Why Do People Like To Talk About Their Spiritual Beliefs?

In other words, am I a state of consciousness according to your view? If so, how can I animate or switch states of consciousness? If not, then what is this individual experience I have, which is distinct from yours, or Muhammad_Isa's?
Hi, you are not a state of consciousness, you are embodying a state- you are consciousness itself (spirit, mind, imagination). And what makes the state you are in different from another person is the way your mind is arranged. Not excluding that we have identity.

Moving from state to state is the thing that I believe we are called to master as it requires a disciplined mind. We are always moving through states, health to sickness, poverty to wealth etc. Often unconsciously and following the collective consciousness of humanity or our family or our country, etc.

I am taught that we change states by putting on the new or ideal state- in our mind, in imagination and my assuming we are already it (as you believe so shall it be done unto you; as you sow so shall you reap). We deny what our senses report to us and remain in that belief until it becomes visible or made flesh in our world. We bridle the tongue and don’t speak contrary to it’s fulfillment. We watch our minds, what we chatter about to ourselves. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. I think it’s an art form so to speak and we keep practicing to figure out what works best for us. Regardless, we are always creating our reality. All things are possible with God.

So this is how I define lust in scripture. When we lust after the flesh, we think that what we want comes from out there, from the world, from others and so we struggle (sweat of the brow) and wrestle with life. It’s called evil. It’s a perversion of the creative power. Everything is already ours in God. We are to never lust after the flesh (the flesh profiteth nothing, it is the Spirit which quickens).

Ask an enlightened Hebrew how to intentionally move between states. They are the best teachers. (Israel means - he shall rule as God.)

Reactions: RJM
But that has always been understood in the Abrahamic religions – indeed that has been understood since antiquity – I don't see any new info in that regard.

Oracles, Prophets, whatever we call them, are inspired by God, illuminated by the light, but they are not the light as such.

But then Jesus is more than a Messenger...

A messenger is always more than flesh Thomas, I think it best to just offer you what Baha'u'llah offered to all Christians and start with a Biblical thought.

GENESIS 1 NIV3 And God said,“Let there be light,” and there was light.

Christ also says the He is the light of the world, this is the Light we are to be born again into, as the earthly sun does not sustain the spirit.

Baha'u'llah offered;

"Say: O concourse of Christians! We have, on a previous occasion, revealed Ourself unto you, and ye recognized Me not. This is yet another occasion vouchsafed unto you. This is the Day of God; turn ye unto Him…. The Beloved One loveth not that ye be consumed with the fire of your desires. Were ye to be shut out as by a veil from Him, this would be for no other reason than your own waywardness and ignorance. Ye make mention of Me, and know Me not. Ye call upon Me, and are heedless of My Revelation…. O people of the Gospel! They who were not in the Kingdom have now entered it, whilst We behold you, in this day, tarrying at the gate. Rend the veils asunder by the power of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Bounteous, and enter, then, in My name My Kingdom. Thus biddeth you He Who desireth for you everlasting life…. We behold you, O children of the Kingdom, in darkness. This, verily, beseemeth you not. Are ye, in the face of the Light, fearful because of your deeds? Direct yourselves towards Him…. Verily, He [Jesus] said: ‘Come ye after Me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.’ In this day, however, We say: ‘Come ye after Me, that We may make you to become the quickeners of mankind.’”

Thus the quandary Thomas, Christian's would offer the Jews missed Jesus Message, Baha’u’llah is now saying Christians have missed what they wait for.

This is also the quandary of any Baha'i, as how do you spread such an important Message when prolteszing is forbidden?

God bless all here on Interfaith Forums. Regards Tony

Not according to Christian doctrine – that would require change in the Godhead, and we hold God above all contingency.

As does a Muslim and a Baha'i. Both the Quran and the Baha'i Writings also explain this in great detail.

I see that is what the world misses when we choose to narrow our vision to only one dawn of one Day of God. A day that the Bible says can last 1000 years before the Sun rises again.

Do you see what is meant by what is offered above? That I see there has been the dawn of 3 Days of God since Jesus walked this earth.

The 1st Woe, the 2nd Woe and the 3rd Woe that came quickly. What's more this is very strong and firm Biblical reasoning.

Muhammad gave us the reason why faith is conditional on our own selves, Muhammad offered, "There is no compulsion in religion".

Regards Tony

I said:
There are many satans amongst God's creation. They despise believers.

This is why Almighty God calls the disbelievers "kafirs" in the Qur'an.
kafir derives from the word kufr .. literally "to cover".

This is how satan behaves. he knows very well that Almighty God created everything,
but pretends that he doesn't believe it, and has intention to deceive.

Do I believe that everybody who is not a Muslim is a kafir?
No .. I do not. Almighty God knows who is a kafir and who isn't.

I like to think good of everybody until proved otherwise.

Yes, but I "know" it is. :)
Because, unlike you two, I believe that the author of the Qur'an is none but Almighty God.

There are many satans amongst God's creation. They despise believers.

So as the Almighty God is above all Attributes, who was it that Gave the Quran.

;)

Now you can see why Christains have made Jesus the Christ God, as Jesus and Muhammad are our only paths to God and all we can know of God.

Luckily for us all, Baha’u’llah (Glory of God) has now explained this in detail.

