The Return of an unfamiliar Jesus?

To say he wouldn't endorse any particular religion, is correct (save the caring for widows and orphans). To say he is already returned, true. He never really left. I mean, Jesus bodilly rose up and away, and the Holy Spirit arrived (and hasn't left since). We call it the "pentacost"...

God is always with us.

You know how in the New Testament Jesus explains that Elijah did return, that John the Baptist was that return of Elijah? John the Baptist himself said that he wasn't Elijah, but Jesus said that John was Elijah. What that means to me is the return of the attributes, the quality and character of Elijah, not the same individual. I believe it's the same with the return of Christ. I believe He has a new name, and came as a thief in the night. He wrote to the leaders of the world, to the kings and emperors. After they ignored Him, they lost all their empires.

John Henry Newman, as an Anglican clergyman, began a book entitled "Essays in Defence of Christian Doctrine" ... it took him ten years to write, and half way through he converted to Catholicism.

I have a good friend who was Catholic. She still loves Catholicism but is now a Baha'i.

To say he wouldn't endorse any particular religion, is correct (save the caring for widows and orphans). To say he is already returned, true. He never really left. I mean, Jesus bodilly rose up and away, and the Holy Spirit arrived (and hasn't left since). We call it the "pentacost"...

Isn't there also a Pagan celebration at the same time as the Pentecost?

Isn't there also a Pagan celebration at the same time as the Pentecost?
PENTECOST
A name used in the Christian Greek Scriptures to denote the Festival of Harvest (Ex 23:16) or Festival of Weeks (Ex 34:22), called also "the day of the first ripe fruits." (Nu 28:26)

Instructions for this festival are found at Leviticus 23:15-21; Numbers 28:26-31; Deuteronomy 16:9-12.

It was to be celebrated on the 50th day (Pentecost means "Fiftieth [Day]") from Nisan 16, the day that the barley sheaf was offered. (Le 23:15, 16) In the Jewish calendar it falls on Sivan 6.

It was after the barley harvest and the beginning of the harvest of wheat, which ripened later than the barley.—Ex 9:31, 32.

Symbolic Significance of the Festival.

It was on the day of Pentecost that the holy spirit was poured out by Jesus Christ on the group of about 120 disciples in the upper room at Jerusalem in the year 33 C.E. (Ac 1:13-15)

Jesus had been resurrected on Nisan 16, the day of the offering of the barley sheaf by the high priest.

He was, in a figurative sense, without leaven, which represents sin. (Heb 7:26)

At Pentecost, as the great High Priest, he could present to his Father Jehovah additional spiritual sons, Jesus’ footstep followers, who were taken from sinful mankind and who accepted his sacrifice.

The approval by God of Jesus’ own human sacrifice and of Jesus’ presentation of his disciples (although born in sin) to be spiritual sons of God was manifested by the pouring out of God’s spirit upon them.

The fact that there were two loaves of newly ripened grain that were presented to Jehovah at Pentecost indicates that more than one person would be involved in the fulfillment.

It may also point to the fact that those who become spirit-begotten followers of Jesus Christ would be taken from two groups on earth: First from the natural circumcised Jews, and later from all the other nations of the world, the Gentiles.—Compare Eph 2:13-18.

When we view the exquisite loveliness found throughout this wondrous earth, surely we must exclaim: "How many your works are, O Jehovah! All of them in wisdom you have made. The earth is full of your productions."—Psalm 104:24.

"Your word is truth."—JOHN 17:17.
SO do you think without Darwin, you could understand the truth of evolution?

Or better still, was Darwin of God's world?

Then since we know the term 'evolution' was prepared and published within the context of Darwin's research, then as being a part of God, then is it possible that you may not understand God?

That it is your choice 'not to understand' than of God which is easy to see as a selfish predetermination of both you and the faith you promote.

Meaning; the word evolved just as knowledge evolves and since the words of knowledge evolve within the term of man's comprehension; the there are pure grounds to comprehend..........

ALL WORDS ARE THE CREATION OF MANKIND; within existence (God).

Is the truth; kind of unfamiliar to you?

Is the truth; kind of unfamiliar to you?

the truth of Gods word is very familiar to mee and it is the bible :)
It claims to be a lamp to guide one’s path.—Ps. 119:105.

For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope romans 15;4

and it is very good

the truth of Gods word is very familiar to mee and it is the bible :)
Before the nicene council or afterwards?

WHich bible? Specifically? And in which language is your choice of interpretations?

It claims to be a lamp to guide one’s path.—Ps. 119:105.
A song claims, 'it claims to be a light'........ ?

well the truth is of light...... but I am looking for the 'it' to be the same definition of the bible you are to define as true.

...... the post or prior nicene creed, language and version of course..... under the definition of 'it' .... is what we are looking for.

Show us the book JC himself endorsed

For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope romans 15;4
and it is very good
Hope is all you get in beliefs of magic. Beliefs in the words defined of selfish men; like a council of religious preachers with lots of alter boys.

Truth is what you get from him who hath understanding. But no magic, no people on clouds waving magic wands 'undoing sins' and all them platapus's have a description in evolution and the children of the future have reasoned choice as promised by most every religion on earth.

