Can you relate?

Paul says it very simply, “my conscience is clear”. “I am content”. I feel for people who have to live in a struggle every day of their life wondering ”if I am doing enough good”. that is not freedom, that is slavery.
The truth is, we are ALL slaves one way or another.
Pharaoh thought he was "the boss" .. look what good that did him! :(

Anybody who rejects being "a slave of G-d" does not truly believe.
Faith is in 2 parts .. having hope in G-d's generous Mercy .. and fear of His wrath.

Right .. and you just happen not to be going to hell?
..but I am?
I could be going to hell, I don't believe I will, but I could be wrong. Are you going to hell, that's up to you, but I would believe that you believe that you are going to your "garden". I hope this is true for you. I would never want to see anyone in hell, at least the hell that the Bible speaks of. The Quran seems to have about 3 or 4 different versions of hell. But as for a Muslim, you are all promised a "garden" with great food and drink. The Bible never offers a better "human" life in Heaven.
No .. one cannot buy their way out of hell .. we all rely on G-d's mercy.
..and G-d is more merciful than a mother to her child.
I guess that you missed the point of my statement. No one can buy there way out of hell, but that does not stop them believing that when they have been sold the lie that they can. People are gullible, they believe what they are told, they don't seek truth. Wouldn't you rather believe that the Catholic church and Priests can get you into heaven. Think about the "last rites" deal that the Catholic Church offers.

You have a twisted, one sided view of God.

Sorry this is long, but necessary.

Romans 9:11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,
12 it was said to her, “THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER.”
13 Just as it is written, “JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED.”
14 What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
15 For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.”
16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.”
18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.
19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?”
20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it?
21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
22 What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

The all CAPS are quotes from the Old Testament.
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ro 9:11–22
The "gift" is faith .. faith and accurate religious knowledge, that saves from the fire of hell.
The first is correct, the second part is where you are so misinformed. The thief on the cross has no "religious knowledge" and still was going to paradise. Once you attach anything to Faith, Faith no longer is Faith. Faith is simply believing in God alone, nothing added! "Abraham believed and it was credited to him as righteousness" There was not Laws or books when Abraham lived.
That is meaningless dogma. I think Saul of Tarsus [Paul] is so often quoted, and misunderstood.
Paul was not Jesus' disciple nor a prophet, in any case.
Only your opinion and you are certainly deceived enough to believe this non-sense. Once again, you simply claim that the Bible is a lie.
Of course .. but what sort of love is it, if we ignore his guidance?
Let's see, the Bible uses marriage as an example when it comes to God. If I have to wait for my wife to instruct me as to how to love her, do you think that she will think that I love her? No, Love never has to be instructed if a person really loves another person. God does not want puppets!! He desires people who will love them. You are so legalistic! I don't know if you are married or ever have been, try legalism is your marriage and see how long that works. It's just so simple that people can't see it. Always trying to make something more complicated than necessary. I certainly would not think my wife loved me is it was just about a legalist contract.

See if this helps:

Luke 7:44 Turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
45 “You gave Me no kiss; but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet.
46 “You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume.
47 “For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.”
48 Then He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.”
49 Those who were reclining at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?”
50 And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Lk 7:44–50.

If anyone has every known the forgiveness of God, and most will never know this, then it's not hard to love God with your entire life. I was a rotten sinner until God adopted men into His family. He forgave all the evil that I had done in my life. That is the purpose for loving God, not some legalistic non-sense. It's what God did, period.
The truth is, we are ALL slaves one way or another
No, Jesus sets us free from slavery to sin.
Anybody who rejects being "a slave of G-d" does not truly believe.
So you believe that Allah wants "slaves"? Do you hear yourself, Is that a loving God?

31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;
32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never yet been enslaved to anyone; how is it that You say, ‘You will become free’?”
34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
35 “The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
36 “So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed
Do you still sin?

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 8:31–36.
Not study the meaning of righteousness?
What is "righteousness"? You think you know or can know? "There is no one righteous, no not one". The rich young ruler thought that he was righteous and look what Jesus says;

18 A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20 “You know the commandments, ‘DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.’ ”
21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”
22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
23 But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.
24 And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
25 “For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
26 They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?”
27 But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Lk 18:18–27.
(Several individual posts have been combined here by moderator to consolidate)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always a consequence when it comes to sin. But if one is "born again", there sins are forgiven past, present and future

Thinking must be required for these two sentences.

