Your God/Goddess

For me it's the Egyptian pantheon. Bast for the female aspect and Thoth for the male

I'm also very fond of Pan just because he's sooo naughty

Julia

I went as pan to a fancy dress party once. When I was young and had the torso to carry it off. I wore high-heel shoes with laminated printed hooves attached and two goatskins on my legs held together with a lot of safety pins. Looked really effective. The next party I carried it a step further and used a lot of red body paint ;)

I went as pan to a fancy dress party once. When I was young and had the torso to carry it off. I wore high-heel shoes with laminated printed hooves attached and two goatskins on my legs held together with a lot of safety pins. Looked really effective. The next party I carried it a step further and used a lot of red body paint ;)

make sure the paints not from china, death by osmosis:eek:

For me it's the Egyptian pantheon. Bast for the female aspect and Thoth for the male

I'm also very fond of Pan just because he's sooo naughty

Julia

I find the Egyptian side very appealing. I would love to find out more about their practices but there's little in the wa of Egyptian magic. I have a book on their mythology and the Tomb of Tutenkhamun. I loved Egypt since I was little... it intrigued me for some unknown reason.

have to agree too, l think alot of us do because of the mystery, the pyramids..atlantean speculation..crystals new age old age mummies!

]was gonna mention hermes/thoth tarot [crowley:confused:] egyptian stuff but like you say we don't REALLY know about it all..then

didnt realise thoth was associated with the moon till l just looked it up. texts says his violent side was decapitating adversaries of truth and wrenching out their hearts:eek: [ency. of gods m.jordon]

I find the Egyptian side very appealing. I would love to find out more about their practices but there's little in the wa of Egyptian magic. I have a book on their mythology and the Tomb of Tutenkhamun. I loved Egypt since I was little... it intrigued me for some unknown reason.

They used a lot of amulets. They even carved likenesses of their amulets out of different colored stones to use in their funerary practices. (Stone lasts longer than a regular amulet.) The tet (a knotted amulet for binding) was a popular amulet, and was often carved out of red carnelian for funerary purposes.

They're all very glamorous and there's a lot of mystery which you don't quite get with the Romans and the Greeks as we know more about them than the Egyptians

You kind of have to go to the people who have spent their lives studying Egypt. There's the museum in cairo and I've found a good site at Egypt Travel, Tours, Vacations, Ancient Egypt from Tour Egypt which is a travel site but contains a wealth of other information

Also read Ernest A Wallis Budge, Margaret Murray (not her stuff on witchcraft) or maybe The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt which probably puts all the pertinent points into one book for those who are interested rather than obsessed

Of course, I'd love to know more about the beliefs and gods/goddesses of the Ancient Britons but we know bugger all about them unfortunately

Julia

well, for me, Indra is a male... he is... lusty, likes to get high, likes a good fight, brings rain, etc... whats not to like?

yes, as you point out, Indra is a "thunder and lightening" God, like Thor, and Jupiter..

I connect with this deity as... I have tried to connect to others, yet they do not deliver... Indra delivers... what do I mean by that? I mean, that of all the Gods I have called on, he is the only one who appears to listen... he also helps me on my allotment when I need rain I say a prayer, and the rain comes... conversely, when I ask him to stop the rain, he does- of course I use sanskrit, also, which might help...

Indra has the most hymns of any deity in the Rg Veda, and he was the "top" God before the trimurti appeared... funny how a natural force (represented by indra) was replaced by the intelligensia (represented by brahma)

the link below will take you to some portions of the Rg Veda and show Indra in all his glory...
From the Hymns of the Rigveda On-line - The Gold Scales

and if you want to know what soma might be... http://huxley.net/soma/index.html

Last edited:

Perhaps you was a king in a previous life! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:... lol..

Egypt is pretty interesting.. A king of advancements.... No matter how prepared or advanced... Nature still brought it crumbling down.

Little in the way of magic? Ancient Egypt revolved around Heka... (magic)

Perhaps you was a king in a previous life! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:... lol..

Egypt is pretty interesting.. A king of advancements.... No matter how prepared or advanced... Nature still brought it crumbling down.

Little in the way of magic? Ancient Egypt revolved around Heka... (magic)

Have you just implied that I was a man in a previous life?? :eek: lol

Nature still brought it crumbling down? The whole ancient Egyptian empire? Or their buildings?? Pretty impressive that they're still standing - as are Roman buildings.... have you seen the Roman Forum?? Pretty cool.

My first introduction to Cernunnos was the video game Thief, and Cernunnos (under another name) loved everything wild and hated every kind of technology. It was interesting because the priests of Science in the game were equally cruel as the 'Old Gods'. They were busy converting living people into bionic slaves, specifically those that lived in the wild as opposed to those in cities. Rather than good vs. evil it was about free vs. nonfree, now that I think about it. Oh, come on. A stag with lazers for eyes is kind of funny.

My favorite God is Shiva, or Ammon Re. I think, its the same.
And Goddess Hathor or Ishtar.

I don't believe in gods or goddesses although I do use them in rituals.
I Am My own God

The lore of the Ancient Wisdom says; it is advisable to choose a guru and a master. There is a triumvirate - the guide, guru, master....
So there, there is the REAL choice comes down to the Master, as you equate it to a God or Goddess, no matter...it is the same. Isis is great, I mean it, so is Jesus or Buddha or whatever you pick....sadly real gurus with a capital G are not available to most.....
So, I just wanted to start a little thread on your God or Goddess or both.

I myself have had a strong connection with Isis... I think she is the epitome of what a woman should be - strong, loving and protective.

It took me a while to get a connection with any God at all, but I eventually found a companion in Cernunnos really. Completely different kinds of Gods - one Egyptian, the other Celtic. But I'm eclectic what can I say??

Hoping there's a good number of Pagans out there....
Let me know why or how you have found your connections....

Hannah x

The LHP and particularly Luciferianism states we are to evolve to the God(dess) Within through the assistance of our Higher Self/Dæmon who is one step above us spiritually.
Once we have evolved to the point where our Dæmon Is God then we are directly in touch with our GodSelf.

I thought in Luciferianism you would pick Lucifer as your "master"? But what do I know...(I mean I know very little of your path...) not everything is logical :)
-Hermes
The LHP and particularly Luciferianism states we are to evolve to the God(dess) Within through the assistance of our Higher Self/Dæmon who is one step above us spiritually.
Once we have evolved to the point where our Dæmon Is God then we are directly in touch with our GodSelf.

Back