human nature - inherently good or evil?

Meditation is the art of residing in the witness. You can be at a party, in the middle of a packed dance floor dancing with 3 girls at the same time, and still be meditating. You simply have NO understanding of meditation AT ALL, so please shut up about it.

It isn't for you, cool. You keep bringing up the Golden Rule though, how exactly is your closed attitude to meditation compliant with it? What do you even think is the purpose of religion, of faith? You are wasting your own time and mine, that is all I see. Your title claims "conscientious objector", you are nothing of the sort, you are a closed minded fool, nothing more.
I for one do not like your attitude here. It is unacceptable to call anyone here a closed minded fool, that is an ad hominem attack and against the rules, aside from being very rude, I mean really this is Enlightenment, I don't want any part of it then.

This forum has the capacity to be a gentle forum where all the world's religious/philosophical systems can converge, discuss, debate, and compare/contrast beliefs.

There is no room for this type of behavior in my opinion.

Not to derail the thread entirely (sorry), obviously playing fretless allows for microtonal playing as well as adjusting non-Western scales to their correct quarter tones, I use a number of tunings such as DADGAD, and dropped D a lot. On my recordings I have at times used non-equal temperaments, they provide such wonderful colors and contrasts.

Well, I'll shut up now! :rolleyes:

i allways liked open D with a slide, really nice sound.

Meditation is the art of residing in the witness. You can be at a party, in the middle of a packed dance floor dancing with 3 girls at the same time, and still be meditating. You simply have NO understanding of meditation AT ALL, so please shut up about it.

It isn't for you, cool. You keep bringing up the Golden Rule though, how exactly is your closed attitude to meditation compliant with it? What do you even think is the purpose of religion, of faith? You are wasting your own time and mine, that is all I see. Your title claims "conscientious objector", you are nothing of the sort, you are a closed minded fool, nothing more.

Take the plank out of your own eye before you point out the mote in another's.:rolleyes:

Lunitik,
To have and be able to express opinions and thoughts is what IO is all about. However, personal demeaning is not acceptable. Please maintain respect for the other members.:)

v/r

Q
Mod

Not to derail the thread entirely (sorry), obviously playing fretless allows for microtonal playing as well as adjusting non-Western scales to their correct quarter tones, I use a number of tunings such as DADGAD, and dropped D a lot. On my recordings I have at times used non-equal temperaments, they provide such wonderful colors and contrasts.

Well, I'll shut up now! :rolleyes:

Beware the Tritone!!!! :eek:

human nature = inherently Lusty for friction-based sense-gratification.

End of story.

Society = regulated sense-gratification for it's own sake.

Regulated sense-gratification for equal and just sense-gratification for all!

End of story.

Eh? Whatcha say? I just blew my hearing out listening to Kidneythieves for a couple of hours. Can you speak louder? :p

Is it my boldness inherited from my cut n paste of the Thread title?

Was it the Capital Letter at the start of each sentence?

Was it the concluding exclamation Mark?

Please maintain respect for the other members.:)

I have spent 5 months trying to respect this person while showing them another way, I cannot maintain respect any longer because this persons attitude is utterly frustrating in its absurdity.

Blocking them makes it difficult to follow conversations because they are so active, then, once the conversations I am currently involved with are over I plan to stop using this site so the issue should not persist. I will try to reduce my direct addresses to this person, but otherwise your request is not possible for me to fulfill.

Is it my boldness inherited from my cut n paste of the Thread title?

Was it the Capital Letter at the start of each sentence?

Was it the concluding exclamation Mark?

It was probably the overly simplified nature of your statement, and the absurdity of the societal statement. While it is true that there are laws in most societies pertaining to sex, it is not universally applicable and thus cannot be said to be true.

Society is about mutual survival, about supporting each members life to ensure the furthering of the community. It has outlived its welcome, I think, as certain events in the Middle East show - when identified with the crowd, people will do things that as an individual they wouldn't even consider. It is not longer necessary for survival since companies provide and the individual works to buy those items. Now we need to support the individual, not create societies. Socializing is still vital to the species, but there should not be so much conformity imposed.

It was probably the overly simplified nature of your statement, and the absurdity of the societal statement. While it is true that there are laws in most societies pertaining to sex, it is not universally applicable and thus cannot be said to be true.

Society is about mutual survival, about supporting each members life to ensure the furthering of the community.

No, I blew my hearing out. {Is it contagious? :eek: }

It is telling though that you boil everything down essentially to sexuality though, there are many aspects of selfishness and you have brought it to this culmination - I would say it is strange, but it is exactly the disease that current religions are spreading.

Society is about mutual survival, about supporting each members life to ensure the furthering of the community. It has outlived its welcome, I think, as certain events in the Middle East show - when identified with the crowd, people will do things that as an individual they wouldn't even consider. It is not longer necessary for survival since companies provide and the individual works to buy those items. Now we need to support the individual, not create societies. Socializing is still vital to the species, but there should not be so much conformity imposed.
There are few actual 'Individuals', what happens is that most people wear a different mask for each engagement, one at home, one at work, one with close friends, one for strangers, one when alone, one in public, etc.

The True Self is hidden and which mask being the True Self is confused.
A True Individual wears the same mask everywhere they are.

There are few actual 'Individuals', what happens is that most people wear a different mask for each engagement, one at home, one at work, one with close friends, one for strangers, one when alone, one in public, etc.

Correct, I have been trying to let you see your true self and you go on mocking me for it...

End of story.

Here you go Loony. I've corrected your paper work.
Don't tell the Teacher I did so.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good and evil revolve around "owner-ship Rights" ergo, the essence of the Ten conmandments.

Interestingly, I agree. This is seattlegal here, in my spare account where I stash all my overflow graphics. Lab Assistant's avatar visually reflects what you have said in this post.

Here you go Loony. I've corrected your paper work.
Don't tell the Teacher I did so.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good and evil revolve around "owner-ship Rights" ergo, the essence of the Ten conmandments.

I do not find this useful either, human nature is inherently what it is, it is not useful to decide for or against it because neither are going to effect anything. Either, in deciding for, you will justify indulgence, or deciding against, you will try to fight it. If you split it into aspects which are good and aspects which are bad, you are not an authentic person, slicing and dicing your being into parts is a very abusive thing to do to yourself.

It becomes an insanity, but it is common so we all just accept it. It is an illness most all humans are infected with, so much so that it is strange to find someone which just embraces life as it already is. This is the basic nature of an avatar or enlightened person, that is how rare it is.

Back