There is no justice if atheism is true

That is also a true Christian.

Names can be a veil, it is the actions that define the "Spirit".

An Athiest can also produce works in that 'Spirit', yet attribute it to their own selves.

Regards Tony
All giving is good.
Even giving which brings focus upon the giver is good.
Giving for feel good factor is good.
Giving for publicity is good.
Giving in secret is good.
Giving is good.

We need all the giving possible .........

'Christians running towards the plague when virtually everybody else was running away.'
One thousand seven hundred years ago.

For sheer religious propaganda that absolutely has to get some kind of medal. ;)
I do think that all giving is good, and anybody who risks life for others in serious need surely needs to be commended publicly.

But........ One minute I hear Christianity telling me that overt giving is bad and the next I'm told how Christianity runs towards plaques!

You surely would not suggest, for example, that during these last two years it's been Christians running towards Covid when 'virtually everybody else' was running away? A huge % of our paramedics, nurses, doctors, clinicians and more would feel very angry if any dared to make any boast like that.

You surely would not suggest, for example, that during these last two years it's been Christians running towards Covid when 'virtually everybody else' was running away? A huge % of our paramedics, nurses, doctors, clinicians and more would feel very angry if any dared to make any boast like that.
Another person comparing covid to the plague, lol

The point @Ahanu makes is that this
general 'kindness' is the residual effect of Christian values now assumed as normal decent social mores. It wasn't always like that, before Christian values took effect upon society in general.

'Kindness' is normal towards our own family and kind -- tribe or extended family. Christ extended concern for others to beyond the family and tribe to include all other people -- all mankind. The parable of the good Samaritan. Imo

Last edited:
The modern fundamentalist 'We Christians Club' has become an army of bigotry and division. There's nothing of Christ left there, imo

general 'kindness' is the residual effect of Christian values now assumed as normal decent social mores. It wasn't always like that, before Christian values took effect upon society in general.
I agree with that.
..and that is why civilisations rise and fall.
We tend to take things for granted, and become complacent .. and before you know it.. 😣

Another person comparing covid to the plague, lol

The point @Ahanu makes is that this

'Kindness' is normal towards our own family and kind -- tribe or extended family. Christ extended concern for others to beyond the family and tribe to include all other people -- all mankind. The parable of the good Samaritan. Imo
Yes, I certainly am thinking of COVID, and laughing out loud at its mention doesn't seem to be very kind at all.
I don't see any residual effect in Christian values myself, I can't see Christianity as having a particularly good record, and a good example would be the subjugation and reduction of the American Indian tribes. How many more does anybody need?
Kindness is normal......? My wife has just read a book about the Irish Christian laundries......dreadful. dreadful.

There are people who try to abuse the Spirit. But the Spirit emerges pure and clean. Christ always emerges from the nets of words .

Last edited:
I don't see any residual effect in Christian values myself, I can't see Christianity as having a particularly good record, and a good example would be the subjugation and reduction of the American Indian tribes.
That is not "a good example" at all.
It had little to do with religion.
Did the settlers have a right to defend their territory?

Wrongs were done on both sides .. they usually are.
It was a clash of civilisations, and we all know who came out victorious.

That is not "a good example" at all.
It had little to do with religion.
Did the settlers have a right to defend their territory?
Can we plant a building in your back yard and call the area our territory?
In one sentence you tell that the conquest and pillage of American Indians was nowt to do with Christianity, then try to defend the actions of the immigrants .
Wrongs were done on both sides .. they usually are.
It was a clash of civilisations, and we all know who came out victorious.
Are you telling me that Christians can do such things to people?
That was only one incidence of such massive invasion and intrusion. The Spanish immigration on to central America was as bad.

Are you telling me that Christians can do such things to people?
That was only one incidence of such massive invasion and intrusion. The Spanish immigration on to central America was as bad.
Oh, for goodness sake!
Wars have always been fought in this world.
I'm not going to get in to a fight about which wars were "just wars" etc.

The bottom line is that Christians believe that they will have to answer to God for everything that they do.
How about atheists? Who do they have to answer to?

@Aupmanyav ..... Did Pol Pot have a religion or was he atheist? Either way he had to be the maddest mass murderer of modern times.
Yes, he was the maddest. He was a communist. I do not know about his religious thoughts. He was busy in other things, and I don't think he had time for religion.

Last edited:
you telling me that Christians can do such things to people?
Is that what Christ taught? War and killing and subjugation? Never heard of wolf in sheep's clothing? Never heard of one good thing that ever came from Christians?

I'm leaving this hater thread now ...

Oh, for goodness sake!
Wars have always been fought in this world.
I'm not going to get in to a fight about which wars were "just wars" etc.

The bottom line is that Christians believe that they will have to answer to God for everything that they do.
How about atheists? Who do they have to answer to?
So you think that Christians are more humane than Atheists?
More honest? More righteous?

Yeah, our conscience is the internal police. In some cases it is strict, in some lax, and in some cases it aligns with the criminal.
It is the consciousness that differentiates us from the animal.

In evolution, this is the aspect that differnetiates man from the animal, it is the humans given potential and not the ape's.

Now one has to consider if it is an accidental process or an intelligent process.

Regards Tony

In evolution, this is the aspect that differnetiates man from the animal, it is the humans given potential and not the ape's.

Now one has to consider if it is an accidental process or an intelligent process.

Regards Tony
Not a very good record for humans, with all that conscience.
Thanks for you kind response to my earlier post. :)

Regards Tony
Reply removed at user's own request

Last edited by a moderator:
Back