Why Do People Like To Talk About Their Spiritual Beliefs?

One broken link, the whole chain fails. That is the issue? All effort has to go to defend the individual links. A single brick, the house comes down?

There is a place on the ground that is not on the map. Reality is wrong?

I have always thought of consciousness as being our awareness of ourselves in time, and that which is beyond consciousness being the realm of the spirit. Jung had basically a whole world lying outside of consciousness in his concept of the unconscious, an exciting world within that didn't necessarily follow the rules of time.
I would say our personal or self consciousness is the sum total of all we believe about ourselves and life. This is Adam; the animus- the actuating spirit of my mentation. Eve, the anima, is our personal subconsciousness or personal subjective mind. Eve is what gives form to or brings forth that which we call our personal life and body. She is woman, or what we cleave to. She is the bride. The two are really one and we are both.

I would also say there is only Consciousness which is spirit. There is no separation between the world of spirit and the world of form. (Thinking that there is is what I would call the fall from grace.)

Reactions: RJM
Coming back down in time, all things are indeed lawful, but are they expedient? In other words, if freedom is used in an irresponsible manner, is it still love, or has it transgressed the ways of love? The implications... could be serious, as well as the consequences.

Good morning, I hope all is well and happy.

I can offer to you that Baha'u'llah answered your question, well for me anyway.

"Consider the pettiness of men's minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance."

"Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness".

There has been much more offered, but Love also offers the solution.

The solution has been offered as to what true freedom really is,

"The liberty that profiteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth. Whoso hath tasted of its sweetness will refuse to barter it for all the dominion of earth and heaven."

So true freedom, true liberty is sumed up in this advice.

" True liberty consisteth in man's submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it.... We approve of liberty in certain circumstances, and refuse to sanction it in others. We, verily, are the All-Knowing....
Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty.

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335

So that is the Quandary I see the world faces. If God in this age has sent Baha'u'llah to us to obtain true liberty, then humanity as a whole can not find peace until we become a unite whole.

Why can we not be one Human race under One God, what prevents this? That is a question we must each ask our own selves.

Regards Tony

Why can we not be one Human race under One God, what prevents this? That is a question we must each ask our own selves.

For one, because not all of us have exactly one god.

How about, we all unite under the principle of religious tolerance? I honestly believe this would be slightly more likely to lead to good results than enforcing monotheism.

OK .. so how can mankind unite under that?
..by definition, there is no unity.

I'd rather say, there is unity in a cause such as religious tolerance.

Uniformity of belief, no.

But unity in commitment to respecting another person's right to believe or disbelieve in as many gods as they feel moved to, yes.

Good morning, I hope all is well and happy.

I can offer to you that Baha'u'llah answered your question, well for me anyway.

"Consider the pettiness of men's minds. They ask for that which injureth them, and cast away the thing that profiteth them. They are, indeed, of those that are far astray. We find some men desiring liberty, and priding themselves therein. Such men are in the depths of ignorance."

"Know ye that the embodiment of liberty and its symbol is the animal. That which beseemeth man is submission unto such restraints as will protect him from his own ignorance, and guard him against the harm of the mischief-maker. Liberty causeth man to overstep the bounds of propriety, and to infringe on the dignity of his station. It debaseth him to the level of extreme depravity and wickedness".

There has been much more offered, but Love also offers the solution.

The solution has been offered as to what true freedom really is,

"The liberty that profiteth you is to be found nowhere except in complete servitude unto God, the Eternal Truth. Whoso hath tasted of its sweetness will refuse to barter it for all the dominion of earth and heaven."

So true freedom, true liberty is sumed up in this advice.

" True liberty consisteth in man's submission unto My commandments, little as ye know it.... We approve of liberty in certain circumstances, and refuse to sanction it in others. We, verily, are the All-Knowing....
Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty.

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 335

So that is the Quandary I see the world faces. If God in this age has sent Baha'u'llah to us to obtain true liberty, then humanity as a whole can not find peace until we become a unite whole.

Regards Tony

Thanks Tony, I like this quite a bit.

Were men to observe that which We have sent down unto them from the Heaven of Revelation, they would, of a certainty, attain unto perfect liberty."

Yes. These are the commandments of love. Anything outside of this results in guilt and sin (both of which I've had my share and am very tired of). The liberty of love is what I also seek for there is no shame or guilt in it. It's a matter of experience and not cold concepts.

I would say our personal or self consciousness is the sum total of all we believe about ourselves and life. This is Adam; the animus- the actuating spirit of my mentation. Eve, the anima, is our personal subconsciousness or personal subjective mind. Eve is what gives form to or brings forth that which we call our personal life and body. She is woman, or what we cleave to. She is the bride. The two are really one and we are both.

