What is the essence of all religions?

LOL . . . with my Inner Eye I was referring to my ability to imagine and project into that
Sorry for the confusion

All of these inner eyes poking around remind me of the Greek giant, Argus? :D
It's all Greek!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL9whwwTK6I
Yep. Judaic, Christian or Islam scholasticism (or neo-scholasticism) aways seem to circle back to Aristotle.
I read that Christianity adopted many of Aristotle's ideas...
I like how Aristotle explained Prime Mover as Creator... The only way a Prime mover could influence change without a previous "move" is through attraction... "God is love."

IMO, Religion is a way for people to unify (legion).
It satisfies an overwhelming need to belong, be connected, in life and after life.

All of these inner eyes poking around remind me of Argus? :D

I read that Christianity adopted many of Aristotle's ideas...
I like how Aristotle explained Prime Mover as Creator... The only way a Prime mover could influence change without a previous "move" is through attraction... "God is love."

IMO, Religion is a way for people to unify (legion).
It satisfies an overwhelming need to belong, be connected, in life and after life.
In essence religion gives comfort and creates community

Depends on where you are from. Mother is co-creator (and center of community) in many shamanistic groups.

To project gender onto God is simply foolish, it remains basically childish because you want the nurturing your mother gave in your youth, the protection your father gave, it is basically a refusal to grow up.

It can be forgiven of man in those ancient days, but man must eventually become as an adult, he must develop into something more mature.

These consolations cannot remain with him forever!

In essence religion gives comfort and creates community

I would say these are exactly why religion as it is remains poisonous.

True religion brings about individuality, but it requires facing and accepting all that creates discomfort in you. The mature person does not accept consolations, the very nature of his maturity is that he sees them for what they are and overcomes them.

Free from all absurdities created to mask reality, only then is reality encountered directly, purely. If there is any other goal to religion, I do not know it, although most religion is the very nature of those absurdities so it might be difficult to see.

Religion MUST be a path to growth, not a way to remain as a child.

Unconscious elements have no relationship to the ego, the ego is not the whole personality but must be completed by the more comprehensive self, the center of the personality is largely unconscious. In a healthy person, the ego takes a secondary position to the unconscious self.

An overemphasis on expanding one’s conscious psyche can lead to psychological imbalance. Healthy individuals are in contact with the conscious world but also allow themselves to experience their unconscious self. When this happens the individual can then achieve individuation.

Universal concepts like God, mother, water, earth, are transmitted through the generations so that people in every time have been influenced by their primate ancestor’s primordial experiences. The contents of the collective unconscious are the same (more or less) for people of every culture. These influence our myths, legends, and religions. Initially contact with these images are forms without content but with practice the content emerges and become relatively autonomous images called archetypes.

The Great mother Archetype is a derivative of the animus and anima. Every man and women possess a great mother archetype. The great mother represents the opposing forces of fertility and nourishment on the one hand and power and destruction on the other. It is also known as godmother, Mother of God, Mother Nature, Mother Earth, the stepmother, and even Witch.

It once filled the niche that modern day psychology now fills.

I cannot agree, psychology is a treatment for the sick mind, it is not a way to go beyond the mind. Psychology is an even worse consolation, but I can respect it because it doesn't mask its purpose - it freely hands you consolation devices, ways to convince yourself you're ok.

It is not a way to come to your potentiality, but in the West man is basically ignorant that there is something higher than a mind which is not unhealthy.

Unconscious elements have no relationship to the ego, the ego is not the whole personality but must be completed by the more comprehensive self, the center of the personality is largely unconscious. In a healthy person, the ego takes a secondary position to the unconscious self.

This is just utter nonsense.

The ego is the nature of the divide between unconscious and conscious thoughts. Things which the ego has decided to repress remain in the unconscious, and as the ego becomes weaker these things surface.

The goal is to have no unconscious at all, it is to permit all without identification, and this creates something healthy because there is no more anything trying to get revenge, you are no longer obsessed with things which have already passed because you did not allow their natural exhaustion.

I cannot agree, psychology is a treatment for the sick mind, it is not a way to go beyond the mind. Psychology is an even worse consolation, but I can respect it because it doesn't mask its purpose - it freely hands you consolation devices, ways to convince yourself you're ok.

It is not a way to come to your potentiality, but in the West man is basically ignorant that there is something higher than a mind which is not unhealthy.

We are talking about religion, not spirituality, per se here, no?
An example would be the winter solace festival of lights, which served to raise people's spirits during the long, dark winter months. Seasonal affective disorder is not just a modern invention.

An overemphasis on expanding one’s conscious psyche can lead to psychological imbalance. Healthy individuals are in contact with the conscious world but also allow themselves to experience their unconscious self. When this happens the individual can then achieve individuation.

There is only an imbalance if you create an identification with whatsoever arises. In healthy individuals, there is no divide, since it is the very meaning of the word. What you call individuation is what I call enlightenment, it is to creation of a whole being - the original meaning of holy.

The rest of your post was pure nonsense, so I won't touch on it accept to say that ultimately our being has no gender at all, but first we must find the masculine and feminine aspects of ourselves and merge them. Society has created a basic divide from our very childhood that due to our gender certain things must be done, while others cannot be done. We have to see this and overcome it...

The enlightened person simply is, there is no concern for gender at all, or anything else which divides their nature.

This is just utter nonsense.

The ego is the nature of the divide between unconscious and conscious thoughts. Things which the ego has decided to repress remain in the unconscious, and as the ego becomes weaker these things surface.

The goal is to have no unconscious at all, it is to permit all without identification, and this creates something healthy because there is no more anything trying to get revenge, you are no longer obsessed with things which have already passed because you did not allow their natural exhaustion.
LOL . . . you're not arguing with me, you're arguing with a Professor of Theoretical Psychology, Carl Jung.

But We should take the ravings of a Lunitik over Him of course.

We are talking about religion, not spirituality, per se here, no?
An example would be the winter solace festival of lights, which served to raise people's spirits during the long, dark winter months. Seasonal affective disorder is not just a modern invention.

For me, religion also overcomes spiritualism and materialism, for it is the re-binding of all divisions in our psyche. This is why I cannot respect psychology, it is basically an attempt to cause you to accept the divisions. People become depressed during certain seasons because they become too involved in it, they do not want it to be raining or cold but neither are ceasing on their behest. It is basically foolishness, and no festival can cure this, it only distracts you for a few hours or days.

Back