Jesus is not God....part 2

Re: Jesus is not God...................

Quahom1 said:
Knowing the eventual outcome of a situation, does not alleviate the discomfort of having to go through unpleasant steps in order to come to the conclusion of that situation. Because Jesus put on the mantle of man (and all that entails), ensures us that He experienced every aspect of suffering that man would.

By the way, every action has an affect on everything else, regardless of how insignificant it seems based on any particular perspective (that includes shooting the universe with a 9mm projectile).

Finally, Jesus did descend into hell, and remained there for three days. What is more impressive however is that He rose out of that place, and released a lot of souls from there, along the way.

v/r

Q

Ok, I've written and then erased my response many times because I cannot find a way to make not sound condescending if not a bit insulting. So I am sorry for not speaking my mind freely. All I can say simply is that in the context of God, with a capital G, God or any portion thereof, if you are so inclined, cannot suffer, period. If He did then He might as well be a masochist, have a depression, or commit suicide. I know, I know, everything is possible!

As for the suffering as a man portion of your answer, then explain this to me as an aside, and do not take it as an attack. As the story goes, when they opened the tomb of Jesus they did not find his body in it. I presume they found his shroud which is the basis for the legend behind the shroud of Turin, and many others. Now, does this tell us that Jesus was resurrected, as the word implies, in the body but without signs of the torture except what Hollywood portrays as the wounds from nailing his hands and feet to the cross (as a sign, I presume)? So, his body, even before transformation into divinity because he had not been to the Father yet, was not like our human bodies. It healed instantly when they closed the tomb as Mel Gibson showed us in one very good cinematic trick. I know I do not heal in a couple of hours from deep cuts and sever wounds, not to mention death. So, is it possible that such a super body, much like Superman, did not feel pain or suffering the same way we regular humans do? And if he did at his own, or the Father’s, choosing then it is not the same as when you and I feel pain? Also, his body of flesh was later transformed into something else, something divine, but without shedding itself. No one has ever claimed that they either had found his body of flesh discarded somewhere or that they saw his body of flesh vanish into dust of light like when Scotty beams us humans on Star Trek. I know that our normal bodies do not transform into something else other than worm food and lots of water. In summary, could you concede that as far as half Gods go he probably did not suffer at all even in the flesh? As for appearances, what did you expect as a performance from a divine actor? It must have been a great chance for him to show off his divine talents. A one in an eternal-time chance to impress his Father. But in the end, an actor does not really suffer in his/her performances. It is all make belief and at the end of the work day they go home safe to their spouses and children, if any.

Again, forget the first part of my response, but please respond to my second part. Forgive my style as I am not being a bad boy but my normal self is much sarcastic.

READ THIS. ACTS 2/22. "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know". THERE IS NO QUESTION JESUS WAS A MAN AND NOT GOD, WHEN GOD HIMSELF IS STATING THAT. HOW CAN WE CREATE BELIEFS WHICH ARE ACTUALLY CONTRDICTING TO GOD'S WORDS. MOREEVER JESUS NOWHERE IN BIBLE ACTUALLY HIMSELF SAID THAT HE IS GOD OR HE SAID WORSHIP ME DIRECTLY. ITS ONLY US WHO KEEP ON CORREPTING THE RELIGION AS WE WISH TO SEE IT.

BigBang said:
READ THIS. ACTS 2/22. "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know". THERE IS NO QUESTION JESUS WAS A MAN AND NOT GOD, WHEN GOD HIMSELF IS STATING THAT. HOW CAN WE CREATE BELIEFS WHICH ARE ACTUALLY CONTRDICTING TO GOD'S WORDS. MOREEVER JESUS NOWHERE IN BIBLE ACTUALLY HIMSELF SAID THAT HE IS GOD OR HE SAID WORSHIP ME DIRECTLY. ITS ONLY US WHO KEEP ON CORREPTING THE RELIGION AS WE WISH TO SEE IT.

Jesus is both man and God. He is the body in which God dwells: "the image of the invisible God."