Simply the 'unfamiliar' recognitition is based on your choice and lack of integrity with yourself, God and Jesus Christ himself!

You choose to retain the faith as you are taught from men, rather than allow your conscious awareness of existence (GOD) lead you into understanding of the truth.

Simply if the 'return' was in direct contact, what would you expect?

Knowledge of the Most Holy One is what understanding is

then you know this Mark 10

17And as he is going forth into the way, one having run and having kneeled to him, was questioning him, `Good teacher, what may I do, that life age-during I may inherit?'

18And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God;

19the commands thou hast known: Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder, Thou mayest not steal, Thou mayest not bear false witness, Thou mayest not defraud, Honour thy father and mother.'

20And he answering said to him, `Teacher, all these did I keep from my youth.'
21And Jesus having looked upon him, did love him, and said to him, `One thing thou dost lack; go away, whatever thou hast -- sell, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, be following me, having taken up the cross.'

and what is the cross (electric and magnetic fields at perpendicular planes)

LIGHT!

And if light is life; to teach is continuing the light!

But the issue is only one thing; the teachings must be true! No beliefs, no magic, no omnipotence as to lean or use these is a 'loss to the common' (bad) and not of God: the total!

Jesus himself on this quoted piece did not have the first 4 commandments; did you notice this?

Meaning JC himself knew the humility is in what we do, not of faith!

The return of an unfamiliar Elijah....

Jesus was asked how He could be the Messiah if the return of Elijah hadn't happened yet. He said it did already happen... it was John the Baptist.

History repeats itself.

He came with a new name.

Dawud, I think you've got an interesting idea, however my opinion doesn't turn a single light red or green. Really, this could be asking for too much; but consider my point of view of Acts 1:11 in relation to this.

As you say, the Jewish authorities asked John the Baptist if he was Elijah, because he was baptizing. John said 'No'(John 1:21), and that was his official position on the subject, however Jesus said the John B. was Elijah, and so did Gabriel (Luke 1) -- if only in spirit and power. John B. walked in the spirit and power of Elijah in fulfillment of the prophecy at the end of Malachi chapter 4. This makes sense to me, since Elisha walked in the spirit of Elijah long ago, so there is a precedent for it. It says John the Baptist was sent from God, which is similar to saying that Elijah ascended to God, since he who can ascend has the stairs to descend and vice-versa.

In contrast with Elijah, Jesus is to return 'in like manner' to the way he left.(Acts 1:11), although he does not say this himself. It is spoken by angels to the apostles as Jesus is flying up into the air. Can we take this description of his ascension as physical, but consider his return to be non physical? Additionally, his ascension is better than Elijah's, so why should his return only be through someone else?

The return of an unfamiliar Elijah....

Jesus was asked how He could be the Messiah if the return of Elijah hadn't happened yet. He said it did already happen... it was John the Baptist.

History repeats itself.

He came with a new name.
Jesus has a new name since he was given great arthority only Jesus has that aurthority.Daniel 7;13-14

In Bible prophecy "a new name" can signify a new position or privilege.Revelation 2:17; 3:12.

The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine. Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.’
revelation 3;12-13

His eyes are a fiery flame, and upon his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, revelation19;12

yes Jesus has been given great arthority and no one but Jesus was given it .Daniel 7;13-14

but Jesus will have his faithful ones who conquer with him

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. revelation 14;1

To each conquering anointed one, Christ will grant the privilege of ‘sitting down with him on his throne, even as he conquered and sat down with his Father on His throne.

Yes, to the anointed conquerors, Jesus promises the grand reward of a throne with him at his Father’s right hand in heaven.

And the conquering other sheepJohn 10;16 look forward to a wonderful place on earth under Kingdom rule.

Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.
matthew 5;5

then you know this Mark 10

17And as he is going forth into the way, one having run and having kneeled to him, was questioning him, `Good teacher, what may I do, that life age-during I may inherit?'

18And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God;

19the commands thou hast known: Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder, Thou mayest not steal, Thou mayest not bear false witness, Thou mayest not defraud, Honour thy father and mother.'
20And he answering said to him, `Teacher, all these did I keep from my youth.'
21And Jesus having looked upon him, did love him, and said to him, `One thing thou dost lack; go away, whatever thou hast -- sell, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come, be following me, quote]

Indeed i do :)

And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?"

18 Jesus said to him: "Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.

19 You know the commandments, ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’"

20 The man said to him: "Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth on."

21 Jesus looked upon him and felt love for him and said to him: "One thing is missing about you: Go, sell what things you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower."

and not forgetting verse 22

22 But he grew sad at the saying and went off grieved, for he was holding many possessions.

Suddenly thrust upon the young ruler was a weighty decision.

What would he do?

Would he willingly give up material riches and become a follower of Jesus, or would he hold on to what he had?

Would he pursue treasures on earth, or would he seek treasures in heaven?

It must have been a difficult choice for him.

He was clearly interested in spiritual values, for he kept the Law and inquired what more he could do to win God’s favor.

