Love

Clearly you do, but it essentially promotes the Quran non-resurrected Christ over the New Testament Jesus, therefore Christians do not and will not see things the same way? It's easy to see the problem, where in order to see Baha'u'llah as the only true messenger for the next 1000 years, others have to throw out their own religions?

Never mind @Tony Bristow-Stagg this discussion just goes around and around in a circle from this point, imo

(Logging out on way to work now ;))
I was brought up as Church of England.

I have never thrown out Jesus the Christ from accepting Muhammad, Krishna, Zoroaster, the Bab and Baha'u'llah, to name a few.

In fact, I see it strengthened my faith in Christ.

All the best, have a great day, I am soon to bed and when your evening comes, I wil be getting up at 4am to start work at 5:30am. 🤣👌👍

Regards Tony

Strong’s Definitions
μονή monḗ, mon-ay'; from G3306; a staying, i.e. residence (the act or the place):—abode, mansion.
My thought is we are all invited to embrace the Message and serve. On earth we gather in house of worship, the true mansions of Faith. There are many house of worship, all praying to One God (some may not recognise this to be so).

Personally I see in the end it is not important, it is best left alone if it becomes the cause of arguments.

Regards Tony

My thought is we are all invited to embrace the Message and serve. On earth we gather in house of worship, the true mansions of Faith. There are many house of worship, all praying to One God (some may not recognise this to be so).

Personally I see in the end it is not important, it is best left alone if it becomes the cause of arguments.
So you'll stop telling Christians to abandon the Trinity, to suit your Quran rooted cult ideology?

You will accept Buddhist rebirth and Hindu polytheism?

So you'll stop telling Christians to abandon the Trinity, to suit your Quran rooted cult ideology?

You will accept Buddhist rebirth and Hindu polytheism?
What one can consider, is that it was not my message that told the Christian to cease the Trinity.

I only see that what Muhammad offered was from God and as such, was very important.

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."

We get to see it that is from God, or it is not.

Remember Jesus offered that the Word of God is a sword, it cuts off all of us that stick to our own perceptions.

This does not take anything away from Jesus Christ and yes, we can leave it all alone and go the way the world is going, or we can discuss the wisdom found in all scriptures.

Regards Tony

What one can consider, is that it was not my message that told the Christian to cease the Trinity.

I only see that what Muhammad offered was from God and as such, was very important.

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs."

We get to see it that is from God, or it is not.

Remember Jesus offered that the Word of God is a sword, it cuts off all of us that stick to our own perceptions.

This does not take anything away from Jesus Christ and yes, we can leave it all alone and go the way the world is going, or we can discuss the wisdom found in all scriptures.

Regards Tony
I rest my case: Baha'i is derivative and rooted from Islam. It doesn't fly with the New Testament, and requires anyone who believes in the New Testament life and message of the Christ, to chuck it out in favour of Islamic ideology, as a prequel to Baha'i ideology

Hebrews 4
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

As a Christian I do not recognize the Quran as the Word of God. I do not believe that God inspired any writings after the bible and that He sent anyone else to change the Word of God. To do so would in fact blaspheme the Holy Spirit which is the unpardonable sin. Denying Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God sent as the Lamb of God slain for the sins of the world destined before even creation.

1 Peter 1:18–21

knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

sorry no can do. Your idea of wisdom is not wisdom to me but a man being deceived by the father of lies.

this is my humble opinion.

Reactions: RJM
Clearly you do, but it essentially promotes the Quran non-resurrected Christ over the New Testament Jesus, therefore Christians do not and will not see things the same way? It's easy to see the problem, where in order to see Baha'u'llah as the only true messenger for the next 1000 years, others have to throw out their own religions?

Never mind @Tony Bristow-Stagg this discussion just goes around and around in a circle from this point, imo

(Logging out on way to work now ;))
The Quran confirms the resurrection of Jesus. It doesn't mention that he appeared to his disciples thereafter, but this can be read in the Gospel accounts, and it is not denied in the Quran.

The Son is a station given to Jesus, with deep spiritual significance.
What do you mean by "station"? As I understand the Bible, Son-of-God and Son-of-Men are titles of the Messiah, but Jesus said, those who do the will of God, are his brothers and sisters, all sons or daughters of the Father.
Christ means "Annointed One". Jesus was Christ in the Station of the Son. The Father was yet to come.