I could be going to hell, I don't believe I will, but I could be wrong. Are you going to hell, that's up to you, but I would believe that you believe that you are going to your "garden". I hope this is true for you. I would never want to see anyone in hell, at least the hell that the Bible speaks of. The Quran seems to have about 3 or 4 different versions of hell. But as for a Muslim, you are all promised a "garden" with great food and drink. The Bible never offers a better "human" life in Heaven.
This world is a matrix, given to us by God to enable us to grow our spiritual limbs.

I offer some thoughts given by Baha'u'llah (Glory of God).

“O My servants! There shineth nothing else in Mine heart except the unfading light of the Morn of Divine guidance, and out of My mouth proceedeth naught but the essence of truth, which the Lord your God hath revealed. Follow not, therefore, your earthly desires, and violate not the Covenant of God, nor break your pledge to Him. With firm determination, with the whole affection of your heart, and with the full force of your words, turn ye unto Him, and walk not in the ways of the foolish. The world is but a show, vain and empty, a mere nothing, bearing the semblance of reality. Set not your affections upon it. Break not the bond that uniteth you with your Creator, and be not of those that have erred and strayed from His ways. Verily I say, the world is like the vapor in a desert, which the thirsty dreameth to be water and striveth after it with all his might, until when he cometh unto it, he findeth it to be mere illusion. It may, moreover, be likened unto the lifeless image of the beloved whom the lover hath sought and found, in the end, after long search and to his utmost regret, to be such as cannot “fatten nor appease his hunger.”

O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Baha’u’llah

Regards Tony

This is your opinion, there is no support for it. You have been watching too much TV
I am only sharing thoughts from the Baha'i Writings, teachings I see come from God. I have the quotes available. These views were offered in the mid 1800's to early 1900's.

Here is one such quote.

"In the matrix of the mother we were the recipients of endowments and blessings of God, yet these were as nothing compared to the powers and graces bestowed upon us after birth into this human world. Likewise if we are born from the matrix of this physical and phenomenal environment into the freedom and loftiness of the life and vision spiritual, we shall consider this mortal existence and its blessings as worthless by comparison". ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Bahá’í World Faith, p. 266-267

Regards Tony

How can you be sure, presumably you do not know when they read the bible?
Please, I don't want to shake my head with you too. Tony is hard enough.

The Scribes and Pharisees knew (information) the Scriptures and yet they did not listen to them. That was Jesus message to them.

7 “You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
8 ‘THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
9 ‘BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.’ ”

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Mt 15:7–9.

14 [“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation.]
15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one aproselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of bhell as yourselves.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Mt 23:14–15.

Jesus knew from the beginning that He was going to be killed by the Jews, just as they killed all the prophets who spoke against their legalistic system.
Well, he was wrong, wasn't he? He was killed by the Romans. That's what it says in the text.

The Scribes and Pharisees knew (information) the Scriptures and yet they did not listen to them. That was Jesus message to them.
So the modern-day equivalent might be someone who quotes the Bible incessantly, while getting the message wrong? Such as, who actually executed Jesus?

So the modern-day equivalent might be someone who quotes the Bible incessantly, while getting the message wrong? Such as, who actually executed Jesus?
Yes, but the Scriptures state who killed Jesus. It was the Jews by way of the Romans. What are you doing up this late?

someone who quotes the Bible incessantly, while getting the message wrong?
Just about everyone here is doing this. There is nothing "hidden" in the texts. It is straight forward English in my translation. As I have said before, there are a few hard passages but most is clear. Scripture always interprets Scripture. Most people just don't like what it says. The Scripture portrays the Father as God, Jesus (as the Son) as God and the Holy Spirit as God, yet we know that there is only one God. So what do we do with these texts?

And then Christianity became another tribe. That is the misfortune of the world.
That is why my pet saying in Hindi is "Guru ko maro goli" (Shoot the one who claims to be a teacher).
They have given nothing other than strife to the world.
And that is why my label - "Be your own Guru".
I like most of what you say here, but the idea that the teachers and messengers of G-d have given NOTHING but strife to the world seems too much of a blanket statement and not accurate.

Last edited:
Back