His decision? He "went off grieved, for he was holding many possessions."Mark 10:22

The young ruler’s decision was not wise. If he had become a faithful follower of Jesus, he could have received what he was searching for—everlasting life.

We are not told what happened to that young man.
We do know, however, that about four decades later, the Roman armies devastated Jerusalem and much of Judea. Many Jews lost both their riches and their lives.

In contrast with the young ruler, the apostle Peter and other disciples made a good choice.

They "left all things" and followed Jesus.

How that decision benefited them!
Jesus told them that they would receive many times more than what they left behind. Moreover, they would inherit everlasting life.

Theirs was a decision that they did not have to regret later.—Matthew 19:27-29.

Mark 10

So why does anyone call Jesus God?

Jesus states here 'no one is good, except one - God'

Nothing here about humility to God, Just follow the rules......... nothing about 'spiritual'.... nor about honoring "HE" as god or begging for forgiveness of sins.......

He said 'follow the rules'
22 But he grew sad at the saying and went off grieved, for he was holding many possessions.

Suddenly thrust upon the young ruler was a weighty decision.

What would he do?

Would he willingly give up material riches and become a follower of Jesus, or would he hold on to what he had?
So that is a question to you; do you retain what foolishness of beliefs or are you ready to grow and evolve with true knowledge?

Would he pursue treasures on earth, or would he seek treasures in heaven?
This is heaven! You live in it now! The key is do you choose 'good' and live longer or do you retain what you have and die with it?

It must have been a difficult choice for him.
He was clearly interested in spiritual values, for he kept the Law and inquired what more he could do to win God’s favor.
win god's favor? Nothing of the sort in there about that. Nor the spiritual values? Seems you are kind of ad-libbing to the stories.

Are you a preacher; they tend to add words into a scripture; to keep the fibs alive.

In contrast with the young ruler, the apostle Peter and other disciples made a good choice.
They "left all things" and followed Jesus.

How that decision benefited them!
Jesus told them that they would receive many times more than what they left behind. Moreover, they would inherit everlasting life.

Theirs was a decision that they did not have to regret later.—Matthew 19:27-29.

So the question is what did they gain? Or the question defined specifically 'how that decision benefitted them.'

What is ever lasting life?

Let's see what you have learned.

Jesus has a new name since he was given great arthority only Jesus has that aurthority.Daniel 7;13-14

In Bible prophecy "a new name" can signify a new position or privilege.Revelation 2:17; 3:12.
New Person....

nothing in Daniel about Jesus.... that book is talking about a completely different guy.

The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from my God, and that new name of mine. Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations.’
revelation 3;12-13
New Jerusalem/ behind the Taos

Name; the final math.

His eyes are a fiery flame, and upon his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, revelation19;12
Kind of arrogant with truth upon the mind and the math is not for sale.

but Jesus will have his faithful ones who conquer with him

And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads. revelation 14;1
The knowledge is upon their forheads and with the truth, each can judge equally. The reduced amount (only 144k) I believe must be the few who see before the war. as during it will be real ugly and why, 'stays in' Zion as no one would ever want to see what is coming.

To each conquering anointed one, Christ will grant the privilege of ‘sitting down with him on his throne, even as he conquered and sat down with his Father on His throne.
No throwns. No man deserves a thrown, nor does an 'undescribable' god sit on a thrown but them who see and know the truth shall have access to council. In which throughout history the words offered as gifts to the religions; most of the per se 'contributors' Mohammed, JC etc.... were never alive during the writings of the books that claim their prophet; but this time around, the words will make print before the physical death.

New Person....

nothing in Daniel about Jesus.... that book is talking about a completely different guy.

New Person, I agree. I believe the Return of Christ is a New Person. The return of the same Sun, the same Light, not the same individual, the same person.

bishadi, can you elaborate more on these topics?
New Person....

The knowledge is upon their forheads and with the truth, each can judge equally. The reduced amount (only 144k) I believe must be the few who see before the war. as during it will be real ugly and why, 'stays in' Zion as no one would ever want to see what is coming.

No thrones. No man deserves a throne, nor does an 'undescribable' god sit on a thrown but them who see and know the truth shall have access to council. In which throughout history the words offered as gifts to the religions; most of the per se 'contributors' Mohammed, JC etc.... were never alive during the writings of the books that claim their prophet; but this time around, the words will make print before the physical death.

hope to hear from you soon.

Just an aside that seems related to the topic:

One major problem mankind faces is that our life's span is relatively short so that positive innovations in one generation don't always get absorbed by the next. One question Jesus openly asked was "When the son of man comes, will he find faith in the earth?"

So why does anyone call Jesus God?

Jesus states here 'no one is good, except one - God'

He didnt call him God, he recognized that he was a good teacher, but Jesus knew that it was JEHOVAH that had taught Jesus well ,and he knew that the most high is the one to be kneeling down too.

Jesus was setting things straight and always put over the correct way

mee sticks to what the bible really teaches , Jesus is not God , but many have been misled by manmade trinity doctrines.

sticking to what the bible REALLY teaches means ACCURATE KNOWLEDGEjohn 17;3

Back