I think it best I now remain silent, I have said enough, all are aware that I see there has been another Messenger. For me to now reply and offer more, would not be true to the Faith I have embraced.

God bless all and much Love to you all.

Regards Tony

I can't agree with that.
You are trying to manipulate the meaning of eternal.
I would agree that some people will be in a hell [ of their own making ], and be taken out of it.

I do NOT agree that there will not be some people in hell FOREVER !
God is Love.

God is Love.

That is one of His attributes .. yes.
However, as many atheists would say, if Almighty God is "love",
then why does He let His creatures suffer without preventing the evil?
Why has he given us the choice to become a Saint .. or conversely an evil oppressor?

Why should you think that while we are in this world, then God "holds back His love",
but in the next world, a completely new regime exists where God behaves totally differently?

That is one of His attributes .. yes.
Why has he given us the choice to become a Saint .. or conversely an evil oppressor?

Why should you think that while we are in this world, then God "holds back His love",
but in the next world, a completely new regime exists where God behaves totally differently?
Beloved let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is love.

Actually, those would be rather strange atheists, wrestling with God like that...

Beloved let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is love.

That sounds all very nice, but we have to be aware of evil.
If somebody thrusts a broken glass in your face, I don't find that an act of love .. sorry.

Evil can be committed by anybody .. believer or disbeliever in God.
We need to know how to guard against evil. Belief alone is not enough.

That sounds all very nice, but we have to be aware of evil.
If somebody thrusts a broken glass in your face, I don't find that an act of love .. sorry.

Evil can be committed by anybody .. believer or disbeliever in God.
We need to know how to guard against evil. Belief alone is not enough.
St Paul does not agree with that. St Paul says the study of evil is bottomless; it can never prepare one, because evil always finds a way.

He advises rather to cling to love and cling to good, as the defence against evil. Imo

"Let love be without pretence. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good"
Romans 12:9

Read full passage:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans 12:9-21&version=KJV

St Paul does not agree with that. St Paul says the study of evil is bottomless; it can never prepare one, because evil always finds a way.

He advises rather to cling to love and cling to good, as the defence against evil. Imo

"Let love be without pretence. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good"

You are contradicting yourself.
How can you "abhor evil", if you don't even know what evil is?

A good example would be usury. Many people define usury as an "unreasonable" increase in price or cost of borrowing.
Almighty God does not define it like that. How can one claim to love their brother, but only loan money to them if they
are making a decent profit?
That is not love .. that is complete and utter oppression. A person expects to earn money, just because they have it
and couldn't give a toss about anybody else.

The global financial system operates like this, and we wonder why we have problems with war and immigration?

How can you "abhor evil", if you don't even know what evil is?
Christ advises to be like innocent children, place all trust in Him.
A good example would be usury. Many people define usury as an "unreasonable" increase in price or cost of borrowing.
Almighty God does not define it like that. How can one claim to love their brother, but only loan money to them if they
are making a decent profit?
That is not love .. that is complete and utter oppression. A person expects to earn money, just because they have it
and couldn't give a toss about anybody else.

The global financial system operates like this, and we wonder why we have problems with war and immigration?
The world is a hard place. Christ never tried to change the world: "Render to Caesar what is Ceasar's, and to God what is God's"

God cares about the soul first. Imo

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
Proverbs 3:5-7

The world is a hard place. Christ never tried to change the world: "Render to Caesar what is Ceasar's, and to God what is God's"

God cares about the soul first. Imo

That's right .. the world is a hard place.
Do you know when usury started to become commonplace?

Development of banking spread from northern Italy throughout the Holy Roman Empire, and in the 15th and 16th century to northern Europe. This was followed by a number of important innovations that took place in Amsterdam during the Dutch Republic in the 17th century, and in London since the 18th century. During the 20th century, developments in telecommunications and computing caused major changes to banks' operations and let banks dramatically increase in size and geographic spread.
- wiki -

..so there we have it. It is "Christendom" that is responsible. The role of Amsterdam and then London are particularly shocking, and are associated with the Reformation and Protestantism. [ colonialism ]

Today, the whole world takes the attitude "if you can't beat them then join them" .. look at China, for example.

I agree that it "starts in our own souls", but who cares? The Christian world? It seems not !

... So there we have it. It is "Christendom" that is responsible. The role of Amsterdam and then London are particularly shocking, and are associated with the Reformation and Protestantism. [ colonialism ]

Today, the whole world takes the attitude "if you can't beat them then join them" .. look at China, for example.

I agree that it "starts in our own souls", but who cares? The Christian world? It seems not !
Is that what Christ taught?

Read full passage:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans 12:9-21&version=KJV

You have Islamists murdering innocent people. Is that what Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught?

Hi, you are not a state of consciousness, you are embodying a state- you are consciousness itself (spirit, mind, imagination). And what makes the state you are in different from another person is the way your mind is arranged. Not excluding that we have identity.

So the mental configuration is also not a state of consciousness? What is mind, and its "movable parts" so to speak, in your view?

Ask an enlightened Hebrew how to intentionally move between states. They are the best teachers. (Israel means - he shall rule as God.)

Thanks, my training of the mind attaining certain states is Buddhist, and I think it enables me to follow what you are saying. Did you study with a Jewish teacher, is that where your recommendation is coming from?

Are you familiar with the work of Teresa of Avila, and her mentor, John of the cross?

Back