Can you relate?

..as opposed to what, exactly?
..just believing that Jesus has saved you .. and then it is so?
It's all about repentance and understanding that we deserve nothing. It's about what Jesus said, "believe in me". It's never about a head knowledge, it's a heart issue and a transformation, "you must be born again" as Jesus states. It's never about what I do or believe, it's always about what God does. Like I have been saying, it's all about what God does in the heart of a person to allow him to believe.
On the one hand, you say G-d only cares about the Jewish nation,
and on the other, you claim that works carry no weight.
You don't follow very well. The Jewish nation of Israel is God's chosen people and will always be God's chosen people as a nation. The Jews were chosen, but not every Jew was a Jew in the sense of Faith, they kept wanting someone other than God to lead them and this is where they stumbled. God states that "adultery" was there real problem. I have stated this before, they wanted a king to lead them and God gave them a bad king in Saul to punish them. The Jews were continually being punished by God for there rejection.

If you think that the Nation of Israel was saved because of works, you haven't read the OT. God was sick of their offerings, He wanted their hearts, just as He does today. Works carry no "weight", they just show that we love God and have nothing to do with our salvation. The NT talks about God "adopting" people. The person who is adopted can do nothing in the adoption process!
You seem either confused ..
Not confused, just know the Scriptures inside and out. Could walk you through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation without every opening the Bible. The story laid out is amazing, just like God.
Ummm .. there IS only One God.
G-d created all creatures .. some are believers [in G-d]. and some aren't.
Do you have any idea of how God sees mankind?

5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 The LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.
7 The LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.”
8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

(New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Ge 6:5–8.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RJM
Ummm .. there IS only One God.
G-d created all creatures .. some are believers [in G-d]. and some aren't.
Our beliefs differ. We have a few thousand Gods and Goddesses. Each region has its own. Some, like me deny even the possibility of their existence.

..The Jewish nation of Israel is God's chosen people and will always be God's chosen people as a nation.
..as long as they take heed of what they have been given, maybe..

If you think that the Nation of Israel was saved because of works, you haven't read the OT. God was sick of their offerings, He wanted their hearts, just as He does today.
..and why should G-d only want the hearts of Jews?
Makes no sense..

Works carry no "weight", they just show that we love God and have nothing to do with our salvation..
Absurd nonsense!
If a person claims he has faith, and his behaviour doesn't reflect it, they are in danger.

1. a person who is sincere, but does major sins needs to repent .. no automatic forgiveness
2. a person who is sincere will EVENTUALLY enter paradise

..and eventually might mean he is in hell for a very long time .. G-d knows best.
G-d's forgiveness is a complex topic.
It is not just a matter of being "born again", and a person can do what they like with no consequence.

..and why should G-d only want the hearts of Jews?
Makes no sense..
If you have ever loved someone, you should understand, if you haven't love someone, you will not understand. Makes perfect sense. Some people are just pleasers, I am married to one, she wants to please everyone, has nothing to do with love, it's just who she is. I would say that people who think that God is desiring "works" is missing the point.

Why has G!d not chosen you to be more compassionate, patient, Christ like, Christian?
Actually, you should have known me before Christ revealed Himself to me. And like I have said, look at how Jesus treats people who are "religious" but don't know God or understand the Scriptures; "you brood of vipers". "Woe to you...." You don't want to see the real Jesus, you just want love, peace, and joy from you god.

The real Jesus eh? Yes, I believe you are correct, I have no interest in following the Jesus that inspires your posts.
I sure hope that I am wrong for your sake.

13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites..."

9 times Jesus says this to people who think that they are religious.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Mt 23:13.

Last edited by a moderator:
13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites..."
He was not very kind to Pharisees. I suppose he was kind only to people who considered him the 'anointed son of God'.

It is not just a matter of being "born again", and a person can do what they like with no consequence.
I'm sure most don't believe that. Anything is possible, of course, with the American megachurch preachers, but it's obviously not mainstream?

Is not there a condition that he must be a Muslim and has acknowledged Muhammad as the last messenger of Allah? (Shahada)
No. Not unless a person knows that Islam is authentic, but ignores it.
..but that would not be sincere.

I'm sure most don't believe that. Anything is possible, of course, with the American megachurch preachers, but it's obviously not mainstream?
I am fully aware that Catholics believe in hell and purgatory, as well as heaven [paradise] :)
.I lived in Irish Republic, remember.

He was not very kind to Pharisees. I suppose he was kind only to people who considered him the 'anointed son of God'.
That's why Jesus felt sorry for the 5000+ who were hungry after 3 days of following Him, so He told the disciples to feed them.

I don't think he explains it.

I don't think Jesus meant that at all. Divine law is eternal, regardless of time and place and religion. It is never abrogated.

I think Jesus meant He had come to renew the understanding of true eternal spiritual law, that never changes, not to replace old rules with new ones pertaining to the time. Paul explains that constantly. Spiritual law can seem directly opposite to natural law. That is the sermon on the mount, and the true meaning of sacrifice, imo
I think, you are both right in a way.
Teachings of the prophets are answers given in the time they lived in. But they can be universal if the conditions are always the same.
Maybe spiritual law seems sometimes to oppose natural law, but in my opinion, it rather brings us in harmony with nature, although our world is different from the world human instinct has been built for.

Back