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form (NIV)

that does not implies that jesus was God. just think it yourself why did jesus not say it himself that he was God or worship me, while this is supposed to be the basis of the our religion. why? only because he wasnt and it was madeup later on purposely.

jesus says John 14/28 for my Father is greater than I.
John 10/29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
Mathew 12/28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God.
dont you think here jesus was actually telling that the God is somone other than him.

and also consider these, God isnt joking or telling lies here.
deuteronomy 5/7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Exudus 20/3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Jesus certainly occupied a special place of favor with his father Jehovah, the most intimate place to be would be in the bosom postion and that is where he was as the bible tells us
.To be in such a bosom position of another at a banquet was indeed to occupy a special place of favor with someone. So the apostle John, whom Jesus dearly loved, "was reclining in front of Jesus’ bosom," and in such a position he "leaned back upon the breast of Jesus" and privately asked him a question at the celebration of the last Passover.—Joh 13:23, 25; 21:20.
At banquets or large feasts in the time of Jesus’ couches were placed around three sides of a table.
To be in the "bosom position" in relation to someone else reclining at a meal meant being in front of him and would also signify having his favor. (Joh 13:23) The individual having a person in the bosom position could easily carry on a confidential conversation with him. to be seated next to someone we like talking to would be a nice thing to do at a meal. so when the bible tells us Jesus was in the bosom postion he was in a very priviledged postion next to his Father Jehovah
No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him. John 1;18 yes Jesus in his pre-human life was well and truely close his father , and they were very close and Jesus knew all about his father Jehovah. but as bigbang says, Jesus was not God

BigBang said:
that does not implies that jesus was God. just think it yourself why did jesus not say it himself that he was God or worship me, while this is supposed to be the basis of the our religion. why? only because he wasnt and it was madeup later on purposely.
dont you think here jesus was actually telling that the God is somone other than him.

Who Jesus is, is a very important question - with some saying He is a man, and some saying He is God. I believe both sides are right. On earth in a mortal body, Jesus limited Himself to the role of a man because He came to die as our substitute.

Those who truly believed in Him, like Peter and Thomas, received the revelation of who He was (Mat 16:16-17, John 20:28). The Word made flesh.

Jesus did not go around openly calling Himself God or the Son of God, and yet the Sanhedrin Council wanted Him crucified because he made Himself God (The I AM). They knew what He was saying, they just did not believe it.
John 10:33 (KJV)
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

BigBang said:

and also consider these, God isnt joking or telling lies here.
deuteronomy 5/7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Exudus 20/3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Jesus did, however, say, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except through Me." (found in John 14:6)

Sure, that doesn't necessarily mean "Jesus is God," and nor does Colossians 2:9 and Colossians 1:15 (image of the invisible God).

Nevertheless, what we have are four quotes.

1 - John 1:1
2 - Colossians 1:15
3 - Colossians 2:9
4 - John 14:6

What do they suggest? They seem to imply that "Jesus is the concept" leading to God. That must also mean that God is projecting Himself through Jesus, and that Jesus is in some way revealing God.

In that sense, Jesus "is" God because the meaning of God is being conveyed by him to those around him. God is not being experienced through anything or anyone else except through him. What that would have meant was that God had chosen to localise His interaction with human beings in Jesus. That kind of hints at Colossians 2:9 that the "fullness of the Deity" dwells in bodily form.

God was channelling Himself through Jesus and wanted people to experience him that way. If God projects Himself through Jesus, Jesus takes on the identity of God, even though he is not God materially and in substance.

That's the idea behind Christianity.

So yes, the New Testament does put forward the idea that "Jesus is God." It's just not the way you probably think it works.:eek:

When we say that "Jesus is God" we do not necessarily mean "he is the whole God" but "he has the identity of God.":)

There's a difference between talking about the whole God and the identity of God. What God put in Jesus was His identity. Because God's identity was placed in Christ it is possible to know God personally, because Christ was known personally. God's identity was found in Christ.

If you dont believe in the Bible, thats one thing. But if you do, its obvious that Jesus is God. Jesus has all the same attributes as the Father and Holy Spirit. He claimed to be God by taking the name of the God of the Old Testiment (Ego Emi) "I am," and qouted it in the present tense. The jewish leaders of that time know what He ment when He said it and wanted to Kill Him for it. If they understood Jesus, why doesnt everyone else? God is ONE being but exist in a truine nature of Father Son and Spirit. The Son (Jesus) is not the father, but He is still God.