God sends all the Christ's "Annointed Ones".
Seems odd to me that you say "the Father was yet to come". Do you not identify the Father with God, the Eternal who was in the beginning?

You confuse wisdom, wisdom would tell you to listen to Jesus. "God with us" If you really want wisdom, just read Proverbs.

Remember Jesus offered that the Word of God is a sword
Why do you so enjoy ignoring Scripture, especially since you claim to believe the Bible?

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

It does not take a rocket scientist To just read the text.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), Jn 1:14.

Seems odd to me that you say "the Father was yet to come". Do you not identify the Father with God, the Eternal who was in the beginning?
And here is one Baha'i interpretation explained succinctly in a few paragraphs:

Jesus’s parable is based, in part, on the “The Song of the Vineyard” in Isaiah 5:1–7. What follows is the present writer’s brief interpretation of this parable, purely an individual exegesis, not an official Baha’i interpretation:

The “certain man” in verse 1 refers to “the lord of the vineyard” in verse 9. Here, this is generally taken by Biblical scholars to mean God, the Creator of the vineyard, which symbolizes the world at large. Although many Christian interpreters have identified Israel as the vineyard, there are other possible interpretations, such as the kingdom of God, the people of God, or the covenantal relationship between God and His people.

The “husbandmen”—the cultivators of the vineyard—are those who are in charge of the vineyard, i.e. the religious leaders of each prophetic day and age.

In verse 2, the Lord of the vineyard sends a “servant” to “receive” the “fruit of the vineyard.” Here, “fruit” is a common Biblical metaphor for good works and righteous deeds.

The “servant,” being sent by God, is widely understood to be a prophet of God. Having been caught, beaten, and sent away (verse 3), God then sends “another” servant, who is stoned, “wounded” and sent away, “shamefully handled” (verse 4). But then God sends another prophet, who is also “killed,” followed by “many others,” by prophets who suffer similar fates, after the people or their religious leaders end up “beating some, and killing some.”

As a last resort, God then sends his “well beloved . . . son,” who was the “last” prophet to be “sent” to the world (verse 6), but God’s son, understood by most Christian interpreters to be Jesus Christ, is “killed” and “cast … out of the vineyard” (verse 8).

Thereupon, the “Lord of the vineyard” will himself appear and “will give the vineyard unto others” (verse 9). Interpreted literally, this would, of course, mean that God would somehow come to the vineyard in person. Baha’is reject this literal interpretation, however, since God is not a “person” (even though we experience God personally) and, in any case, is infinite and therefore cannot appear in a finite place, bound by time and space. Instead, God will appear by proxy—by sending another representative. This time, Baha’is believe, God’s representative is Baha’u’llah.

This interpretation, in its general contours, appears to be confirmed by the great Baha’i scholar Mirza Abu’l-Fadl:

That is, the Sovereign of the universe and Creator of the peoples brought the world into existence, adorning it with the most perfect form, and set the human race over it as a tenant. In every age He appointed one of His servants as a messenger to inquire into the welfare of the creation. But the people, ignorant wrongdoers, refused to recognize or accept him, greeting him with derision and haughtiness. Finally, He sent the perfect, divine Word in the name of Sonship, and they slew him as well. Naturally, the Lord of all horizons on the Day of Encounter will manifest Himself [as Baha’u’llah], and deliver the world, the divine vineyard, over to the just and trustworthy. – Mirza Abu’l-Faḍl Gulpaygani, “Why Moses Could Not See God,” Letters & Essays, 1886–1913, pp. 24–25.

As “Lord of the Vineyard,” Baha’u’llah proclaimed that Mt. Carmel in Israel—the site of the Baha’i World Center—would become God’s Vineyard:

Carmel, in the Book of God, hath been designated as the Hill of God, and His Vineyard. It is here that, by the grace of the Lord of Revelation, the Tabernacle of Glory hath been raised. Happy are they that attain thereunto; happy they that set their faces towards it. – Baha’u’llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 145.

Actually you have to have a dead person to have a resurrection
I see zombies walking around outside every day, staring into their phones. Perhaps they are on their way to a funeral. "Let the dead bury their dead" is something I recall Jesus saying (Matt. 8.22).

I would like to toy with the idea of what kind of Love God wants from us, not how we are to love each other. Dialogue?

Are either of these words appropriate when it comes to how God wants us to love Him?

Is God an dictator that just wants a slave?