I would also say there is only Consciousness which is spirit. There is no separation between the world of spirit and the world of form. (Thinking that there is is what I would call the fall from grace.)

Hi Priceless,

I'm afraid I will have to keep consciousness separate from the world of spirit until I better understand what you are talking about. To me the fall traps spirit in time and consciousness. We might have to disagree on this for awhile. However, you are still perfect in my eyes. :)

Reactions: RJM
But unity in commitment to respecting another person's right to believe or disbelieve in as many gods as they feel moved to, yes.

..sounds alright in theory, but in practice, not so much.
I remember some fraudlent cults in the 60's 70's that needed police action, for example :)

It depends what the beliefs actually are, surely?

To me the fall traps spirit in time and consciousness..

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
You do agree that Almighty God is forgiving and merciful, no?
Do you think that Almighty God forgave Adam & Eve, or not?

I think that they were completely forgiven, but with the eye-opening knowledge that had come their way,
they then needed to remember Almighty God every day in order to avoid the pitfalls of no longer being in
a state of innocence. Without doing so, we can not be successful. i.e. satan will have his way

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
You do agree that Almighty God is forgiving and merciful, no?
Do you think that Almighty God forgave Adam & Eve, or not?

Yes, in position but not in experience (that has to be worked out with fear and trembling). God is INCREDIBLY forgiving and merciful, but the fall is the fall. The fall is our purgatory, so to speak. We learn and are made better through our experience here in time, in the midst of the fall.

I think that they were completely forgiven, but with the eye-opening knowledge that had come their way,
they then needed to remember Almighty God every day in order to avoid the pitfalls of no longer being in
a state of innocence. Without doing so, we can not be successful. i.e. satan will have his way

Yes, I think we are pretty much saying the same thing with different words. ;)

Hi Priceless,

I'm afraid I will have to keep consciousness separate from the world of spirit until I better understand what you are talking about. To me the fall traps spirit in time and consciousness. We might have to disagree on this for awhile. However, you are still perfect in my eyes. :)
I am certain that we disagree on many topics. And that is quite alright.

For one, because not all of us have exactly one god.

How about, we all unite under the principle of religious tolerance? I honestly believe this would be slightly more likely to lead to good results than enforcing monotheism.

Hello Cino. Firstly I see Faith can never be forced. It has to be a choice and as to how we see that and life is also bound to Nature and Nurture, which in the end will not reflect what is beyond this world.

I see unity starts with our acceptance that we are part of one human race.

Regards Tony

I see unity starts with our acceptance that we are part of one human race.

I don't. I see unity can only be achieved by a direct intervention from Almighty God.
The two largest religious groups are opposed to each other i.e. Catholic and Muslim

The Catechism of the Catholic Church follows a discussion of the church's ultimate trial:

The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgement. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the 'intrinsically perverse' political form of a secular messianism.

This has been the case since the 4th. century.
Amillennialism gained ground after Christianity became a legal religion. It was systematized by St. Augustine in the 4th century, and this systematization carried amillennialism over as the dominant eschatology of the Medieval and Reformation periods.

Prior to that, most early Christians believed in the return of Christ.
It is not surprising that the Catholic church denies the existence of an antiChrist.
After all, it was the religion of the ruling classes, and they obviously wished to quell this notion.

To me the fall traps spirit in time and consciousness
That’s exactly how I see it too
..sounds alright in theory, but in practice, not so much.

I remember some fraudulent cults in the 60's 70's that needed police action, for example
clip_image001.png

It depends what the beliefs actually are, surely?
But surely a legal adult has the right to believe or join whatever faith group he chooses, unless he goes against the law of the land?
It is not surprising that the Catholic church denies the existence of an antiChrist.
Simply not true
Prior to that, most early Christians believed in the return of Christ.
Christians still do

Last edited:
But surely a legal adult has the right to believe or join whatever faith group he chooses? Unless it goes against the law of the land?

Exactly. Fraudulent religions are not acceptable. i.e. cults that ruin people's lives

I find it very interesting that in the Masjid in Medina, Saudia Arabia, where Muhammad, peace be with him, is buried,
there is an empty place for the grave of Jesus .. for when he returns and lives his life [ the millenium ] on this earth and finally experiences earthly death.

Why shouldn't Almighty God sort it all out?
Do you really believe that mankind can sort it out? Hasn't it gone too far?

Exactly. Fraudulent religions are not acceptable. i.e. cults that ruin people's lives
Who decides? If someone breaks the law, they face the law. Freedom is the adult responsibility to make personal choices, right or wrong, and learn from them?
Why shouldn't Almighty God sort it all out?
But which religion gets to impose their values? Christ never tried to change the world. "To Ceasar what belongs to Caesar, and to God what belongs to God"

The world will always be a testing ground for the soul. Perhaps that's how it's meant to be?

Last edited:
Back