Saltmeister said:
Jesus did, however, say, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. Nobody comes to the Father except through Me." (found in John 14:6)

Sure, that doesn't necessarily mean "Jesus is God," and nor does Colossians 2:9 and Colossians 1:15 (image of the invisible God).

Nevertheless, what we have are four quotes.

1 - John 1:1
2 - Colossians 1:15
3 - Colossians 2:9
4 - John 14:6

What do they suggest? They seem to imply that "Jesus is the concept" leading to God. That must also mean that God is projecting Himself through Jesus, and that Jesus is in some way revealing God.

In that sense, Jesus "is" God because the meaning of God is being conveyed by him to those around him. God is not being experienced through anything or anyone else except through him. What that would have meant was that God had chosen to localise His interaction with human beings in Jesus. That kind of hints at Colossians 2:9 that the "fullness of the Deity" dwells in bodily form.

God was channelling Himself through Jesus and wanted people to experience him that way. If God projects Himself through Jesus, Jesus takes on the identity of God, even though he is not God materially and in substance.

That's the idea behind Christianity.

So yes, the New Testament does put forward the idea that "Jesus is God." It's just not the way you probably think it works.:eek:

When we say that "Jesus is God" we do not necessarily mean "he is the whole God" but "he has the identity of God.":)

There's a difference between talking about the whole God and the identity of God. What God put in Jesus was His identity. Because God's identity was placed in Christ it is possible to know God personally, because Christ was known personally. God's identity was found in Christ.

It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to me when we very conveniently draw conclusions (according to our heart desires) of verses which are defiantly speaking about some other simple fact. While we blindly ignore a direct statement by GOD himself (eg. Exudus 20/3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me) only to project the story we have had since our fathers and it has been imprinted on our minds (true or false whatever, we do not even think about it).

Jesus was defiantly the mightiest and most loved messenger of God but not God himself.

BigBang said:
It is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING to me when we very conveniently draw conclusions (according to our heart desires) of verses which are defiantly speaking about some other simple fact. While we blindly ignore a direct statement by GOD himself (eg. Exudus 20/3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me) only to project the story we have had since our fathers and it has been imprinted on our minds (true or false whatever, we do not even think about it).

Jesus was defiantly the mightiest and most loved messenger of God but not God himself.

Welcome to CR Bigbang. ;)

I'm going to point out some issues, and you decide:

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]God says, “I am YHWH: that is My Name: and My glory I will not give to another ... For My own sake, even for My own sake, will I do it: for how should My Name be polluted? and I will not give My glory to another.” - Isaiah 42:8 and 48:11.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]I believe God is quite specific about sharing with anyone His glory, as you also appear to be saying.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]With the above in mind, now read the following passages of Scripture concerning none other than Jesus Christ : [/SIZE][/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1. “ ... (the wise men) saw the young child (newborn Jesus) with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshipped Him (JESUS- not His mother!) ... “ MATTHEW 2:11 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2. “And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him ...” MATTHEW 8:2 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]3. “Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped Him, saying, ‘It is true You are the Son of God.’” MATTHEW 14:33 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]4. “And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, ‘All hail.’ And they came and held Him by the feet, and worshipped Him.” MATTHEW 28:9 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5. “And when they saw Him (JESUS), they worshipped Him; but some doubted.” MATTHEW 28:17 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]6. “But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped Him.” MARK 5:6 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]7. “And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven, and they worshipped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy ...” LUKE 24:52 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]8. “And he (a ‘sinner’) said, ‘Lord, I believe,’ and he worshipped Him.” JOHN 9:38 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]9. “And again, when (The Father) brings in the First-begotten into the world, He says, ‘And let all the angels of God worship Him (JESUS- Psalm 148:2).’” HEBREWS 1:6 [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]10. “And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, ‘Worthy is the Lamb (JESUS) that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard, I saying, ‘Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits on the throne, and unto the Lamb (JESUS) forever and ever. And the four beasts said, ‘Amen.’ And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped Him that lives forever and ever.” REVELATION 5:12-14 [/SIZE][/FONT]

It seems we have a big problem here. Because the passage above indicates one thing, that according to God is absolutely unacceptable. Jesus Christ is worshipped. God says that He will not share His glory with “another.” Yet those who deny Christ’s Deity must insist that He do just this, because if Jesus is worshipped but is not God Himself, then God has given His glory to “another”, not only without retribution, but with blessing and consent, and not only for a moment or two but for all the ages to see (because the Bible is the word of God).

