any of us has.
Your opinions do not hold any more weight than anyone elses, it is just emotional attachment which makes one think so.
By the way, what denomination/sect are you a part of?

Hmm....I'm rather interested in how you views changed. As a Baptist myself, albeit very unconventional, if you'll read some of my other posts, I'm always intrigued what brings people out of that denomination. I've gone through some modifications myself, not the least as the result being one of the members of this forum.

ABS said:
All genuine religious scriptures (not just the Bible) say that without true knowledge of the ONE HOLY (SPIRITUAL) NAME of God there can be no Salvation.

Acts 4:12 "There is no other Name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved."

ABS said:
If you read below you will see two reasons why I cannot reveal the Mystic Name,
1.) Only genuine Apostles may reveal it, and to only those who are worthy.
2.) As the Mystic Name is not made up of vowels or consonants, it is impossible to transmit over the internet.

So let me get this straight. In order to be 'saved', one must know this NAME.

But this NAME can only be handed down by one of the Apostles, and only to those who are worthy.

But the Apostles have been dead for nearly 2 millenia, so in other words, we're screwed? Maybe we all aren't worthy.

So let me get this straight. In order to be 'saved', one must know this NAME.

But this NAME can only be handed down by one of the Apostles, and only to those who are worthy.

But the Apostles have been dead for nearly 2 millenia, so in other words, we're screwed? Maybe we all aren't worthy.
Hehe. I'm starting to understand Ben-Shema's motive for the thread: to remind us that we're in trouble because we're not in that special ingroup of those who are in the know regarding "The Name."

We need periodic reminding of that sense of isolation and helplessness, don't we? :D:D:p:D:D

Hehe. I'm starting to understand Ben-Shema's motive for the thread: to remind us that we're in trouble because we're not in that special ingroup of those who are in the know regarding "The Name."

We need periodic reminding of that sense of isolation and helplessness, don't we? :D:D:p:D:D

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you

woah!

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner

Now, hey you Mister! can't you read, you got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't even watch, no you can't eat, you ain't suppose to be here
Sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside Uh!
And the sign said everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,
I didn't have a penny to pay, so I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine

God has many names that I cannot mention. As I have been called many names that I cannot mention, but I can, if you need to believe me.

And believing is a bit different, than experiencing, because God cannot be scripted to be any One form.

Was cleaning up some potting soil this afternoon, after having done some transplanting into newspaper pots I made, and a small spider came into my field of visual attention trying to find a way home to the web. So I swept everything into a pan and put it outside, feeling a kindness for the whole experience, rather than annoyance.

And God's name can be an annoyance, can be seen as such, hearing is something else, though. Therefore, a name is tactile, has tactile association, is symbolic as holding a relationship to our own sensate fixed nature. Ok, I just made a joke. Can ya see it? Feel it? Hear it? And if you have, do you need to say "it".

Essentially, uh oh, this is gonna sound scientific... God is a number, somewhere between 1 and 10, essentially... uh oh, am gonna repeat myself, in English, my limited English... because if you saw language as numbers it would be essentially less complex, and essentially easy to state in a few words, or on one hand, clapping. We could do that I guess, ok there's two - me and you, as we - makes three. So essentially you have a trinity, when each, if being seen as Self in other incorporated one in all. And, here I go, It's not what's-his-name, but, essentially, how you say... IT.

There was a comedian once...his schtick was "Why do ya care?" with hands outstreched...

Isn't that the crux of the bisquit...do we really think the almighty is so petty he/she/it cares what we utter?

I think it more important what we utter and how we respond to each other and the world around us...that is the true indications about our respect for spirit...not what we say whilst sitting in some edifice or spout on cue.

God has many names that I cannot mention. As I have been called many names that I cannot mention, but I can, if you need to believe me.

And believing is a bit different, than experiencing, because God cannot be scripted to be any One form.

Was cleaning up some potting soil this afternoon, after having done some transplanting into newspaper pots I made, and a small spider came into my field of visual attention trying to find a way home to the web. So I swept everything into a pan and put it outside, feeling a kindness for the whole experience, rather than annoyance.

And God's name can be an annoyance, can be seen as such, hearing is something else, though. Therefore, a name is tactile, has tactile association, is symbolic as holding a relationship to our own sensate fixed nature. Ok, I just made a joke. Can ya see it? Feel it? Hear it? And if you have, do you need to say "it".

*Sigh* I know what you mean. I've also been called many names. It is just a part of life that connects moving from square one to square two. The more intense the names, the better the progress.;)

Not that this matters, but when I was just a kid, like 3 yrs, I remember being told about guardian angels, actually began praying to my guardian angel to protect me at night, because I was afraid of the dark. And my guardian, in my mind was so real, but had no name, only substance, which was non-gendered, invisible, and loving kind. This angel, became my God, as safety companion, wherever and whenever I needed I simply made space in my mind, or would intentionally step aside some, or move over some to allow my angel to come be with me, and show me, with invisible presence. And, that presence, has become my God, grew up into being with me at all times and places.

When I think of my father, who has passed away some years back, I create a sacred space of love for him. All my family and friends who come into my awareness, like sweet breezes across a field of wild flowers, I simply be there with them, as open and honest as I can be. They will never leave me, if I create the space for them to be alive in me.

I reach up to God through my family, all my family, all experience being as open to, as family. God is not something which is not something else, reaching through love, to be it.

Ok, I'm a nut, or apple seed. You can call me Johnny.

Yeah invisible friends quite common in childhood.... I had no need or invisible nor real friends :D But your "guardian angel" just another invisible friend :) Wouldn't call you a nut for it... Children fabricate what they lack in friends/family/life into some magical chum!

Each of us is like a seed, and God is the plant which bore the seed.

The duality of good/bad seed was an attempt to control the chaos of nature, and it's basically what has brought us here today, quite directly, as living, vital.

But again, back to the "real" issue of names, for God. Holiness, not to be confused with wholeness, describes a consciousness which is unknowable, as having been rejected for that. And it is in the rejecting, the present moment's rejection that God can be, and is present... the speculation evaporates as soon we look into what is being rejected. There, that is the naming it. And this as a name resembles first holiness, and wholeness.

High? Was he usin' drugs? And, which ones?

Just think of the sun as God's eye, and moon as the other. When light comes to reflect on her, um, the moon that is, she let's it go, back to the earth, like a second coming. If ya know what I mean. If not, seek therapy. I'm cheap, and here anyway.

Mankind has given God many names. I sincerely believe that all those names are expressions of devotion. Sometimes I call the God the Beloved One, Father, Mother, the Cosmic Milieu. I do not think that God has a name, but I believe that we approach God through LOVE.:)

Hermano Luis
Moriviví Hermitage

I hear God when I listen, but the name is unspoken, as everything moving in silence.

I don't know.

Listening is nonlinear, more circular.

Wait a minute, scratch that.

Scratching the itch is a linear relationship, rather than experiencing the itch we desire to make it worse.

So, don't scratch, just be.

If one listens, that is All.

Back