And you can add your own if you desire.
Hmm . . . getting back on topic, I would like to add my own list. Here's my first addition:

Is God a wrecking ball that knocks down the wall that separates the lover and the Beloved in the mad quest for love?

"Lover and Friend are one being, and separate beings too, as the polisher melts in the mirror’s face."
-Rumi (trans. Coleman Barks) 👀

What do you mean by "station"? As I understand the Bible, Son-of-God and Son-of-Men are titles of the Messiah, but Jesus said, those who do the will of God, are his brothers and sisters, all sons or daughters of the Father.
From what I currently understand from the Baha'i Writings, is that God is above all Names, Attributes and knowledge. Nothing can define the Essence of God, a knowledge that is even beyond the reach of the Messengers, the door is barred.

So all the Names and Attributes are but the essence and the reflections of the Holy Spirit, which from my understanding of the Baha'i Writings, is also created of God.

When we say God is Most Great, that praise just acknowledges what the Messengers have shown us and what they have revealed to us, all praise reverts to the praise of the Messengers. I think this is what the Writings offer.

Jesus offered this

"Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

What is living in Jesus, is the Holy Spirit, which reflects the Names and Attributes of God. God does not decend into creation.

Shoghi Effendi quotes Baha'u'llah and gave us this guidance as to the 'Station' of Baha’u’llah.

Followers of the Gospel,” Bahá’u’lláh addressing the whole of Christendom exclaims, “behold the gates of heaven are flung open. He that had ascended unto it is now come. Give ear to His voice calling aloud over land and sea, announcing to all mankind the advent of this Revelation—a Revelation through the agency of which the Tongue of Grandeur is now proclaiming: ‘Lo, the sacred Pledge hath been fulfilled, for He, the Promised One, is come!’ ” “The voice of the Son of Man is calling aloud from the sacred vale: ‘Here am I, here am I, O God my God!’ … whilst from the Burning Bush breaketh forth the cry: ‘Lo, the Desire of the world is made manifest in His transcendent glory!’ The Father hath come. That which ye were promised in the Kingdom of God is fulfilled. This is the Word which the Son veiled when He said to those around Him that at that time they could not bear it… Verily the Spirit of Truth is come to guide you unto all truth… He is the One Who glorified the Son and exalted His Cause…” “The Comforter Whose advent all the scriptures have promised is now come that He may reveal unto you all knowledge and wisdom. Seek Him over the entire surface of the earth, haply ye may find Him.

There is a lot of in depth talks on this to be found.

Regards Tony

From what I currently understand from the Baha'i Writings, is that God is above all Names, Attributes and knowledge. Nothing can define the Essence of God, a knowledge that is even beyond the reach of the Messengers, the door is barred.

So all the Names and Attributes are but the essence and the reflections of the Holy Spirit, which from my understanding of the Baha'i Writings, is also created of God.

When we say God is Most Great, that praise just acknowledges what the Messengers have shown us and what they have revealed to us, all praise reverts to the praise of the Messengers. I think this is what the Writings offer.

Jesus offered this

"Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

What is living in Jesus, is the Holy Spirit, which reflects the Names and Attributes of God. God does not decend into creation.

Shoghi Effendi quotes Baha'u'llah and gave us this guidance as to the 'Station' of Baha’u’llah.

Followers of the Gospel,” Bahá’u’lláh addressing the whole of Christendom exclaims, “behold the gates of heaven are flung open. He that had ascended unto it is now come. Give ear to His voice calling aloud over land and sea, announcing to all mankind the advent of this Revelation—a Revelation through the agency of which the Tongue of Grandeur is now proclaiming: ‘Lo, the sacred Pledge hath been fulfilled, for He, the Promised One, is come!’ ” “The voice of the Son of Man is calling aloud from the sacred vale: ‘Here am I, here am I, O God my God!’ … whilst from the Burning Bush breaketh forth the cry: ‘Lo, the Desire of the world is made manifest in His transcendent glory!’ The Father hath come. That which ye were promised in the Kingdom of God is fulfilled. This is the Word which the Son veiled when He said to those around Him that at that time they could not bear it… Verily the Spirit of Truth is come to guide you unto all truth… He is the One Who glorified the Son and exalted His Cause…” “The Comforter Whose advent all the scriptures have promised is now come that He may reveal unto you all knowledge and wisdom. Seek Him over the entire surface of the earth, haply ye may find Him.

There is a lot of in depth talks on this to be found.

Regards Tony
This should be in a Baha'i thread, not here. Way off topic.

Back