Now, I won't say you are wrong. What I wonder, is what do we do with this apparent dillema we have?

A. The bible is wrong after Deuteronomy.

B. God had a change of heart, but didn't let man know about it.

C. The bible is correct because Jesus and God are one and the same.

Or is there another explaination?

Once again, welcome to CR.

v/r

Q​

And by the way why Moses couldnt be a better candidate for being God. he spoke to God directly (no other prophet ever did that). he gave life to inanimate objects (unlike jesus who could only work with animate origins) etc.

my point of view is that religion is not just stories and superstitions.

When God created the unverse he created logic with it. you can observe logic every where you see. just start thinking and you will not remember a single creative action of God which lacks logic.

God had no logic in becoming a son out of himself and beemed to earth only to get humilited by the humans. nor he would have done so even he would have been recognized as God by humans. for GOD's sake we are talking about the supereme being, the creater of this universe and beyond. can you imgine what that means. maybe not.

Jesus was conceived of the Spirit of God.. Moses had earthly parents.. Jesus was born sinless and lived a sinless life. Moses sinned and was born of sin.. thats why he couldnt be a candidate for God. umm abraham spoke to God Noah spoke to God.. Jonah Job Elijah Adam Ezekiel David Daniel Isaac Jacob .. how is it that you think Moses was the only one that had spoke to God?

Jesus raised the dead.. Moses didnt have power of life and death. Jesus turned 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish into enough to feed thousands of people. Hows that for inanimate.

If your going to argue something.. it pays to be a little more learned in it..

moses did not create the universe. moses is not the messiah. moses is not king of kings. moses is not the judge. moses is not the son of god.

thanks quahom.

also i speak to God whithout any claims whatso ever. :)

but what about the logic ??

BigBang said:
thanks quahom.

also i speak to God whithout any claims whatso ever. :)

but what about the logic ??

Logic. Let's look at the logic of God (from our perspective)...

God had no logic in becoming a son out of himself and beemed to earth only to get humilited by the humans. nor he would have done so even he would have been recognized as God by humans. for GOD's sake we are talking about the supereme being, the creater of this universe and beyond. can you imgine what that means. maybe not.

Logic dictates that if God, made man to be a companion (as expressedly pointed out in Genesis), that God would want to be near man (physically, as well as emotionally, and spiritually). Logic also dictates that God would expect man to wish the same (again as pointed out in Genesis).

For a time, this was a fact. Man and God walked together in paradise. Now, this was not a walk of equals by any stretch of the imagination, nor did man complain for anything. But as God brought the animals to man to be named, and as man dutifully named them large and small, God observed His greatest creation, with melancholly. Unlike the animals, man was incomplete for the existence God had placed him within. And man and God could never be intimate like the animals were, not as things stood. Man, was alone with himself, and no equal to be with. The animals were lesser and God was greater...and man was, himself.

So, logically God determined that man should not be alone in this existence. He too should have a "help meet" or help mate. Then logically man would be complete, and the communion between man and God would be right.

God, was not stupid, however. He knew He was about to introduce the element of uncertainty into the equation, between He and man, because with man having an "equal" to focus on, plus God to focus on...logically man tends to flock to those he understands finitely. We see this happening everyday between people of different classes and upbringings. He also knew that the perfection of man was going to take a lot more time...and knew that man would have to, how shall I put this - get used to the "new condition" he found himself in.

This would mean that man, would lose sight of God for a time, and God would have to remove Himself physically from the situation for that time. But, like any good stratestition, He anticipated His re-union with His most prized creation, at a later date, when His creation was more seasoned and "wise".

With me so far? ;) Or should I stop here?

v/r

Q

Dor said:
Don't forget my question Mee.

For even though there are those who are called "gods," whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many "gods" and many "lords," 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him 1 corinthians 8;5

mee said:

For even though there are those who are called "gods," whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many "gods" and many "lords," 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him 1 corinthians 8;5

You did not answer Dor's question. Why is that? How many Gods are there? Simple enough question. I don't particularly care for the tract, answer, just yours.

v/r

Q

Back